Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Post by Babalawo »

Adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee sanctions Samson Siasia
16 Aug 2019
Picture of the FIFA logo at the Home of FIFA
© AFP
The adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has found Mr Samson Siasia, a former official of the Nigeria Football Federation, guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.

The formal ethics proceedings against Mr Siasia were initiated on 11 February 2019 and stem from an extensive investigation into matches that Mr Wilson Raj Perumal attempted to manipulate for betting purposes. This large-scale investigation was conducted by FIFA via its competent departments and in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders and authorities.

In its decision, the adjudicatory chamber found that Mr Siasia had breached art. 11 (Bribery) of the 2009 edition of the FIFA Code of Ethics and banned him for life from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level. In addition, a fine in the amount of CHF 50,000 has been imposed on Mr Siasia.

The decision was notified to Mr Siasia today, the date on which the ban comes into force.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we- ... son-siasia
Peter Obi For President 2023
Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Post by Zelex »

Banned for life.... :shock:
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Opari! He can be coach SE in his next life. what a shame. This is the same guy some where touting as SE coach recently. Now we know why he always had open camps before major games.
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Wow. He accepted bribes to fix a football match. This is bad!

I wonder which match it was...
Last edited by niyi on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Disappointed! So Sad!

Nigeria does not reward integrity; those that have sacrificed a lot on the grounds of integrity are literally living from hand to mouth while those who do whatever is needed to succeed flaunt their wealth and your stupidity. This is why making money even while going against values is not REALLY frowned upon. Make that money and flaunt the success...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:boo: fake news to tarnish the name of a black man , an African ... I call racism
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote::boo: fake news to tarnish the name of a black man , an African ... I call racism
How? Did you make any attempt at verification before posting this? The news is posted directly on FIFA.com.

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote::boo: fake news to tarnish the name of a black man , an African ... I call racism
When we fucck up, we fail to own up and take responsibility for it, rather we blame it on racism... same old black man mentality.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
How? Did you make any attempt at verification before posting this? The news is posted directly on FIFA.com.

i will not join in slating on beating down on a black man or African..all of a sudden they are after the Africans.. out of no where , they come up with a ban or fake news... no video, no voice recordings, and we are yet to know which games..please i call it BS
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

i will not join in slating on beating down on a black man or African..all of a sudden they are after the Africans.. out of no where , they come up with a ban or fake news... no video, no voice recordings, and we are yet to know which games..please i call it BS

Does SiaSia have a history of collecting bribes?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

My brother you dey fail my hand these days. If you knew Siasia it will not come as a surprise to you.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

YESS
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We haven't heard from Siasia or CAS on this issue.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

So sad. I guess that puts an end to the calls to have Siasia replace Rohr.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

BigPee showing class. :shock: :dream: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we want concrete evidence ..I will not accept this news until i see videos, games, etc
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have just spoken to Siasia. His words
"I don't know anything about this. I did nothing wrong and I have not received any letter from FIFA."
Siasia also told me - very angrily - that he was never invited to defend himself and is hearing about all of this for the first time
He will fight this and clear his name
Colin Udoh
https://www.facebook.com/colin.udoh?__t ... t4&fref=nf
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who is Mr Wilson Raj Perumal
Who are those in
FIFA via its competent departments and in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders and authorities.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sir V wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

YESS
where are your evidence? Does Sam Allardyce take bribes?
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This has come out of nowhere. FIFA cannot be allowed to make a monumental decision like this without providing reasons behind it and providing evidence to his guilt. They have to be taken to task especially if it had anything to do with matches that occurred while coaching the national team.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Shocking! What da hell is going on? Did anyone know he was under investigation? Looks like he didn't know himself.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Hmm so those AFCON games...hmm.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Its's Very Complex for a Nigerian to coach any National Team in Nigeria.

WHY ?

. They will rarely command respect from peers, many players and NFF / NFA will not pay any / full salaries. No money for friendlies, etc
No salary payment leaves the door open for tempation to take bribes because they have bills to pay. Taking bribes compromises them, especially if there is irrefutable proof, this leads to further compromise descending to the depth of match fixing and more.

. Constant Intense Pressure from family, friends, acquaintances, etc to field certain players for various reasons.

. Unrealistic expectation from fans which adds pressure to perform and if not , a national out cry for their dismissal. ( as we know empty vessels with no knowledge of the game will wail the loudest )

. For whatever demonic personal, selfish reasons many groups and individuals will be against the coach within his organisation and outside so many minefields will be set up to guarentee his / her failure

Hope una get my drift ......