NFA owes Chukwu N4m salary •Coach insists work’ll continue

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Oluwole Josiah, Abuja

Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu, has said that the Nigeria Football Association is owing him five months salary, amounting to N4 million.

He told our correspondent on Tuesday in Abuja that he had submitted his World Cup programme to the board, awaiting approval.

According to him, he had suggested Port Harcourt, Kano or Abuja as venue for the hosting of the qualifier against Gabon on March 26.

Chukwu said his salary was yet to be paid, but added that he would not allow it to affect his commitment to his job.

He expressed the hope that Austin Okocha would be available for the match against Gabon. “Being the captain of the side, he should be there to inspire the team to victory,” he said.

The coach, however, said if Okocha could not make it, he would seek an alternative in other good players who could play his role.

He said he would be inviting 22 players to camp as NFA had given him instructions not to exceed the number for the match.

The coach expressed disappointment over NFA’s inability to organise friendly matches for the Super Eagles ahead of the World Cup qualifiers.

He said, “I was thinking that we would have been able to play two friendly matches before the Gabon match. But from the situation of things, it seems we might even not be able to play any match.”

The Punch, Thursday, February 10, 2005
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
...Siasia laments too

Post by Vindave »

...Siasia laments too

Oluwole Josiah, Abuja

Flying Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, has urged the Nigeria Football Association to pay his eight months salary arrears, so as to encourage him for the task ahead.

In a Punch interview in Abuja, Siasia said he was yet to collect any kobo for coaching the Flying Eagles for the past eight months.

Siasia, who led the Flying Eagles to the African Youth Championship title in the Republic of Benin, met with NFA officials on Tuesday over his contract, but his salary is yet to be paid.

“I have been working without pay and I think they should do something about it. You can imagine for eight months nothing has been given to me,” he said.

On how the situation was affecting his job, Siasia said he was only working, hoping that the soccer authorities would expedite action in encouragement before the tournament in Bamako.

The coach disclosed that he was yet to take a holiday since the AYC in Benin, saying that the Bamako tournament was keeping him behind.

“I have not been able to see my family since the championship. I have to go to Mali and after that I would have to fly to America to see them,” he added.

His team have commenced camping at Kilo Hotel in Lagos for the event, which commences on February 26.

e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Tell me how NFA and the Nigerian Fans expect this coaches to perform well when they are still being owed their salaries...

JUST TOO BAD!!!
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Chukwu hopeful on new league

Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu, has said that an improved professional league in the country would boost the chances of having more local players in the senior national team.

He told our correspondent in Abuja that the present board of the Nigeria Football League seemed to be toeing the line of professionalism, which would improve the quality of players in the league.

He praised the idea of a transparent draw for the league, saying that it is a good beginning for Nigerian football.

Chuwku, however, said that there was a need to wait and see what the League would offer, as the season was yet to kick off.

He said players in the local scene would be given a fair chance to prove themselves in the Eagles, if they have what it took to wear national colours.

e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Vindave wrote:Tell me how NFA and the Nigerian Fans expect this coaches to perform well when they are still being owed their salaries...

JUST TOO BAD!!!
Vinny the simple answer is for CCC to demand changes and if things do not change, simply walk away from the job.

Whilst CCC may have no control over the adverse circumstances in which he has to work, he still has the freedom of choice to decide what to do about it.

The NFA are absolutely inept, we have a WC on the horizon and whilst the whole world is preparing, Nigeria is busy sitting idle. How a coach can be willing to be part of such a shambolic situation boggles my mind, talkless of rendering his services for free. This is not patriotism but sheer stupidity.

Cheers
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Mr Shows wrote:
Vindave wrote:Tell me how NFA and the Nigerian Fans expect this coaches to perform well when they are still being owed their salaries...

JUST TOO BAD!!!
Vinny the simple answer is for CCC to demand changes and if things do not change, simply walk away from the job.

Whilst CCC may have no control over the adverse circumstances in which he has to work, he still has the freedom of choice to decide what to do about it.

The NFA are absolutely inept, we have a WC on the horizon and whilst the whole world is preparing, Nigeria is busy sitting idle. How a coach can be willing to be part of such a shambolic situation boggles my mind, talkless of rendering his services for free. This is not patriotism but sheer stupidity.

Cheers
KPOM!
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Mr Shows wrote:

JUST TOO BAD!!!

Cheers

:lol: walk away and leave his beloved SE at the mercy of PE teacher oni and his cohorts :lol: No way sir, the legendary CCC has invested a lot in Nigeria soccer(both as legendary player and coach) to allow a repeat of WC2002 :mrgreen:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Why won't work continue? If I didn't have a clue about the job i'm employed to do, i'd keep the job even though I don't get paid just to keep the title of the job. :wink:
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

What's with all this long-overdued salaries when the NFA has a big-headed chairman supported by whole hoardes of lackies and cronies "working" under him? It's just poor management and decree 101 should come into action.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Mister Dolly wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

JUST TOO BAD!!!

Cheers
KPOM!

How is ccc's walking away going to help the situation, given that many a coach have taken same action in the past, and things still remain the same?
Methinks you hate that man so much that you jump at every opportunity to blast him.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This is why they'll never employed an FC. They are not using CCC because he's the best man for the job, but he's someone they can take for a ride.An FC will not have put up with this rubbish.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

chendosplastic wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

JUST TOO BAD!!!

Cheers
KPOM!

How is ccc's walking away going to help the situation, given that many a coach have taken same action in the past, and things still remain the same?
Methinks you hate that man so much that you jump at every opportunity to blast him.
Now clap for yourself and go to the top of the class for demonstrating such top class deductive reasoning... :P

And while you're at it, look up the Webster meaning of the word "HATE"... :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chukwu looks fit. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that he has not been paid for 5 months. I would rather see a healthy broke Chukwu, than an unhealthy rich Chukwu. Kudos to the NFA for looking after Chukwu's health by ducking him his pay.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

1naija wrote:Image

Chukwu looks fit. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that he has not been paid for 5 months. I would rather see a healthy broke Chukwu, than an unhealthy rich Chukwu. Kudos to the NFA for looking after Chukwu's health by ducking him his pay.
compare that to Ayo picture in R&R
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

You are looking for trouble....expect some verbal bulala's from the CCC houseboys clan... :P
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kai!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Bwahahahahahaha. 1naija, you're something else :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

legend wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

JUST TOO BAD!!!

Cheers

:lol: walk away and leave his beloved SE at the mercy of PE teacher oni and his cohorts :lol: No way sir, the legendary CCC has invested a lot in Nigeria soccer(both as legendary player and coach) to allow a repeat of WC2002 :mrgreen:
KPOM. Ma broda don't mind all dem bad bellus....all tryna outstupid the CE resident angel* aka MI5
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Cyber Saint or Cyber Evil formerly known as Serial Killer..Wow it's amazing when you remember things that somehow you cannot seem forget...

It's funny how you try to be a fake saint overnight and i wondered who changed you?

This is coming from the same lunatic ethnic, racist, tribalist bigot, hate monger who when Amodu and Baba Oni were coaches of the SE you bashed and berated them to the point of no return because the only crime they ever committed in your eyes was they didn't come from where you came from in Nigeria. I remember your selective bashing on the same Amodu you now claim to support now after things started going sour in Mali 2002 ANC... What a pity coming from an evil demon who calls himself a saint in the day and demon at night...wow

After Amodu was removed and Baba Oni was apppointed you took your bashing to a whole new level which you still do till today when Baba Oni's name comes up..Wow only from a demon who calls himself saint...Someone must be deceiving you...

You claim to support and like LC's/IC's no matter who is there but when this two coaches were in charge you quickly seperated yourself from it and even went as far as to claim you are not a Nigerian anymore until this guys are removed just because they don't come from where you come from wow... Is that what saints are taught, to be bias to their fellow countrymen because they come from your hometown?

Now that your CARETAKER MASTER CCC is caretaking the team i see all of a sudden you are proud to come from Naija again oh my what a turnaround from a demon to a fake saint who pretends he is a saint..wow...

Nice one and i am enjoying this. It doesn't matter what you call me because this is not the first time i'll be called names on CE.. I guess it comes with being a vocal member who views will always differ on issues... It doesn't bother me one bit... But as for you no matter how try to disguise youself on CE as a fake saint, you will always remain an ethnic, tribalist, racist and bigot in the eyes of many in here who knows what you are about... I hope one day you can wake up and see beyond your racist, bigotry hide and seek on CE...

Hopeless moron if you like and support CARETAKER CCC so much why don't you and other band of CCC houseboys get together and do a fund raiser for him since he hasn't been paid yet? Hypocrite bigot like you, it's one thing to come and support someone on the internet but when it's time to do something they all go silent...

Get your boys together and do a fund raiser for the one and only CARETAKER... He will appreciate it...

At least i am honest when i say i don't like LC's or IC's because they are not good enough and i don't care where they come from any part of Nigeria, but you i see your trademark ways of selective criticisms when it comes to who is in charge... Ride on evil saint... The sky is watching you...
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

BIGOT

Cyber Saint wrote:
legend wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

JUST TOO BAD!!!

Cheers

KPOM. Ma broda don't mind all dem bad bellus....all tryna outstupid the CE resident angel* aka MI5
Soldier of Fortune...
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Mister Dolly

It is not bulala you should expect; it is akpu. Have you got some left in your pantry ............. don't leave it sitting there and rotting away.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ol'boy you wicked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

:D :D :D :D
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942