Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during C. LG FInal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during C. LG FInal

Post by metalalloy »

Surely puts his performance in perspective. Just like that, that hooligan Ramos took out two players. And i believe it was 100% intentional. Chris Sutton is a moron for his comments. His comments show the kind of flippant attitude people have towards these injuries.

This also puts Balogun's head clash into a different light. Head collisions are not treated seriously enough in football. Hopefully something tragic doesn't happen one day before FIFA institutes some standard protocol
Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said.

Karius, 24, was at fault for the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev on 26 May.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

Minutes after that collision, Karius threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, and it rolled home to give the Spaniards the lead.

Liverpool equalised through Sadio Mane, but Gareth Bale scored a stunning overhead kick then netted Real's third when Karius let a shot from long range slip through his hands.

In the aftermath of the game, Karius received death threats, prompting a police investigation, and told fans he was "infinitely sorry". :shock:

After being assessed at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, he is said to have shown "significant and steady improvement since the concussive event".

"We expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination," added Dr Zafonte.

Karius, who joined Liverpool for £4.75m from Mainz in 2016, was reportedly on holiday in the US when he was tested.
'Keep it under wraps' - analysis

Former England striker Chris Sutton on BBC Radio 5 live:

It maybe would have been better for him to keep that to himself. What happened happened.

Concussion is a very serious thing. He made two horrendous errors and I felt really sorry for him. I don't think he will ever get over this.

I don't really see the point in coming out and saying this as people will inevitably say he is making an excuse, which it may well be.

I think it should have been kept under wraps.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44363648
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
guest83
Egg
Egg
Re: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during C. LG FI

Post by guest83 »

Ramos did what needed to be done. That's how you win trophys. I want this mentality to also be instilled in SE players.

You guys here are always debating if player x or y should start, this is IRRELEVANT because there is abundance of talent already in the country. It's about organization, discipline and these kind of things.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Surely puts his performance in perspective. Just like that, that hooligan Ramos took out two players. And i believe it was 100% intentional. Chris Sutton is a moron for his comments. His comments show the kind of flippant attitude people have towards these injuries.

This also puts Balogun's head clash into a different light. Head collisions are not treated seriously enough in football. Hopefully something tragic doesn't happen one day before FIFA institutes some standard protocol
Chris Sutton echoes similar sentiments with some muppets yesterday who "wondered whether" Serena Williams 'ducked' out of the French Open to preserve her record against Sharapova...

FIFA ought to liaise with the NFL who seem to have had a head-start on head-impact injuries...
Last edited by FATHER TIKO on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I think FIFA should change the rules... Concussed players should leave the pitch after medical examination and the replacement should not count as part of the three allowed substitution for the team.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

guest83 wrote:Ramos did what needed to be done. That's how you win trophys. I want this mentality to also be instilled in SE players.

You guys here are always debating if player x or y should start, this is IRRELEVANT because there is abundance of talent already in the country. It's about organization, discipline and these kind of things.
You came win without being toxic or injuring players...

Case Study: The West Indies cricket team captained by Viv Richards won and were unbeaten for years without such nonsense. They played hard.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chris Sutton echoes similar sentiments with some muppets yesterday who "wondered whether" Serena Williams 'ducked' out of the French Open to preserve her record against Sharapova...

FIFA ought to liaise with the NFL who seem to have had a head-start on head-impact injuries...
Serena Williams vs Sharapova is 18 - 1. Nothing to preserve!!
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

fabio wrote:
guest83 wrote:Ramos did what needed to be done. That's how you win trophys. I want this mentality to also be instilled in SE players.

You came win without being toxic or injuring players...

Case Study: The West Indies cricket team captained by Viv Richards won and were unbeaten for years without such nonsense. They played hard.
The naivety of Africans... And of course the white people like it, cute, stupid and dancing monkeys for their enjoyment..
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

guest83 wrote:
The naivety of Africans... And of course the white people like it, cute, stupid and dancing monkeys for their enjoyment..
What are you talking about.... Gave you an example of West Indies Cricket team.

Search for Fire in Babylon on Youtube.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Giroud smashed Mikel in the face with an elbow in 2014 and he took it and smiled didn’t even hold his face,Matuidi snapped Onazi’s leg and no one crowded him,Nigerians don’t have it in them!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

fabio wrote:I think FIFA should change the rules... Concussed players should leave the pitch after medical examination and the replacement should not count as part of the three allowed substitution for the team.

Where was Klopp in all of this?
Did he even think of swapping him out?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Sergio Ramos na gangster!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

balo wrote:
fabio wrote:I think FIFA should change the rules... Concussed players should leave the pitch after medical examination and the replacement should not count as part of the three allowed substitution for the team.

Where was Klopp in all of this?
Did he even think of swapping him out?
He probably didn't know he was concussed...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

If he suffered a concussion, then he should have demanded that he be substituted. His blunders are unpardonable. He reminds me of our secondary school goalkeeper in a cup final against our bitter rivals. Our goalkeeper allowed a routine shot to roll past him into the net. When the mob went for him after the match, he claimed that he let the ball in because the ball had turned into a "snake". He was the one who saw the snake!!
The mob were disarmed by this "snake" excuse. They had sympathy on him.And
Loris knows his career may be over, so he comes up with this concussion. I will never trust this goalkeeper. He was in goal when Liverpool led Sevilla 3-0 at half time, and at the end of the match it was 3-3. After Liverpool let Roma by 5-0, with 10 minutes to go, Roma scored 2 goals. And then the 4-2 loss at Roma when leading 2-1.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

Giroud smashed Mikel in the face with an elbow in 2014 and he took it and smiled didn’t even hold his face,Matuidi snapped Onazi’s leg and no one crowded him,Nigerians don’t have it in them!
U mean unlike Omokaro 10/10?