Baba and JJ show that we have a laziness problem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Baba and JJ show that we have a laziness problem

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I take it a ot of you have been watching Celestine Babayaro of late while he has been playing for Newcastle. As we all know, he has put in more effort over the last six games for Newxastle than he did throughout his last six years at Chelsea.

Simply put, Babayaro lost his place at Chelsea due to his laziness, non-chalant attitude, irresponsible approach to training, lack of commitment to the cause and despicable lifestyle. Grahame Souness is making sure that this will not be tolerated at Newcastle and we are seeing a different player.

Okocha had the same problem at PSG. He just could not get himself to do the dirty work, run around, put himself about and sweat blood for the cause.

Since Sam Allardyce got hold of him, he has become a very different player showing he can still fight. Had JJ been playing for Allardyce throughout his youth, he would have won APOY about five times over.

I hope this is an eye opener to all of us. Eagles are lazy, non-chalant, irresponsible, pampered and not wiling to fight for the cause. I know a lot of Premiership managers have privately said that they will not sign Nigerian players because they cannot be relied upon when they are in a dog fight.

We only need to see what the Pompey coach said about Yakubu Aiyegbeni to get the point. We have also seen what a particular player did (or did not do) while playing for Arsenal and WBA.

Taribo West took unbelievable liberties at Derbny County too, traveling to Nigeria and Italy at will, despite the fact that the team was in a relegation dogfight and needed all hands to the pump. With these type of players, is it really realistic to expect Nigeria to go beyond the second round in the World Cup.

From what I see, the only hope relies in the NFA appointing a taskmaster like Bruce Rioch, George Graham, Luis Van Gaal, Fabio Capello of Aariggo Saachi. Such a coach would have to come in and wield the big stick, making it clear that he expects a fundamental change in attitude or you get dropped.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:oops: Anothe piece of bollocks :oops: :oops: bullshit :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo

You don come again with your wild broad brush generalisations.

Btw, there are 'black' task masters as well you know :shock:

Yobo, Yak, Udeze, Utaka, Jag, Osaze, Abbey are players that are always prepared to pull their socks up and play their socks off for the Eagles any day.

Cheers
kaylord
Egg
Egg

Post by kaylord »

I was just thinking these thought s when I was watching Man U. beat Everton, even when they were -0 up, Ronaldo, Rooney and co did not let up for one minute, they kept on piling the pressure, as mcuh as i dislike man u. I could not fail to respect the extremely proffessional attitude that was inherent in the team, the way they played that match simply awed me, and I wonder when we would parade an eagles team that would play with such patriotism, professionalism and commiment.
Am Designed For Destiny...
http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

Can one of the "murderators" please double-barrel this yeye thread to the CE trash can?

Thank you
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Does this mean we need an English coach to curb the laziness in the Eagles' fold? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo, I didn't read your nonsense, but I agree with everything you said about JJ's laziness.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Baba and JJ show that we have a laziness problem

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I know a lot of Premiership managers have privately said that they will not sign Nigerian players because they cannot be relied upon when they are in a dog fight.
Bryan Robson? For once just put away your dishonesty, OK?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Baba and JJ show that we have a laziness problem

Post by mastermind »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I take it a ot of you have been watching Celestine Babayaro of late while he has been playing for Newcastle. As we all know, he has put in more effort over the last six games for Newxastle than he did throughout his last six years at Chelsea.

Simply put, Babayaro lost his place at Chelsea due to his laziness, non-chalant attitude, irresponsible approach to training, lack of commitment to the cause and despicable lifestyle. Grahame Souness is making sure that this will not be tolerated at Newcastle and we are seeing a different player.

Okocha had the same problem at PSG. He just could not get himself to do the dirty work, run around, put himself about and sweat blood for the cause.

Since Sam Allardyce got hold of him, he has become a very different player showing he can still fight. Had JJ been playing for Allardyce throughout his youth, he would have won APOY about five times over.

I hope this is an eye opener to all of us. Eagles are lazy, non-chalant, irresponsible, pampered and not wiling to fight for the cause. I know a lot of Premiership managers have privately said that they will not sign Nigerian players because they cannot be relied upon when they are in a dog fight.

We only need to see what the Pompey coach said about Yakubu Aiyegbeni to get the point. We have also seen what a particular player did (or did not do) while playing for Arsenal and WBA.

Taribo West took unbelievable liberties at Derbny County too, traveling to Nigeria and Italy at will, despite the fact that the team was in a relegation dogfight and needed all hands to the pump. With these type of players, is it really realistic to expect Nigeria to go beyond the second round in the World Cup.

From what I see, the only hope relies in the NFA appointing a taskmaster like Bruce Rioch, George Graham, Luis Van Gaal, Fabio Capello of Aariggo Saachi. Such a coach would have to come in and wield the big stick, making it clear that he expects a fundamental change in attitude or you get dropped.
come back when u get rid of ur bot belly Ayo. You are the same age as Okocha and u look like u are 7 months pregnant..lol
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kaylord,

The various characteristics you point to are stamped on the team by a. the manager (Fergie), b. the captain (Keane)

When a team is lacking character in both departments is affects the overall team play. The same applies to the SE

Food for thought....
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ayo,
We do have a problem with consistency that has been our problem and it is a Nigerina problem
Oya back to the matter
open and close
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo's school of journalism is a four year course:

ASJ 101: Find a mindless bug-bear
ASJ 102: Invent as many excuses for talking about it
---------

ASJ 201: Find a number of un-related and insignificant truths
ASJ 202: Sprinkle these into your bug-bear to give it a whiff of credibility
------------------
ASJ 303 (practicals): Shoe-horn all into some poorly written 10 pointers
Or as an elective, try ABS 320: Make a tenuous connection between points developed in ASJ 201 and all your bug-bears from ASJ 101.
-------------
Final year project. Double credits available
ASJ 419: Mindlessly and incessantly make the same assinine points over and over again until you batter any sensible readers into a complete state of stupor. Extra credits available if you use this opportuntity to celebrate all that is good about Europe and Oyinbo people
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

quickie wrote:Does this mean we need an English coach to curb the laziness in the Eagles' fold? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q

As you can see, not all of them are English. Saachi is the world's most stringent taskmaster. It looks like we need him badly. The player who will report late to his camp is not yet born.

Some of you say things you know nothing about but I know our boys well enough to know their attitudes. They refuse to report to camp until their 'contemporaries' have; they do not want to be there along with home based players and Garba Lawal; they frequently tell each other: 'Me I no dey carry Nigeria for head like you'; they pick and chose which matches to attend and believe they can turn up whenever suits them.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo is right on the money as it pertains to Baba and JJ at times. Obodo has lost his place at Fiorentina because of this.

1naija wrote:Ayo, I didn't read your nonsense, but I agree with everything you said about JJ's laziness.
kaylord
Egg
Egg

Post by kaylord »

one player that I can vuch for though is Martins... always hardworking...
Am Designed For Destiny...
http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

kaylord wrote:I was just thinking these thought s when I was watching Man U. beat Everton, even when they were -0 up, Ronaldo, Rooney and co did not let up for one minute, they kept on piling the pressure, as mcuh as i dislike man u. I could not fail to respect the extremely proffessional attitude that was inherent in the team, the way they played that match simply awed me, and I wonder when we would parade an eagles team that would play with such patriotism, professionalism and commiment.
so SE did not play well in ANC? i bet u are jumping around in ur living room when they trashed cameroon. y'all need to quit all these bloodclat crying.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Ayo is right on the money as it pertains to Baba and JJ at times. Obodo has lost his place at Fiorentina because of this.

1naija wrote:Ayo, I didn't read your nonsense, but I agree with everything you said about JJ's laziness.
If some of these cyber fans ever spent a day with some of our boys, they would quit talking all this nonesnse. Our boys do it with impunity!

What stopped Babayaro playing the way we know he can at Chelsea? If some CEs listened to what our boys say, they will give up watching football altogether.
London Coool
Egg
Egg

Post by London Coool »

From Ayo's anology can it be deducted that Ruud Gullit,Glen Hoddle, et al (including J.Morinho) were not effective coaches in that they couldnt get the best out of Babayaro ? I wouldnt say so. But the conclusion is conjured from the premise to seem so.

Different players react differently to diferent Managers style. I wouldnt throw a blanket description to all SE players and conclude that they are lazy just because one mentions JJ,Taribo & Babayaro to back up their point. You'll need to provide Opta stats to convince me.
"Arsene Wenger's problem is that his young players are too young and his old players are too old and there is not much in between "

Alan Hansen

"Never look down one anyone except you are lifting them up"

Rev.Jesse Jackson
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

London Coool wrote:From Ayo's anology can it be deducted that Ruud Gullit,Glen Hoddle, et al (including J.Morinho) were not effective coaches in that they couldnt get the best out of Babayaro ? I wouldnt say so. But the conclusion is conjured from the premise to seem so.

Different players react differently to diferent Managers style. I wouldnt throw a blanket description to all SE players and conclude that they are lazy just because one mentions JJ,Taribo & Babayaro to back up their point. You'll need to provide Opta stats to convince me.

Opta Stats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman...where you dey now? We dey wait for the Opta Stats on laziness...oya....
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

London Coool wrote:From Ayo's anology can it be deducted that Ruud Gullit,Glen Hoddle, et al (including J.Morinho) were not effective coaches in that they couldnt get the best out of Babayaro ? I wouldnt say so. But the conclusion is conjured from the premise to seem so.

The post has nothing to do with being lazy. It is just Ayo looking for some other reason to make his point that we need an Oyinbo coach!
Hoddle played for Wenger, and as lazy goes, Hoddle was the laziest. And does Mourinho strike you as one who tolerates laziness? No? Then what the hell are people like Eidur and Cole doing there. Eidur, by the way is thriving without even changing his game.
And let's bring it home. Kanu is often called lazy. Is not Ayo's favorite white man coaching him now? Is he suddenly chasing lost causes? Hell no.
Of all those white men, I doubt any of them are more strict than Onigbinde (who had, by the way, West, JJ, Baba AND Kanu as central to his teams). And if discipline really is the answer - and this assumes that CCC is by defintion, not discipline - why look beyond someone like Joe Erico.

You see, the logic doesn't hang, and you should not respond to it on any superficial level. Ayo's trick is to get you to buy into the supposed fact - and it might be true - that Baba, JJ and West are lazy. That's the supposed sprinkle of truth and it forms the foundation for all kinds of spectacular "therefores".

I.e. JJ, Baba and West are lazy therefore:
- Most Nigerian players are lazy.

Then:
Baba is less lazy now he is with Souness (!!) the disciplinarian therefore:
- We need Oyinbo coach

Have you ever heard anything more spurious?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Obodo lost his place cos he was lazy? or the new coach didnot like his style of play? Appiah lost his place, is he lazy or the coach doesn't like him?
YUJAM wrote:Ayo is right on the money as it pertains to Baba and JJ at times. Obodo has lost his place at Fiorentina because of this.

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

I will agree with Ayo on one thing .. We are too laid back sometimes but that is more of the peeps of the 1996 Dream team era e.g. Okocha, Babayaro Let me show u an hardworking team .. Barcelona .. yes we hear about their attack but do u notice that as soon as they lose the ball the attackers immediately start hustling form Eto'o to Ronaldinho to Giuly to Deco to Xavi .. they hustle ..

I was watchin the La Liga and thought to myself .. now this is a league JJ shoulda come to .. it suits his style .. flair .. not too fast and very steep learning curve ..
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am almost certain that Obodo lost his place becaus he doesn't try hard enuff!!
mastermind wrote:Obodo lost his place cos he was lazy? or the new coach didnot like his style of play? Appiah lost his place, is he lazy or the coach doesn't like him?