Messi picks Spain, Brazil, Germany, France as favourates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

otite
Egg
Egg
Messi picks Spain, Brazil, Germany, France as favourates

Post by otite »

FIFA 2018 WC: Messi picks Spain, Brazil, Germany, France as favourates

ON NOVEMBER 9, 20175:34 AMIN NEWS, SPORTSCOMMENTS

Barcelona and Argentina’s star, Lionel Messi has picked Spain, Brazil, France and Germany as the top countries to win the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Messi saved Argentina World Cup qualification embarrassment last tie out with three goals in the 3-1 win over Ecuador that earned them progression to Russia 2018.

Argentina reached the World Cup final in Brazil three years ago, losing 1-0 to Germany. Asked what he would do is he won the final next summer, Lionel Messi said: “If we win the World Cup, I promise to walk to San Nicolas (a town 165 mils from Buenos Aires). “Winning the World Cup is all we want. “I would like to avoid Spain in the World Cup group because they would be a very difficult opponent, the candidates are Spain, Brazil, Germany and France.” On his club future Messi has reignited speculation about his future after again confirming he wants to play in Argentina before he retires.

Messi is yet to sign a new contract offer from Barcelona. His current deal expires next summer and Manchester City are said to be interested in the 30-year-old. Messi will likely seek a world-record pay package with whichever club he eventually signs for. about his ambitions before retirement. “I would love to play at Newell’s,” he said. “It’s a long-term dream, but the truth is that I do not know what can happen.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/fif ... avourates/
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Messi picks Spain, Brazil, Germany, France as favourates

Post by platinum »

That's it...he is really afraid of Nigeria. You can tell.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

who gives a s**t, his damn opinion which is popularly shared by many...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Shocking that he did not include Argentina but I guess he try to avoid laughing thread.
I doubt Neymar will say Germany,France and Spain fav without putting Brazil as fav.
I hope Argentina get knock out in group stage.
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

kajifu wrote:Shocking that he did not include Argentina but I guess he try to avoid laughing thread.
I doubt Neymar will say Germany,France and Spain fav without putting Brazil as fav.
I hope Argentina get knock out in group stage.
Argentina is going way too.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:lol: :lol: Old trick of putting pressure on your rivals by tagging them as favorites. It will interesting to see Argentina in what is probably going to be Messi's last WC.

Wha choo looking at?!