GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Post by cchinukw »

Bell wrote:REFUTING SOME OF THE COMMON MISINFO BEING SPEWED OUT HERE

Initially, I was going to respond post by post but that would have taken too long.

NIGERIAN SOCCER WAS IN DISARRAY BEFORE ROHR
That is very true most recently coming from Brazil 2014 but that was due to NFF shenanigans and their rough treatment of local coaches. The peace enjoyed in the team today is due primarily to reforms by Pinnick and the red mat treatment reserved for foreign coaches by the federation, players, media and some fans.

ROHR HAS PERFORMED WELL
He hasn’t been woeful but there’s nothing exceptional in his record. I hate to repeat the mantra “acting under hardships imposed by the NFF” but this was the condition under which local coaches operated and the likes of Amodu and Keshi achieved the same or better.

ROHR ISN’T BEING PAID BY THE PUBLIC
True, but he’s being paid within the Nigerian economy. If less had been spent on an equally capable local coach, the excess could have been spent developing the soccer environment.

ROHR WAS A BARGAIN: PAID $50k PER MONTH BUT BROUGHT FROM FIFA $10M
By my math, the profit to the country would have been more if, say, a Nigerian coach making less had been used. And we all know that a Nigerian coach could not have performed worse.

NIGERIA MAY NOT HAVE QUALIFIED FOR RUSSIA WITHOUT ROHR
Only a prophet would know but do I need to remind anyone that since 94, Nigeria had failed only once to qualify for the WC and that local coaches have been responsible for many of them?
Sure, the team qualified rather easily, and not taking anything from Rohr, but now we know that Algeria and Cameroon were operating below their usual level. Zambia is also experiencing a down period.

NIGERIAN COACHES WAIT FOR THE NFF TO INITIATE TRAINING
That’s not always the case but now we see that the NFF is sponsoring Rohr for such training even though he was supposed to be the finished product. Sort of like paying for the training of your consultant.

TOP COACHES COMMAND TOP SALARIES
True, but they are also expected to produce top results. There hasn’t been anything about recent results that a local couldn’t/hadn’t accomplished lately. And dare I say “under NFF-made challenges”? And not being sure whether Nigeria would qualify for a WC or be in the AFCON finals is not where Nigerian football should be today. Nigeria should be aiming at being on par with the great countries of the world.

NEED FOR "CONTINUITY"
A virtue which Nigerians embrace only when there's a foreign coach.
Bell
Fantastic summation for those with short memories.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

metalalloy wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount with the state of our economy?
Who is we? Are you paying him a dime? Have you asked who is paying his salary?
Aiteo Energy has signed a deal with the NFF to pay ALL national team coaches for the next 5 years. I think there was a thread on it here, but it's also on Google if you want to search.

Exactly. So "we" are not paying him.
We don't need him and his sissy football abeg.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Only a prophet would know but do I need to remind anyone that since 94, Nigeria had failed only once to qualify for the WC and that local coaches have been responsible for many of them?
Sure, the team qualified rather easily, and not taking anything from Rohr, but now we know that Algeria and Cameroon were operating below their usual level. Zambia is also experiencing a down period.
Please do not change history. Prior to the qualifiers Algeria was considered the best team in Africa by far. They were beating teams with scorelines of 6-0 and such. All I heard was Mahrez this Slimani that. We nullified them with good tactics. Also Cameroon won the AFCON in the middle of World Cup qualifying. It showed that they were a strong team.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Synopsis wrote:

Please do not change history. Prior to the qualifiers Algeria was considered the best team in Africa by far. They were beating teams with scorelines of 6-0 and such. All I heard was Mahrez this Slimani that. We nullified them with good tactics. Also Cameroon won the AFCON in the middle of World Cup qualifying. It showed that they were a strong team.

AFTER THE QUALIFIERS, CAMEROON AND ALGERIA REPLACED THEIR COACHES

They made the point and I rest my case.
Bell
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bell wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

AFTER THE QUALIFIERS, CAMEROON AND ALGERIA REPLACED THEIR COACHES

They made the point and I rest my case.
Bell
Because Nigeria embarrassed them.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Initially, I was going to respond post by post but that would have taken too long.

NIGERIAN SOCCER WAS IN DISARRAY BEFORE ROHR
That is very true most recently coming from Brazil 2014 but that was due to NFF shenanigans and their rough treatment of local coaches. The peace enjoyed in the team today is due primarily to reforms by Pinnick and the red mat treatment reserved for foreign coaches by the federation, players, media and some fans.

ROHR HAS PERFORMED WELL
He hasn’t been woeful but there’s nothing exceptional in his record. I hate to repeat the mantra “acting under hardships imposed by the NFF” but this was the condition under which local coaches operated and the likes of Amodu and Keshi achieved the same or better.

ROHR ISN’T BEING PAID BY THE PUBLIC
True, but he’s being paid within the Nigerian economy. If less had been spent on an equally capable local coach, the excess could have been spent developing the soccer environment.

ROHR WAS A BARGAIN: PAID $50k PER MONTH BUT BROUGHT FROM FIFA $10M
By my math, the profit to the country would have been more if, say, a Nigerian coach making less had been used. And we all know that a Nigerian coach could not have performed worse.

NIGERIAN COACHES WAIT FOR THE NFF TO INITIATE TRAINING
That’s not always the case but now we see that the NFF is sponsoring Rohr for such training even though he was supposed to be the finished product. Sort of like paying for the training of your consultant.

TOP COACHES COMMAND TOP SALARIES
True, but they are also expected to produce top results. There hasn’t been anything about recent results that a local couldn’t/hadn’t accomplished lately. And dare I say “under NFF-made challenges”? And not being sure whether Nigeria would qualify for a WC or be in the AFCON finals is not where Nigerian football should be today. Nigeria should be aiming at being on par with the great countries of the world.

NEED FOR "CONTINUITY"
A virtue which Nigerians embrace only when there's a foreign coach.
Bell
:clap: :clap: :clap:
In summation, Rohr has received an unprecedented supports from the NFF to succeed. I couldn't recall an era where we were playing friendlies , scouting players and even welcoming sponsorship without unwarranted dramas.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD