KUDOS to Obafemi Martins!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
KUDOS to Obafemi Martins!!

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kako
Egg
Egg
Re: KUDOS to Obafemi Martins!!

Post by Kako »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I WOULD SAY...

...that's generous of Martins. Might be interesting to know why he chose this specific form of charity.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to Obafemi !
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bell wrote:I WOULD SAY...

...that's generous of Martins. Might be interesting to know why he chose this specific form of charity.
Bell

I asked him and he said .... because..

:???: :???:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Obagoal for Russia 2018!
Instead of the two left footed forwards Rohr is planning to take...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Nice one from a guy who has not forgotten home. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Well done Oba goal, :clap: :clap: they say charity begins at home. Let's hope they are all put to good use and can be fully accounted for by this time next year
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done, Obagoal.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Thats amazing of him
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done Oba.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ok, is this soccer related ?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We need more of this but it has to be systemic. For me, we are reliant on individual benevolence, which is too erratic.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need more of this but it has to be systemic. For me, we are reliant on individual benevolence, which is too erratic.
For once, you are 100% right. Top marks to Oba Martins, but the governor should be ashamed of himself. The richest state in the country and it can't provide the basics for the majority of its people.

“On the one hand we are called to play the good Samaritan on life's roadside; but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life's highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring". MLK
http://www.naijiant.com/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nice one Oba Oba.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need more of this but it has to be systemic. For me, we are reliant on individual benevolence, which is too erratic.
For once, you are 100% right. Top marks to Oba Martins, but the governor should be ashamed of himself. The richest state in the country and it can't provide the basics for the majority of its people.

“On the one hand we are called to play the good Samaritan on life's roadside; but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life's highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring". MLK
What Lagos state do or don't do has nothing to do with a man giving back to his community . Texas is by all means a rich state yet people including football, basketball, and baseball players donate equipment and money to hospitals across the state all the time. People that can give should not dictate how others should give. You and Ayo should go and donate instead of using a governor's performance as excuse.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

What Lagos state do or don't do has nothing to do with a man giving back to his community . Texas is by all means a rich state yet people including football, basketball, and baseball players donate equipment and money to hospitals across the state all the time. People that can give should not dictate how others should give. You and Ayo should go and donate, instead of using a governor's performance as excuse.
Good point!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

cic old boy wrote:

Both are NOT mutually-exclusive...

Trust me, as someone who actually lives in this country, without Lagos I would have absolutely the barest hope (if any at all) for Nigeria. Obviously there’s still a lot to be done but Lagos has by far the best public health, transport and education systems in Nigeria, including completely free maternal services (albeit IMHO falls way short in social housing). Furthermore, Lagos tries very hard to economically empower its residents (including the physically-disabled) by, among other things, providing free adult education, artisanal training and providing interest-free loans (under the LSETF) for SMEs - regardless of state of origin! It is the only state that I am aware of in Nigeria that has a full-fledged Office of Disability Affairs, with specific social and economic programs for physically-disabled residents (not just indigenes).

That’s largely why folks (and not just Nigerians) keep streaming into Lagos every day. One result is that despite the primordial drivel by the Oba of Lagos during the last elections of folks ending up in the Lagoon, Ibos still ended up in the Lagos State Assembly and even represent Lagos in the National Assembly. Of course, this mass migration is also ironically a primary reason why Lagos may struggle to adequately cater for all of its residents. Any city/state/nation that has had a (substantial non-tax paying) population explosion of over 400% over the last 30 years would struggle to keep pace in terms of hard and/or soft infrastructure, especially when handcuffed by a largely inept federal superstructure. For the sad but factual reality is that outside of Lagos, much of Nigeria broaches Failed State dimensions.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

What Lagos state do or don't do has nothing to do with a man giving back to his community . Texas is by all means a rich state yet people including football, basketball, and baseball players donate equipment and money to hospitals across the state all the time. People that can give should not dictate how others should give. You and Ayo should go and donate, instead of using a governor's performance as excuse.
:clap:

Even in super rich London, there’s still loads of charitable donations...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Gotti wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Both are NOT mutually-exclusive...

Trust me, as someone who actually lives in this country, without Lagos I would have absolutely the barest hope (if any at all) for Nigeria. Lagos has by far the best public health and education systems in Nigeria, including completely free maternal services (albeit IMHO falls way short in social housing). Furthermore, Lagos tries very hard to economically empower its residents by, among other things, providing free adult education, artisanal training and providing interest-free loans (under the LSETF) for SMEs - regardless of state of origin! Accordingly, despite the primordial drivel by the Oba of Lagos during the last elections of folks ending up in the Lagoon, Ibos still ended up in the Lagos State Assembly and even represent Lagos in the National Assembly. That’s largely why folks keep streaming into Lagos everyday, which migration is ironically one of the reasons that Lagos may often struggle to adequately cater for all of its residents. Any city/state/nation that has had a (substantial non-tax paying) population explosion of over 400% over a thirty-year period would suffer to keep pace in terms of hard and/or soft infrastructure, particularly when constrained within the existence of a largely inept federal superstructure. For the sad but factual reality is that outside of Lagos, much of Nigeria broaches Failed State dimensions.
Thanks Gotti for this information, and perspectives on how things are in Lagos state.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges