GERNOT ROHR ON GOALKEEPERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: GERNOT ROHR ON GOALKEEPERS

Post by gochino »

Just wondering, after coaching Nigeria for 6 yrs, Rohr was not able to discover one quality keeper? Na wah
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GERNOT ROHR ON GOALKEEPERS

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:53 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm
Waffiman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Enugu II wrote: Fact is the jury is still out on Uzoho because it is just one game but he did impress and he is built just like any one would want a goalie to be built.
KPOM KWEM! Uzoho definitely looks the part but he will have to get more games for us to see what he can do.
We must never get carried away with one performance but his debut was indeed very promising.

You need 3 Keepers for your WC squad, I understand why Rohr has to keep faith in Akpeyi. Besides, Akpeyi may end up being much improved for his experience so long as Rohr sees talent he can work with. I wont write him off.

I think Ezenwa is a good example of why you need to keep faith with young goalkeepers.

At this point, I must remember Carl and his battles ahead. I miss Carl Ikeme and wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Akpeyi is 31 Waffiman. I think it is too late to hope for any improvement in him. He is older than Carl Ikeme. Even Ezenwa is 29, so is no spring chicken but one can excuse him as he has never played outside Nigeria before and received any serious coaching.

However you look at it, neither Akpeyi or Ezenwa are long-term prospects. I would rather go with Dele Ajiboye (27) and Dele Alampasu (20) as they at least have time on their side.
I see your point with regards to age. But Goalkeepers are like fine wine. Ezenwa has improved with each game played, that's typical of goalies like him. That cannot be said for Akpeyi but it does not mean he is a write off yet.

Can you stop please?

Enough of the English!!!

I am living proof of the perils of supporting a team with a dodgy GK.

Even prayer warriors cannot help Nigeria with Ezenwa in goal at the WC!
Ironically, we won’t get to have anyone praying for us at the World Cup this time around. The moral of the story is, beware what you wish for. Your bigoted dislike for Ezenwa didn’t solve our goalkeeping problems❗️

Cheers.

:???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp