CHARLES to MARRY Camilla!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
CHARLES to MARRY Camilla!!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:shock: :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4252795.stm
Prince Charles to marry Camilla

The prince and Mrs Parker Bowles first met at a polo match in 1970
Prince Charles will marry his long-term partner Camilla Parker Bowles on 8 April, Clarence House says.
The ceremony will be held at Windsor Castle and Mrs Parker Bowles will take the title HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.

When the Prince of Wales, 56, becomes King, Camilla, 57, will not be known as Queen Camilla but as the Princess Consort, Clarence House added.

Charles said he and his wife-to-be were "absolutely delighted" at the engagement.

The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry

The move will end years of speculation on a relationship which has spanned the decades since they first met in 1971.

The wedding will be a civil ceremony, which will be followed by a service of prayer and dedication in St George's Chapel at which the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, will preside.

"The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry," said the Queen, in a statement issued on her behalf by Buckingham Palace.

Charles was married to Diana, Princess of Wales, who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

The princess famously referred to Mrs Parker Bowles as one of the contributing factors in the breakdown of her marriage to Charles.

The couple, who had two sons - princes William and Harry - had divorced when Diana died.

A spokeswoman for Princess Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, said he would not be making any comment on the wedding announcement.

Conservative leader Michael Howard said he was "delighted" at the news, but Downing Street has refused to comment until a full statement is released by Clarence House.

The marriage is likely to be a sensitive issue because Mrs Parker Bowles is divorced and her former husband is still alive.

If he became king, Charles would be the supreme governor of the Church of England and some Anglicans remain opposed to the remarriage of divorcees.

The Archbishop of Canterbury said: "I am pleased that Prince Charles and Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles have decided to take this important step."

He added that he hoped the marriage would be "a source of comfort and strength" to the couple and those close to them.

BBC Royal Correspondent Nicholas Witchell said: "This is a step not without considerable risk by the Royal Family.

"They will be watching very carefully to see how public opinion unfolds."

Last year, a poll indicated that more Britons support Prince Charles marrying Camilla Parker Bowles than oppose it.

Of those who responded to a Populus poll, 32% said they would support Charles if he remarried, while 29% were opposed.

However, most people - 38% - said they did not care, while 2% had no opinion.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Congrats to Charles
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Who really cares? :evil: :evil: :evil:
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

That old, wrinkled-up reject?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mudi E wrote:That old, wrinkled-up reject?
Isn't it funny how luv works? He had that sweet 'thing' but never cared much for her. His heart is old. And he goes for the old. I wish them both sweetness.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
the rock
Egg
Egg

Post by the rock »

this just proves to me officially that the queen is not gonna let this boy smell the thorne forever. the next king of england is his son william.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The Church of England is changing rules to benefit the house of Windsor :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I here that she can't be Queen.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Yup, she can't. Her official title would be "Princess Consort". But then after all these years I doubt that being Queen was the object anyway. They are probably happy enough to be able to get married.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Who cares?!!!! :roll:

Moderators, delete this piece of Garbage, save server space please!

Thank u and good night
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Who cares?!!!! :roll:

Thank u and good night
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Is your internet connection just damn slow or something? You double post after 7 minutes. :shock:
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Gooner1 wrote:Who cares?!!!! :roll:

Thank u and good night
Why don't you start by avoiding double posts that are 7 minutes apart?

I agree that we really shouldn't care though.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I only posted once. Na Rogba's concern no be mine!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Kai this is wickedness!!! No respite for the dearly departed. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm biased but im my opinion this is an evil union and i really detest that home breaker Camilla :x :x . And Charles, so this is the man who's gonna be King of England eh? Shame!!! :evil: My God why do u let the wicked prosper?? :cry: :cry:

Princess Diana, rest in peace!!!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

SylverEagles wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: Kai this is wickedness!!! No respite for the dearly departed. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm biased but im my opinion this is an evil union and i really detest that home breaker Camilla :x :x . And Charles, so this is the man who's gonna be King of England eh? Shame!!! :evil: My God why do u let the wicked prosper?? :cry: :cry:

Princess Diana, rest in peace!!!
From all indication, Diana was just a pawn, she was used, a 19 year old virgin procured to sired kids for the royal family, then discarded, Prince Charles was "doing" Camilla before he got "contracted" to Diana
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
the rock
Egg
Egg

Post by the rock »

it still dont mean he will smell the thorne in his lifetime.That I am sure of it
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

the rock wrote:it still dont mean he will smell the thorne in his lifetime.That I am sure of it
Unless the old bag gets bumped off, she might live a long life and my gut tells me she might bypass Charlie Boy and hand over the throne str8 to Willie.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Diana was also banging guys on the side. I hear she banged most of her servers and riding instructors. There's even a rumor that Harry is not the son of Charles. Old boy, let them marry. that is love.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

There's even a rumor that Harry is not the son of Charles. Old boy, let them marry. that is love.[/quote]

kaiiii :? :?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

I can't understand that British monarchy sef. All this noise about two dumpy, crusty looking, tea drinking people. I guess they belong together.
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

muzines wrote:Diana was also banging guys on the side. I hear she banged most of her servers and riding instructors. There's even a rumor that Harry is not the son of Charles. Old boy, let them marry. that is love.
that rumour is very strong .. i still wonder why people think Diana was a saint!! .. Charles can marry Camilla but he should abduct the throne just as his 'uncle' did .. no remarried divorcee should claim to be head of the church
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Charles can marry Camilla but he should abduct the throne just as his 'uncle' did .. no remarried divorcee should claim to be head of the church
"Abduct the throne"..........ye mogbe ohhhh :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.