Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire Opar

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire Opar

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/super-falc ... 06375.html
Desire Oparanozie believes the Nigeria women's team deserve to receive the same pay as the country's male side.

Oparanozie, who captained the Super Falcons to a Round of 16 finish at the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup, made the comment at the 2019 Ladies In Sports Conference in Lagos.

In 2018, Thomas Dennerby's side piped South Africa to win their ninth African Women's Cup of Nations crown in Ghana, making them the African team with the most titles.

In spite of the team's successes, they only received US$3,000 as winning bonus and $1,500 for a draw at international outings, compared to the men's team getting $10,000 and $5,000 for the same achievements.

"We are the most successful female team in Africa, yet we have the largest disparities between men's and women's pay," noted Oparanozie.

"I think we deserve equal pay. This big gap tells a different story and a proper rethink of this mode of payment could also help the women's game.

"We have done the nation proud and I think the results over the years are there for all to see.

"With positive results and more success, I believe we will get there, it's one step at a time."

Oparanozie will hope for a positive response from the Nigeria Football Federation when the Super Falcons gather for next month's African Women's 2020 Olympic qualifier against Algeria.
:D

oya make una come out now, and give the falcons their money...them too say dem they sacrifice for the nation
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire

Post by jette1 »

I like the falcons but until their performance improves they dont deserve anything more than they currently make
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The female USA team certainly have a shout for equal pay. They are a class or two above their peers.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

DIMKA76 wrote:The female USA team certainly have a shout for equal pay. They are a class or two above their peers.
like the mens team? :)
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
I don't get why they get paid less in the first place. Its scandalous.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.
You can't argue in favor of one and defend the other.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
So on what basis are we deciding on their lower pay?
This is 2019.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
This is 2019.
Wrong analogy Damunk.

If a white guy and a black guy work in different companies and one is more profitable than the other, the one in the more profitable company will get more money, right?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Damunk - Football pay is determined by results and revenue that is brought in. #Meritocracy

The men's team generate more viewers, interest and therefore generate more revenue than the women - thus the men get paid more.

If the women's team bring in more revenue then they'd get more money.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Damunk wrote:You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.

This is 2019.
With all your contributions,Am surprised you could say this? :curse: how can u demand equal pay because u have a Vigina ?

U earn based on your profitability, is like saying medical doctors in Nigeria want to earn the same as doctors in the USA, does that make sense?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

This is 2019.
But the women are not being paid less because of their genitalia, it boils down to generation of funds. I’m sure you make more money and less money than some in your career path irrespective of gender. The falcons probably make more than the black queens just as US women team make more than the falcons. And no the falcons are not financially more successful than the supereagles. This political correctness is being overly embellished
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This is 2019.
This is not a debate I would willingly get into but. From a business perspective. Now we have to separate wages from the FA from the TV game. If we're looking at it from a spectator interest and supply and demand. In terms of wages from their respective FA's There is no excuse not to pay them equal wages from their male counterpart.

When it comes to the professional game, we both know this is driven by tv interests and advertising where advertising is focused on captive audience, to put it bluntly.

So the answer is with regards to pay the answer is yes. With regards to audience, people have to look at themselves and realise, how biased tv coverage has been and how suppressed the women's game has been.

In singling out the USA, I wasn't using them as a reason to be exceptional so as to warrant that level of pay but to as a perfect advert for the women's game which will benefit from improved investments and media coverage.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is 2019.
why don't you get sponsors or invest your money in the women game? Do you know how long it took for the men's game to start generating it's revenue in football today ? google FIFA and the world cups.( when you are done with over 100 years of history, wake me up.. the women game is less than 35 years old...Now you are bringing up race...talk about going off point again..nah real wah for you . They need to grow their sports ...Firms are all about revenue and profits...
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

osita wrote:

This is 2019.
With all your contributions,Am surprised you could say this? :curse: how can u demand equal pay because u have a Vigina ?

U earn based on your profitability, is like saying medical doctors in Nigeria want to earn the same as doctors in the USA, does that make sense?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i am telling you people damunk is not intelligent at all this aint no joke.... bobo has hidden under the radar ,,, so he writes long pointless post to sound intelligent...but i assure take a closer look to his posts, they are no different from Odas
SuperEagles

The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Just like the MALE gender has been so emasculated in western culture, almost to the point of extinction, this attempt at equating men and women is bound to end badly. Who in their right mind will equate men and women soccer?? Its crazy. That USWNT won the WC does not mean they can beat ANY of the Male team @ the Men's WC.....Can USWNT beat ogolo's Kenya ( I doubt it, lol) US U/20 male team? Accra Hearts of oak (lol)......Its ridiculous. There's NO NEED to EVER talk of PAY PARITY.......
The Female Heavyweight boxing champion shd try take on Male Featherweight #3 contender first........SMH
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The argument is not as simple as most people are making here. First of all, whether it his about equal pay or equity in pay, there is a point to be made for the Falcons. Here are some points to think about:

1. This is not about what players get at their clubs. This is strictly about NATIONAL SERVICE and fair compensation for that service.

2. Wow, if this is indeed based one revenue as most of you have argued then that is NEWS not just to me but should be for all of us. The last time I checked the NFF was receiving money to run its programs from government subventions and NOT revenue generated by the Super Eagles! Now tell me again why Super Eagles should get more cut out of this GOVERNMENT SUBVENTION than their women colleagues who have done more by actually winning trophies?

3. How much television money or gate fees do the Eagles bring in deserving of the huge gap in pay between the Eagles and Falcons?

4. Many of you here have lambasted about mediocrity associated with bronze winning etc. :rotf: :rotf: Now, you have Falcons who have consistently dominated Africa as opposed to Super Eagles who have not. Is there no compensation for that difference? Remember it is about performance versus the so-called mediocrity.

5. While you may argue that Super Eagles' part-share should be based on a proportion of funds generated from FIFA and CAF, are the Falcons getting the same proportion from such funds?

6. While pay has been put up here by Oparanozie, it has been clear for years that the women team has been poorly treated for years in many areas when compared to the Super Eagles. Think about accommodation, think about transportation, etc.

The bottomline is that I will not dismiss Damunk's views by a simple waive of hand. There is certainly inequity, if not unequal treatment, that has been going around.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No problem, once you make the same amount of revenue,you can get equal pay.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:The argument is not as simple as most people are making here. First of all, whether it his about equal pay or equity in pay, there is a point to be made for the Falcons. Here are some points to think about:

1. This is not about what players get at their clubs. This is strictly about NATIONAL SERVICE and fair compensation for that service.

2. Wow, if this is indeed based one revenue as most of you have argued then that is NEWS not just to me but should be for all of us. The last time I checked the NFF was receiving money to run its programs from government subventions and NOT revenue generated by the Super Eagles! Now tell me again why Super Eagles should get more cut out of this GOVERNMENT SUBVENTION than their women colleagues who have done more by actually winning trophies?

3. How much television money or gate fees do the Eagles bring in deserving of the huge gap in pay between the Eagles and Falcons?

4. Many of you here have lambasted about mediocrity associated with bronze winning etc. :rotf: :rotf: Now, you have Falcons who have consistently dominated Africa as opposed to Super Eagles who have not. Is there no compensation for that difference? Remember it is about performance versus the so-called mediocrity.

5. While you may argue that Super Eagles' part-share should be based on a proportion of funds generated from FIFA and CAF, are the Falcons getting the same proportion from such funds?

6. While pay has been put up here by Oparanozie, it has been clear for years that the women team has been poorly treated for years in many areas when compared to the Super Eagles. Think about accommodation, think about transportation, etc.

The bottomline is that I will not dismiss Damunk's views by a simple waive of hand. There is certainly inequity, if not unequal treatment, that has been going around.
Thank you 'jare.
NATIONAL SERVICE.
Club football is a completely different kettle of fish, driven by commercial interests.
Thats not what we're talking about here...

Why not pay NYSC corpers differetly according to gender?
Anyway let's see how they will try and perambulate around your points... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk is comparing NYSC to entertainment...oh my :rotf:
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:No problem, once you make the same amount of revenue,you can get equal pay.
Which revenue comes from Super Eagles? Also, is the revenue also the large amount of government subversion to Nigerian football? Bros, this isn't professional club football? This is strictly about national service pay.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Damunk is comparing NYSC to entertainment...oh my :rotf:
Respond to EII's points instead of laughing yourself into a stupor.
Let's see how "intelligent" you are.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

The real deal wrote:Just like the MALE gender has been so emasculated in western culture, almost to the point of extinction, this attempt at equating men and women is bound to end badly. Who in their right mind will equate men and women soccer?? Its crazy. That USWNT won the WC does not mean they can beat ANY of the Male team @ the Men's WC.....Can USWNT beat ogolo's Kenya ( I doubt it, lol) US U/20 male team? Accra Hearts of oak (lol)......Its ridiculous. There's NO NEED to EVER talk of PAY PARITY.......
The Female Heavyweight boxing champion shd try take on Male Featherweight #3 contender first........SMH
This thread was really shaping up to be interesting and logical and poof it goes
Last edited by kawawa on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Enugu II wrote:The argument is not as simple as most people are making here. First of all, whether it his about equal pay or equity in pay, there is a point to be made for the Falcons. Here are some points to think about:

Thank God for some rationale dialog to rescue this interesting topic. I salute you Enugu II, couldn’t have said it be better. The Falcons and the SE serve the country. One has won 8 continental titles and is still treated like crap...at least crappier
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
I know I am smarter than you ..100%...kai NYSC :rotf: Davido did NYSC
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I know I am smarter than you ..100%...kai NYSC :rotf: Davido did NYSC
Ansa di kweshon, olodo!

Na pork you sabi chop! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: