Kanu has more than £8,000 STOLEN from suitcase in MOSCOW

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kanu has more than £8,000 STOLEN from suitcase in MOSCOW

Post by Senator WIRES »

Why do people carry so much cash around these days?
"Nna mehn, nah Kash$Kary" :?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... oscow.html

Arsenal legend Nwankwo Kanu had $11,000 US dollars (£8228) in cash stolen from his suitcase in Moscow after he arrived from London.

Russian police said it was taken by two loaders at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport.

Kanu, 41, reported the money missing when he reached Kaliningrad, where he was playing in a World Cup curtain raiser game organised by FIFA.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kanu has more than £8,000 STOLEN from suitcase in MOSCOW

Post by theYemster »

If true, Kanu oughta know better.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Money has been retrieved back according to the latest news:

Just In: Kanu Nwankwo retrieves stolen $11,000 in Russia

http://aoifootball.com/2018/06/04/just- ... in-russia/
Former Super Eagles’ Skipper, Kanu Nwankwo has retrieved the money stolen from his luggage on arrival at the Moscow airport over the weekend after the attacker flew in for an exhibition game as part of the event towards the FIFA World Cup which starts in less than 12 days.

Local police had confirmed earlier on Monday morning that indeed the former African footballer of the year was robbed of around $11,000, equivalent to four million naira which was removed from his luggage on arrival at the Moscow airport.

However, AOIFootball.com can authoritatively confirm that the money has now been returned to the Arsenal legend, who told this medium immediately after he got back his money, that the local police have returned the stolen money.

“Yes it’s true that the money was stolen from me, but I can confirm to you right now that I have my money with me and I’m grateful to the security agencies for helping to recover it back,” Papilo said.

This incident will come as a setback to host country Russia, who are trying to stage a near-perfect World Cup with travelers been warned earlier by authorities to be vigilant throughout the tournament.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This Kanu tories don dey tire me. Who carries cash these days? Abi him no get good credit to get a credit card? I know Ashis used to only take cash payments but there is now Cash App.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I used to pull this trick so the chicks would know I was rolling in BIG DOUGH. Claim to have misplaced a few hundreds and act like it was nothing.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:This Kanu tories don dey tire me. Who carries cash these days? Abi him no get good credit to get a credit card? I know Ashis used to only take payments but there is now Cash App.
i dey with on this one; Kanu is becoming a drama king just like his wife. thats what happens with all these village girls. you can take them out of village but you cant take village out of them
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Please respect Kanu,$11k is small money for legend to have with,credit card is for other payment,you don't want to be using your card any how in Russia.Clubs,after party,ashawo etc
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I know 2 loaders that have booked a permanent vacation in Siberia.....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Does Russia allow visitors to come in with more than USD$10,000? Surprised he would put $11k in checked baggage. Kudos to the police.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

I bet you the Russian government paid him this money to avoid bad PR.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

There's something about WE Africans and drama/Money/Showboating/ controversy !!! How many times do you hear stuff like this with other Similarly profiled folks ( Seedorf, Kluivert, Zidane, karembau, Raul, Maradona) in the news?? This coulda been nothing, midirected luggage, misplaced, bad label etc......If anyone stole that 11K, could he vevr really get everything back? Jeez...and after spending so much time out , kanu does not know better...Class! Ever wonder why WE Africans get treated without respect? We need to raise the class too
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Some CE members have obviously “stormed” Russia. Didn’t Paj fly out yesterday? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

muzines wrote:I bet you the Russian government paid him this money to avoid bad PR.
My sentiments as well...first thing that crossed my mind. Can someone shut him up by giving him the money before he ruins the party for us!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

oloye wrote:
muzines wrote:I bet you the Russian government paid him this money to avoid bad PR.
My sentiments as well...first thing that crossed my mind. Can someone shut him up by giving him the money before he ruins the party for us!
Oga Oloye, in the original Daily Mail story, it was clearly stated that the two baggage handlers that took the money from the bag had been apprehended and the money confiscated. The Police woman also mentioned that the money would be handed back to Kanu. So kudos to the security system in place at the airport. Chai! those smart alecs probably saw the money while scanning the bags and didn’t realise the money belonged to a celebrity invited by the government.

If na England now, they would look for rules/excuses to hold onto the cash for a while if it’s recovered. If na Naija, Kanu no go see the money again lai lai. :taunt: :D :lol:

#10daystogo
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

In that case he better hurry up and check it is not counterfeit ... :tic:

Wha choo looking at?!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
In that case he better hurry up and check it is not counterfeit ... :tic:
I think it was 800,000 that was missing
Oya back to the matter
open and close
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oga Oloye, in the original Daily Mail story, it was clearly stated that the two baggage handlers that took the money from the bag had been apprehended and the money confiscated. The Police woman also mentioned that the money would be handed back to Kanu. So kudos to the security system in place at the airport. Chai! those smart alecs probably saw the money while scanning the bags and didn’t realise the money belonged to a celebrity invited by the government.

If na England now, they would look for rules/excuses to hold onto the cash for a while if it’s recovered. If na Naija, Kanu no go see the money again lai lai. :taunt: :D :lol:

#10daystogo
All that bit about the suspects being arrested can easily be arranged to show how efficient and prepared the Russia officials are towards ensuring the security and safety of the guest coming in for the World Cup. I am not saying that is necessarily true,but in the world of propaganda ..anything can happen o. But then like you said, those two mugus choose the wrong person to rob.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I use credit and debit cards. No need to carry that amount of money.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:

You guys are correct, that is very possible.

On the other hand, they might have actually caught the thieves...the Russians are very good at monitoring criminals and sometimes, "allowing them to exist" until they cross a line.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

On the other hand, they might have actually caught the thieves...the Russians are very good at monitoring criminals and sometimes, "allowing them to exist" until they cross a line.
Source.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Source.
chineke!!!! see tales by moonlight .......oya continue.....
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Source.

what kind of silly question is this?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Source.

what kind of silly question is this?
you dey mind ohenhen? :lol: :lol: