Nigeria 1vs 2 Algeria: FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wazobia
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 1vs 2 Algeria: FT

Post by wazobia »

You could feel the team being overrun. The Algerians were going for it, had the wind under their sails, hit the bar but our coach did nothing. He could have made another sub to wind down the clock.
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 1 vs 1 Algeria: Second half

Post by oscar52 »

danfo driver wrote:when your coach looks like this, you know you are fooked! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The players are poor too, some very very poor. It was like men vs boys.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Akpeyi just lost us a game absolutely poor positioning on the free kick! I have read the comments to my post most of them are constructive and recognize that is our Achilles heel. If I were the goalkeeping coach I am looking for a fresh bunch of goalkeepers that I can work with not this group who are fundamentally unsound and don’t understand the basics of goalkeeping. Having said what I have to say Algeria was the better team today and deserved to win.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

icee wrote:Our set up to defend that freekick was awful. Mahrez didn't have to work for it. He didn't have to get it over and drop it. There was space..Akpeyi's position was also poor. High probably chance
I thought the same. But overall the better team won.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Gooner1 wrote:nigeria has a loooooooooong way to go
cannot play the ball out from the back
cannot defend....
no strikers....
no creative midfielders......
no goalkeeper
the majority of players cannot even demonstrate basic technical abilities...
no coach....
Exactly this.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria vs Algeria:(3 pm ET) Match thread

Post by Cellular »

That wall is like Trump’s Mexican wall, non existent.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:
cannot defend....
no strikers....
no goalkeeper
no coach....
The truth is we have the makings of a good team but they are not willing to do the little things to get better.

Totally undisciplined team that makes the most basic errors. Just before that foul for the goal, Iwobi lost possession just outside our 18 yard box and the Algerian player almost scored, yet they keep needlessly backpassing, dribbling in their own half. The mentality of always back passing invites undue pressure.

Sometimes the best way to defend is to attack, or pressure the ball when the other team has it. Alejandro had more possession, more attempts and more fouls meaning they were still the more aggressive despite being ahead most of the game and never trailing.

Algeria played their semi final match a day after Nigeria, and played extra time yet they looked the fresher of the team.
nuff said :clap: :clap: :clap:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

green4life wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:I knew it. Goalie just focus on your side.
You want to blame the goalie for that?
The goalie should always protect the weak side
No mind am. I’ve given up on mace04 understanding the game.
He did what all modern goalies do - gamble that Mahrez would get the ball over the wall into the far corner. He took a step to the left before returning to his corner when he saw the ball was going there. It happens in club football every week..
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The YeyeMan wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:So, while Algeria was busy overrunning our midfield, some of you were busy glorifying Etebo. What else is new? Certainly, let’s bring back Rohr so the media and fans can continue to dictate who gets to play for the SuperEagles. Well done :!:

Cheers.
So a midfield is being overrun and you are blaming one man - Etebo? :lol: :lol:
No, I’m simply pointing how clueless people like you can be. So, what are you waiting for? Why haven’t you produced your clueless ratings that will rate Etebo a 9 :?: :!:

Cheers.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

theYemster wrote:
cannot defend....
no strikers....
no goalkeeper
no coach....
The truth is we have the makings of a good team but they are not willing to do the little things to get better.

Totally undisciplined team that makes the most basic errors. Just before that foul for the goal, Iwobi lost possession just outside our 18 yard box and the Algerian player almost scored, yet they keep needlessly backpassing, dribbling in their own half. The mentality of always back passing invites undue pressure.

Sometimes the best way to defend is to attack, or pressure the ball when the other team has it. Alejandro had more possession, more attempts and more fouls meaning they were still the more aggressive despite being ahead most of the game and never trailing.

Algeria played their semi final match a day after Nigeria, and played extra time yet they looked the fresher of the team.
I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Iwobi probably played really well (I didnt see entire game), but the way we were careless and casual during the last few minutes was telling.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

oloye wrote:The better side won. If the rubbish I watched us play in this afcon is what it takes to coach the SE, then I am going to apply for the job. Nonsense.
+1.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rohr is not the issue, he can only coach what he has at his disposal, can understand the frustration in here, we are all looking for scapegoats and Rohr is the convinient one, the talent is not there, at least not on that pitch, one striker, Man city, another striker, Chinese league, the difference is always clear!

Nigeria needs some soul searching, not new coaches, you cant coach the basics of football at this level, Algeria played that simple effective European football and we all know where that often ends up

Over 90 minutes, they outplayed us, outclassed us in every department

We need to go back to basics and like i said, we need massive investments in the sporting sector, as usual Nigeria will do what Nigeria always does, sack and hire! Meanwhile the rot is still evident and present in society!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Vincent. wrote:
Odas wrote:Does it mean a better keeper would not have saved the kick? The goal was scored at the end of the post where our keeper is
No. He gambled like all keepers do - he took a step to the left to give himself a chance if Mahrez managed to go over the wall. Mahrez also gambled by going to the keeper's corner. Had the keeper stood his ground , we would all be saying it was a bad free kick - straight into the keeper's hand...
No sir. Akpeyi’s main error was positioning himself a step forward in the first place.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Better team won. Our coach is a poor game manager. Why do we keep conceding crucial goals in the last few minutes of matches? Same way we conceded to Argentina in the World Cup
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:That wall is like Trump’s Mexican wall, non existent.

This :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :agree:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

404 wrote:Akpeyi just lost us a game absolutely poor positioning on the free kick! I have read the comments to my post most of them are constructive and recognize that is our Achilles heel. If I were the goalkeeping coach I am looking for a fresh bunch of goalkeepers that I can work with not this group who are fundamentally unsound and don’t understand the basics of goalkeeping. Having said what I have to say Algeria was the better team today and deserved to win.
Nothing Akpeyi can do, the angle, the accuracy and the pace of the kick says it all. Yes his positioning may be faulty but if he stayed too far to that aside, all Mahrez had to do to counter that would be to simply lift the ball over the wall. He can do it and has done it before. Next time do not commit a stupid free kick at the edge of the box when your opposition has a player called Mahrez
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:@Oga Zee, which Chukwueze, the one who did what throughout his time on the field? Spectator for the most of it. Not sure exactly sure what he did to devastating effect whilst gracing the wing with his mirage. Love a newcomer just as much as any other, but, truth be told. He did nothing.
With Chukwueze on the pitch, how many goals and how many times did Algeria hit our bar.
Rohr is a very cowardly coach but with Chukwueze atleast the opponents will not throw all their players forward as Algeria did immediately he was changed.
Cameroun was doing the same thing to us before Chukwueze came in....................this is the 1st basic law of football 'defense starts with your offensive threats'.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:That wall is like Trump’s Mexican wall, non existent.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bia (come) Oga abeg-oo! make you no kill me hia with lafta-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Ighalo just too lethargic, no movement, wrestles every match, if his style is just to play in the box, then give midfield to supply the passes
Goldenera94
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

marko wrote:Rohr is not the issue, he can only coach what he has at his disposal, can understand the frustration in here, we are all looking for scapegoats and Rohr is the convinient one, the talent is not there, at least not on that pitch, one striker, Man city, another striker, Chinese league, the difference is always clear!

Nigeria needs some soul searching, not new coaches, you cant coach the basics of football at this level, Algeria played that simple effective European football and we all know where that often ends up

Over 90 minutes, they outplayed us, outclassed us in every department

We need to go back to basics and like i said, we need massive investments in the sporting sector, as usual Nigeria will do what Nigeria always does, sack and hire! Meanwhile the rot is still evident and present in society!
Wowo.............
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

felarey wrote:
green4life wrote:Lmao @ Akpeyi positioning on that pk. Practically invited the goal.
I was screaming for him to take a step forward. He could have been beaten either side with a ball fast enough.
1Naija will say at least he made a save.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:when your coach looks like this, you know you are fooked! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The players are poor too, some very very poor. It was like men vs boys.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the players are not poor. Atleast majority of them are very good.

A popular football saying:

A great coach can make an average team great and an average coach can make a great team average. Trust me, we have a great team! The coach is horrid!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The GREEN jersey comes through.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...