Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire Opar

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire Opar

Post by highbury »

Super Falcons are more successful than the SE. They are 11 time African Champion, World Cup Quarter Finalist, second round.. It's not even close
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Falcons deserve same pay as Super Eagles - Desire Opar

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:37 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:51 am
jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:00 am
Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:35 am
jette1 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:33 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:14 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:59 pm Is this your way of living in denial of what just happened? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Rooney Rule started with one small victory.
The Bosman Rule started with one small victory.
Na so e dey take start....
Damunk

Sometimes it becomes difficult for logic to triumph over long held practice. The argument of the women players was logical and simple enough that it is shocking that some cannot comprehend it.
Well since demunk is talking about small gains let’s look forward to that day when women get to pay dowry in Nigeria as they already do in Nepal
Stick to the topic. Making ridiculous parallels is deliberate diversion.
What do you think about this latest development which many believe is groundbreaking for most sports, not just football?
Anyone calling it groundbreaking know very well already it’s dishonest because it’s simply a disarming technique design to quell all the agitation into a cooler. This is a topic the US government hopes goes away for now. I mean how ground breaking could it possibly be. The number one sports in the US is the American style football which women can’t even play, basketball, soccer then baseball in that order. All these sports gross much money than their soccer. Are you getting the picture yet ? Highest paid WNBA player make about 250k per contract compared to 8 million average contract in NBA. Now you can see why they rather not fan this fire any further. Yea we are talking about national teams here but mind you the national teams pay does come from the US government either.
Jette

Unfortunately, it appears you are missing the crux of this issue. This is just a small piece of a larger societal change that is evolving. It is not just about women football in the USA. It is bigger than that.
Pls what part of the crux am I missing; small increment in a much more bigger societal change ? I don’t think reparation style forced distribution of wealth applies here. Laissez-faire market theory would determine the proportions of earnings and where or whom it goes to in the long run. This is not a civil right issue. Nigeria has been playing football before American could even spell football. Not only has their market forced a successful MLS but also a thriving women league that would never match MLS even though women soccer was already thriving in the US before there was even a mens national team. There will be no further revolution to equalize womens earnings in US traditional major sports
My fren, it IS a civil service-type issue!
You and others keep bringing up commercial pay rates as if we are talking about pay for Man City men vs Man City women.
Those are strictly driven by market forces.
All we are saying is that women should not be receiving lower pay than men for being on national duty.
Simple.
Now if part of that payment is made up from a portion of a FIFA allocation, then the government should make up the difference.
It is not too much to ask.
Seriously.

Let the football clubs sort out their own pay structure. Nobody is arguing with that.
This is the national team we are talking about.

Like I asked before, do the Olympic athletes repping Nigeria get paid according to gender?
If they do, then it is shameful.

PS. Sorry, I thought I read ‘civil service’ issue.
Shows how easily words can be misread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Though you said civil rights, the argument isn’t much different.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "