It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke!

Post by OJI »

Criteria for staying in this job was to get out of the group stage. He did not. He simply has to go. No double standards.

We thank you for your organizational skills, and seemingly transparent approach to player selection, and qualifying Nigeria out of the so called group of death WC qualifiers. His approach is valid in Africa where other teams suffer dysfunctional off-the-field issues. At the world Cup level, he was out of his depth.

His reactive, psychologically debilitating approach (ranking, quality BS, etc.), and lack of experience at this level is too glaring. This world cup was an internship for Rohr. He was the one doing the learning. About players, formations, game tactics, psychological preparation, etc. The list is endless.

We have got rid of local coaches for less who operated with less support. No double standards.

It is time for some hard, necessary decisions. Nigeria's long term football interest supersedes sentimental issues.

It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke. Experienced, tactical, strategic, and played at the highest level. Open to constructive technical criticisms. Before, during and after the match.

Time is up for Rohr!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Amuneke is busy trying to collect his money from his former Sudanese Div 1 team. Abeg leave the man alone.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lmao make NFF try am now you will start seeing imaginary names back at SE
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Nonsense
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Lmao make NFF try am now you will start seeing imaginary names back at SE
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact, I will become a Super-eagles player; no matter what, I will make it.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

why not?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

As per Gernot Rohr,

"Rohr has revealed that one of the players who started the game against Argentina was not fit and had he known, he would not have started the player in the decisive World Cup group game."

This from a coach who had day-to-day interactions with his players.

Frigging excuses!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Time for Okocha :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He has played at the highest level. Former Barcelona player. He has earned his stripe with the U20 and U17 level. Why not?

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ohenhen1 wrote:He has played at the highest level. Former Barcelona player. He has earned his stripe with the U20 and U17 level. Why not?
did we win the U-20?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...if the NFA give a local coach uninterrupted chance as they gave this Rohr guy, we will go further anywhere. The problem is always suffocating local coaches, openly and without regard. Look at Keshie, after all his accomplishments.
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

How about a Siasia/Manu Garba combo?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I support.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

OJI wrote:As per Gernot Rohr,

"Rohr has revealed that one of the players who started the game against Argentina was not fit and had he known, he would not have started the player in the decisive World Cup group game."

This from a coach who had day-to-day interactions with his players.

Frigging excuses!!
Assuming the article or rumor is true, I will NEVER invite the player to the team again if I were coach Rohr. The player is not reliable and he is SELFISH.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Spicyee wrote:How about a Siasia/Manu Garba combo?
Back to the days of open camp, scouting in Bayelsa and fighting for shirts. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Do you want me to post his resume? Are you familiar with his exploits?

FYI, he is a member of the FIFA Technical Study Group for this world cup to help provide tactical insights.
https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/fifa ... -world-cup

Among those selected are Carlos Alberto Parreira, Bora Milutinović, Alessandro Nesta, Andy Roxburgh, Marco van Basten.

Cerebral footballers and /or coaches. Open to constructive criticism.

You think he was selected because he knows how to cut okra?
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

However unstable we might seem for asking Rohr to go, it is PLAIN that he doesn't share our Nigerian dogged mentality. By pedigree, our football culture is not about being timid and cowardly. It is one thing to go down fighting, it is entirely another to be eliminated due to a submissive coaching attitude. It's the manner of poor game management that pisses me off the most!

And I am not attacking the man as a foreign coach.

I am sure those old enough still celebrate our late Father Tiko for his positive approach. We still adore late Otto Gloria on how he boosted our rising fortunes, with positivity. None would forget Westerhof for his daring guts. All of them shared and understood our self-belief traits. In this game, we are not known for playing with our heads bowed. Rohr's outlook and approach repressed our can-do mentality. In my entire life, I have never heard a Nigerian national coach, native or foreign, announce to the world that his team was not ready. I cannot understand how all that would instil confidence in our young lads and inspire them. What exactly is the aim of such terrible psychological rap, after all the resources made available to him?

Having not got us out of the group stage, Gernot Rohr should do the honourable thing himself and not wait to be pushed out! Attitudes largely determine altitude. His attitude, in my view, negates all the hard work.

This is my own vent.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

paj wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He has played at the highest level. Former Barcelona player. He has earned his stripe with the U20 and U17 level. Why not?
did we win the U-20?
Deliberately sabotaged for the success of SE. Mr Pinnick see yourself. Name one success that has been recorded during your tenure.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Time for him to coach the U20 or U23 not the SE.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Time for Finidi, Amuneke to be assistant coaches with the senior team. Double duty as youth coaches. I am to forgive Oliseh if he agrees to a few things like getting rid of his social media accounts and he sees some one for anger management. He must also apologize to Nigerians. If he does that won't be against pairing Oliseh with Finidi and Amuneke.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Sampo wrote:However unstable we might seem for asking Rohr to go, it is PLAIN that he doesn't share our Nigerian dogged mentality. By pedigree, our football culture is not about being timid and cowardly. It is one thing to go down fighting, it is entirely another to be eliminated due to a submissive coaching attitude. It's the manner of poor game management that pisses me off the most!

And I am not attacking the man as a foreign coach.

I am sure those old enough still celebrate our late Father Tiko for his positive approach. We still adore late Otto Gloria on how he boosted our rising fortunes, with positivity. None would forget Westerhof for his daring guts. All of them shared and understood our self-belief traits. In this game, we are not known for playing with our heads bowed. Rohr's outlook and approach repressed our can-do mentality. In my entire life, I have never heard a Nigerian national coach, native or foreign, announce to the world that his team was not ready. I cannot understand how all that would instil confidence in our young lads and inspire them. What exactly is the aim of such terrible psychological rap, after all the resources made available to him?

Having not got us out of the group stage, Gernot Rohr should do the honourable thing himself and not wait to be pushed out! Attitudes largely determine altitude. His attitude, in my view, negates all the hard work.

This is my own vent.
I re-vent this vent!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

john12 wrote:Lmao make NFF try am now you will start seeing imaginary names back at SE
Yeah, because Amunike is Igbo right? Let someone suggest a mallam coach and you will agree immediately. Tribalism go kill una!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Would mention Oliseh but after Cmoke said our players were lodged in a hotel on Las Vegas Boulevard with a lot of noise and activity inside and outside the hotel, while our NFF officials were staying at a different hotel surround by tranquility, perhaps it's best to let sleeping dogs lie cos Oliseh would have been pissed and let someone know about it.

Won't say Rohr is all bad, but I hope he can use his managerial ability to get someone that can resolve our attacking plays. We need to go find strikers (not just players from select clubs) and make plays in the last 3rd. Our shots on goal stats have been abysmal from game to game for a while now. The strikers may not be the most experienced for now and scouting will be required. Chicharito was about to quit football for a day job before Sir Alex called him and changed his life and that of Mexican football forever. An exception but not impossible in our case. Lots of Naija players and talent out there. The attacking dept. needs help.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS