Jay Jay shocked by NFA's blunder- APOY Saga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Jay Jay shocked by NFA's blunder- APOY Saga

Post by MI5 »

Soldier of Fortune...
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jay Jay shocked by NFA's blunder- APOY Saga

Post by camex »

i dont understand this. why spread an in formation which has alread been proven incorrect. Someone has already brought a link showing the federarions cant vote for their home players, yet this is still on this site.
I guess bad press sells and kickoff sells more papers and gets more hits when sending incorrect informations like tabloids.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

camex wrote:
i dont understand this. why spread an in formation which has alread been proven incorrect. Someone has already brought a link showing the federarions cant vote for their home players, yet this is still on this site.
I guess bad press sells and kickoff sells more papers and gets more hits when sending incorrect informations like tabloids.

Camex:

Actually, the claim that federations cannot vote for their own players is based on an assumption that CAF's voting rules are similar to FIFA's. However, Kickoff has cited CAF spokesman Habuba Suleiman who said that the CAF rules allow federations to INDEED vote for their own players.
In any case, NIgeria should investigate this issue particularly if it cost JJ the award. This is important as its impact is likely to go beyond the award. However, I feel that the hue and cry that anglophone countries vote for anglos and francophones for their own is a bit overblown. If that was the case then no anglophone player would ever have won the AFOY since francophone guys dominate CAF exec where the vote had been cast and yet guys like Ikpeba and Amunike went on to win. My take is that JJ remains the front runner but if he loses he will have his late year showing and Eto'o's late year rise to blame except ofcourse if the non-NIgerian votes had made the difference.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Enugu II wrote:
camex wrote:
thanks for the correction.

Camex:

Actually, the claim that federations cannot vote for their own players is based on an assumption that CAF's voting rules are similar to FIFA's. However, Kickoff has cited CAF spokesman Habuba Suleiman who said that the CAF rules allow federations to INDEED vote for their own players.
In any case, NIgeria should investigate this issue particularly if it cost JJ the award. This is important as its impact is likely to go beyond the award. However, I feel that the hue and cry that anglophone countries vote for anglos and francophones for their own is a bit overblown. If that was the case then no anglophone player would ever have won the AFOY since francophone guys dominate CAF exec where the vote had been cast and yet guys like Ikpeba and Amunike went on to win. My take is that JJ remains the front runner but if he loses he will have his late year showing and Eto'o's late year rise to blame except ofcourse if the non-NIgerian votes had made the difference.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

you can never the NFA or any evil African organisation they just are too incompetent to even be employed!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Jay Jay shocked by NFA blunder
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story4832.html

Super Eagles captain Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha has expressed great shock over the failure of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) to ensure that national team coach Christian Chukwu cast his vote in the CAF African Footballer of the Year Award for 2004.

Reacting to the administrative bungle that may now cost the Eagles skipper the coveted continental crown, the Bolton Wanderers of England player through close confidant Friday Nwankwo Kujah aka Soccer Ambassador told KICK OFF “Jay Jay is shocked and bitter over this whole shame; it is unbelievable that some officials in this country failed to meet a very simple requirement of voting for their candidate. This has again exposed the administrative ineptitude, which the players have long complained about.

“He also told me that the whole episode boils down to sabotage on the part of the country’s football administrators.”

He added: “He said he believes that some people in the NFA who do not like his face may be behind this plot so as hurt him. But they have failed to realise that they are doing a great disservice to the country as a whole.”

The Nigeria international did not spare the FA management for this grave error.

Kujah continued: “If their jobs were threatened, they would have known how to run to FIFA for help or if CAF had sent them money, they would have known how to receive it. They are doing this because there is no money involved for them to line up their pockets.”

However, Soccer Ambassador told KICK OFF that the Bolton Wanderers midfielder has assured him that whatever the outcome of Tuesday’s vote in Durban, this catastrophic administrative negligence will not affect his commitment to play for Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Damn why can't we just get over this? Let's wait till the results come out and if JJ loses by more than 9 points then we can say it didn't make a difference. Assuming E'too won it over him with Chukwu giving his vote to to the latter...:

E'too: 49
Okocha: 40

But if Chukwu gave it to Oga:
E'too: 44
Okocha: 45

But the thing is that we don't even know who CCC voted for! The fact that coaches can vote for their own players is already cheapening this competition! It would be quite dumb if all the coaches vote their own country players! They should be prohibited from voting for their own country players.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

1naija wrote:Jay Jay shocked by NFA blunder
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story4832.html

Super Eagles captain Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha has expressed great shock over the failure of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) to ensure that national team coach Christian Chukwu cast his vote in the CAF African Footballer of the Year Award for 2004.

Reacting to the administrative bungle that may now cost the Eagles skipper the coveted continental crown, the Bolton Wanderers of England player through close confidant Friday Nwankwo Kujah aka Soccer Ambassador told KICK OFF “Jay Jay is shocked and bitter over this whole shame; it is unbelievable that some officials in this country failed to meet a very simple requirement of voting for their candidate. This has again exposed the administrative ineptitude, which the players have long complained about.

“He also told me that the whole episode boils down to sabotage on the part of the country’s football administrators.”

He added: “He said he believes that some people in the NFA who do not like his face may be behind this plot so as hurt him. But they have failed to realise that they are doing a great disservice to the country as a whole.”

The Nigeria international did not spare the FA management for this grave error.

Kujah continued: “If their jobs were threatened, they would have known how to run to FIFA for help or if CAF had sent them money, they would have known how to receive it. They are doing this because there is no money involved for them to line up their pockets.”

However, Soccer Ambassador told KICK OFF that the Bolton Wanderers midfielder has assured him that whatever the outcome of Tuesday’s vote in Durban, this catastrophic administrative negligence will not affect his commitment to play for Nigeria.
I wonder why we can't fix this problem. Emeka Ezeugo has an assignment for AFN and I asked him why he's not doing the same for the NFA and he gave me the same response as above. He even comfirmed to me that rebok offered Nigeria a much better deal than addidas, but the deal was refused for the same reason as above :evil:
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

and we still want this stupid idiots to continue in office eating all our money from GLASS HOUSE??? O! KNOW! JUST PAINFUL.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

lowzeewee wrote:Damn why can't we just get over this? Let's wait till the results come out and if JJ loses by more than 9 points then we can say it didn't make a difference. Assuming E'too won it over him with Chukwu giving his vote to to the latter...:

E'too: 49
Okocha: 40

But if Chukwu gave it to Oga:
E'too: 44
Okocha: 45

But the thing is that we don't even know who CCC voted for! The fact that coaches can vote for their own players is already cheapening this competition! It would be quite dumb if all the coaches vote their own country players! They should be prohibited from voting for their own country players.
God bless you, ma broda. That's the same question I've been asking everybody. But don't expect anybody to be rational b'cos CCC is involved
After all, last year (or there about) one Nigerian rep, Paul Bassey, confessed that he didn't vote for Jay Jay. Now, did you hear any hoopoolla on this forum over it? It's only different this time around b'cos CCC is involved.

O pari
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

abi oh .. if i was CCC .. i wouldnt vote Okocha ... he hasnt deserved it .. it hurts but that is the plain fact .. :(
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PLEASE, LEAVE THE NFA AS IS

All Nigeria needs is an FC & all problems would blow away.
Bell
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bell wrote:PLEASE, LEAVE THE NFA AS IS

Bell
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bell wrote:PLEASE, LEAVE THE NFA AS IS

Bell

....a kiss a$$ FC...not enough money to line pocket my broda...
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

GT weighs in on the APOTY thing. GT says - Nah APOTY we go chop? If Jay Jay leads Nigeria to the WC, he can certainly get the APOTY, no shaking.