GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Post by zee »

cchinukw wrote:For as long as we continue the approach of relying on foreign coaches, our football will never develop beyond what we have at the moment and we will always fall short at the World cup.
Kpomest.....................
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Purity wrote:Where was Nigeria football before the arrival of Rohr? Them man took an average Nigerian team that could not qualify for the AFCON to th world cup and you want to fire him??
Why were we singing a different tune for Keshi who got us all the way to 2nd round?

That man was cussed out on CE.

You lot are very unfair. He did that with unpaid wages. Don't forget that!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Ohenhen
1) local coaches like oliseh, Siasia and Keshi (RIP) were inviting players unmerited. The last time oliseh was hired some unknown players like onobi, igboun were benching Mikel. Those were oliseh brother clients
2, local coaches has shown that’s they cannot handle SE big stars and they would likely cause another beef
3, the amount of changes that he made in a space of 2 years is largely significant
Keshi won the ANC and got to the second round of the WC. FACT!
Keshi (RIP) also started the process that led us to going back to hiring a foreign coach. Our local coaches are the reason we are here. They have refused to improve themselves and want to be hired solely on the basis that they are Nigerians. None of them go for technical training to improve their skills. Even when the NFF sent Keshi to go on refresher course, he refused to go. So I put 100% of the blame for our hiring of foreign coaches on our local coaches. None of youbiatching now will go home and hire a someone to do a job for you just because he or she is a Nigerian.
hush with the lies, After Keshi, it was Oliseh, then Siasia and Yusuf
Read his first line again ".... started the process ...."
He can't read. If it's not on TV he is lost.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

cchinukw wrote:
Purity wrote:Where was Nigeria football before the arrival of Rohr? Them man took an average Nigerian team that could not qualify for the AFCON to th world cup and you want to fire him??
Why were we singing a different tune for Keshi who got us all the way to 2nd round?

That man was cussed out on CE.

You lot are very unfair. He did that with unpaid wages. Don't forget that!
There is a difference because race is involved.... Unconscious bias
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

$1.128 million to pay him off. Or maybe there is a buyout clause if he doesn't meet performance standards.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

green4life wrote:
hestonap wrote:
‘Average’ Nigerian coaches had qualified ‘average’ Nigerian teams for the preceding 2 world cups. An ‘average’ Nigerian coach qualified an ‘average’ Nigerian team Ito the 2nd round. So what exactly is the point her?
The point is we were helter-skelter before the man arrived. Struggling big time in Africa that we ended up in pot 3 after failing to qualify for 2 nations cups using Oliseh and Siasia. No sane Nigerian thought that we'd qualify for the WC from a group that included Algeria, Zambia and defending ANC champs, our nemesis, Cameroon. But we did and with a game to spare. Maybe that's why you feel entitled to a second round appearance. Sometimes you play hard and come up short. Is there room for improvement? Definitely. Lots of room to improve. But should we go back to a situation where there is no compass or direction in the name of rebuilding simply because we are disappointed? That will be madness. There are no guarantees in life but consistency is what is required now and not total destruction/ rebuild.
G4L... to fail to acknowledge the destabilising role the FA played in producing a less than conducive environment compared to what they did in pulling all the stops for Rohr is to fail to view things as objectively as we ought to.
Rohr was given the most supportive and conducive environment to work with the Eagles than his predecessors to my knowledge whether local or foreign were not given. Yet he did relatively poorly at the WC level compared to folks like Keshi and Westerhof. He matched the poor outcome of the fire brigade coaches we hired in Onigbinde and The Swedish chap.
Despite my reservations about Rohr, my sense is that he should not be fired. We need a calmed and level headed approach to our next set of decisions.
If we choose to continue with him, my sense is that they should offer him a performance based contract. He should be expected to play a role in developing our the coaching set up of our national teams. This so called expertise he has that is ‘allegedly lacking’ in our local coaches - he should be offered a contract to impact his ‘superior’ knowledge to them.
Personally, I would prefer a younger coach, preferably a Nigerian given all the tools that Rohr has been provided. If the powers that be on the other hand think otherwise, then Rohr, then the expectations have got to be higher.
Finally, the Eagles are only the pyramid of our football. We really need to go back to the grassroots. Our academies, league, coaches etc have to be developed also. That’s where we need to be spending available resources.
The question of how we honestly expect to excel in football in isolation of our general rot as a country is where the real challenge is.
I honestly do not expect us to perform outstandingly anytime soon given our other larger problems as a nation.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How was rohr given the most conducive environment when NFF was owing him in arrears for 5 months?? Because he didn’t in the last moment dosent change the fact that he was owed
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:How was rohr given the most conducive environment when NFF was owing him in arrears for 5 months?? Because he didn’t in the last moment dosent change the fact that he was owed
Was Keshi not owed? Yet he got to the Second Round.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

metalalloy wrote:
Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount with the state of our economy?
Who is we? Are you paying him a dime? Have you asked who is paying his salary?

:bump: :bump:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

john12 wrote:How was rohr given the most conducive environment when NFF was owing him in arrears for 5 months?? Because he didn’t in the last moment dosent change the fact that he was owed
Based on RESULTS, Rohr is in the same class as Onigbinde. Considering the amount of SUPPORT and GOODWILL that Rohr got, his performance was disgraceful.

I will want him retained so that there will be no more excuse with regards to performance. It should also allow the NFF to start preparing for a replacement.

ANC Trophy or he gets sacked! He is NOT an improvement on the previous local coaches at least based on RESULT on the pitch.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

aruako1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Ohenhen
1) local coaches like oliseh, Siasia and Keshi (RIP) were inviting players unmerited. The last time oliseh was hired some unknown players like onobi, igboun were benching Mikel. Those were oliseh brother clients
2, local coaches has shown that’s they cannot handle SE big stars and they would likely cause another beef
3, the amount of changes that he made in a space of 2 years is largely significant
Keshi won the ANC and got to the second round of the WC. FACT!
Allow the clowns to keep underselling themselves. Anyway Nigerian soccer is a reflection of Nigeria itself , let them waste a few more years with this mediocre and when it gets late the same folks calling for continuity will become change advocates.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

zee wrote:
fabio wrote:
Keshi did the same in similar situation despite not receiving the same amount of support given to Rohr, yet Keshi got to the second round.
..............And won Afcon while NFF crooks did their best to sabotage the great MIC :thumbs: .
But them I understand Rohr, he has no 'personal' emotion involved......................but like the Big Boss :thumbs: said in an interview ......'coaching and WANTING to win with NIgeria is something PERSONAL, this is a team I captained for 14years'.
Another ex eagle should have taken over from Keshi, Rohr is a waste of Money.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

In so far as is matters, Croatia have never had a foreign coach. Most of our coaches start smaller at pay and progressively earn higher with success.

Cacic went from €16k to €30k to €60k a month. He got raises for Euro success and then doing well initially in WC qualifying. But we fired him before the last game in

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/spor ... loser-look

Current coach Dalic is one of the lowest paid coaches at this WC.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/spor ... am-coaches

Croatia coach Zlatko Dalié is placed 23rd on the list, with earnings of 550,000 euro. Less money is made only by Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr (500,000 euro), Sweden coach Janne Andersson (450,000 euro), South Korea's Shin Tae-Yong (450,000 euro), Panama's Hernan Dario Gomez (400,000 euro), Tunisia coach Nabil Maaloul (350,000 euro), Costa Rica coach Oscar Ramirez (350,000 euro), and the coaches of Serbia, Poland, and Senegal.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount ( roughly 18 Million Naira per month) with the state of our economy?

And the SE cannot make the second round, what a load of dog sh1t. Fire this cow brain Rohr now abeg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:bump:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If Nigeria get a Nigerian coach will Nigerians let him do his job?Will they wait for him to fail?Will NFF pay him on time?Will his selections be trusted or will he be accused of taking bribes to supplement his low salary?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount ( roughly 18 Million Naira per month) with the state of our economy?
At that rate only thing I can say is "a country and its money will soon part company"
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rohr has been manager for 3 years, so we have dashed the bobo 1.8 million Euros for a bronze and 1st round exit at the worldcup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

how much did we pay Keshi for AFCON gold plus 2nd RD in Brazil..oh boy peak milk don play us
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rohr has been manager for 3 years, so we have dashed the bobo 1.8 million Euros for a bronze and 1st round exit at the worldcup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

how much did we pay Keshi for AFCON gold plus 2nd RD in Brazil..oh boy peak milk don play us
That’s your people!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

F360 wrote:So are people seriously advocating we hold onto Rohr for ANOTHER World Cup cycle???

I mean, how many teams...that employ foreign coaches and achieve average results, hold onto them for a second cycle?

They are infected with the loser mentality that rohr brings. To these clowns, 3rd place finish is a great accomplishment. They see rohr as a savior of Nigerian soccer. Without Rorh Nigeria will not qualify for any tournament. Some say Nigeria won the previous AFCONs because Algeria had problems with their FA. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rohr has been manager for 3 years, so we have dashed the bobo 1.8 million Euros for a bronze and 1st round exit at the worldcup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:evil: :twisted:
txj wrote:
Reflecting on the s/final loss, the coach said as follows: “It was a big fight until the last minute, it was a wonderful match, I think my players wanted it to go to extra time thinking Algeria were more tired,” Rohr was quoted as saying by Reuters.

The above statement encapsulates the Super Eagles under Genort Rohr: never able to seize the moment and the advantage staring them squarely in the face!
Low aimed.. . negative futbol muthafukin coach.. .. who can't influence his players style of play !! :bump:
===============================
Aaaaagghhhh gaaaaddaaammmnnn ittt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

REFUTING SOME OF THE COMMON MISINFO BEING SPEWED OUT HERE

Initially, I was going to respond post by post but that would have taken too long.

NIGERIAN SOCCER WAS IN DISARRAY BEFORE ROHR
That is very true most recently coming from Brazil 2014 but that was due to NFF shenanigans and their rough treatment of local coaches. The peace enjoyed in the team today is due primarily to reforms by Pinnick and the red mat treatment reserved for foreign coaches by the federation, players, media and some fans.

ROHR HAS PERFORMED WELL
He hasn’t been woeful but there’s nothing exceptional in his record. I hate to repeat the mantra “acting under hardships imposed by the NFF” but this was the condition under which local coaches operated and the likes of Amodu and Keshi achieved the same or better.

ROHR ISN’T BEING PAID BY THE PUBLIC
True, but he’s being paid within the Nigerian economy. If less had been spent on an equally capable local coach, the excess could have been spent developing the soccer environment.

ROHR WAS A BARGAIN: PAID $50k PER MONTH BUT BROUGHT FROM FIFA $10M
By my math, the profit to the country would have been more if, say, a Nigerian coach making less had been used. And we all know that a Nigerian coach could not have performed worse.

NIGERIA MAY NOT HAVE QUALIFIED FOR RUSSIA WITHOUT ROHR
Only a prophet would know but do I need to remind anyone that since 94, Nigeria had failed only once to qualify for the WC and that local coaches have been responsible for many of them?
Sure, the team qualified rather easily, and not taking anything from Rohr, but now we know that Algeria and Cameroon were operating below their usual level. Zambia is also experiencing a down period.

NIGERIAN COACHES WAIT FOR THE NFF TO INITIATE TRAINING
That’s not always the case but now we see that the NFF is sponsoring Rohr for such training even though he was supposed to be the finished product. Sort of like paying for the training of your consultant.

TOP COACHES COMMAND TOP SALARIES
True, but they are also expected to produce top results. There hasn’t been anything about recent results that a local couldn’t/hadn’t accomplished lately. And dare I say “under NFF-made challenges”? And not being sure whether Nigeria would qualify for a WC or be in the AFCON finals is not where Nigerian football should be today. Nigeria should be aiming at being on par with the great countries of the world.

NEED FOR "CONTINUITY"
A virtue which Nigerians embrace only when there's a foreign coach.
Bell
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Inferior complex running Naija na....Look at Rohr resume sef. What a joke.