2020 Super Eagles Depth Chart

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020 Super Eagles Depth Chart

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Image

This looks like the strongest squad on paper. I still think it's lacking in central defence....
Add Iheanacho, Dennis, possibly the duo of Ighalo and Victor Moses, Osayi-Samuel, Ahmed Musa, Shehu, upcoming midfielders Kingsley Michael and James Igbekeme, Tosin Adarabioyo, Felix Udokhai, David Okereke, Sareren-Bazee, Umar Sadiq, Simy etc. Rohr has his work cut out selecting 23 players from this list.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:

This looks like the strongest squad on paper. I still think it's lacking in central defence....
Add Iheanacho, Dennis, possibly the duo of Ighalo and Victor Moses, Osayi-Samuel, Ahmed Musa, Shehu, upcoming midfielders Kingsley Michael and James Igbekeme, Tosin Adarabioyo, Felix Udokhai, David Okereke, Sareren-Bazee, Umar Sadiq, Simy etc. Rohr has his work cut out selecting 23 players from this list.
Thanks. I've highlighted the ones who have retired (thanks for the memories); and the ones who haven't committed to Nigeria as far as I know.

I'd also like to see Sheyi Ojo in the mix of those attempting to break into the squad
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Thanks. I've highlighted the ones who have retired (thanks for the memories); and the ones who haven't committed to Nigeria as far as I know.

I'd also like to see Sheyi Ojo in the mix of those attempting to break into the squad
I even forgot Josh Maja!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I even forgot Josh Maja!
Amazing how one of our most promising 'future' stars has COMPLETELY dropped off the radar sotay, nobody even mentions him any more: Isaac Success. :?

See life. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:

Add Iheanacho, Dennis, possibly the duo of Ighalo and Victor Moses, Osayi-Samuel, Ahmed Musa, Shehu, upcoming midfielders Kingsley Michael and James Igbekeme, Tosin Adarabioyo, Felix Udokhai, David Okereke, Sareren-Bazee, Umar Sadiq, Simy etc.
Rohr has his work cut out selecting 23 players from this list.
No he doesnt. Sir, you are just throwing names on paper. most of these players are simply not good enough, others play in sh1t backyard leagues, some are benchwarmers at their clubs etc etc. Any person can easily select 23 players from that list without batting a eyelid.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I even forgot Josh Maja!
Amazing how one of our most promising 'future' stars has COMPLETELY dropped off the radar sotay, nobody even mentions him any more: Isaac Success. :?

I never mentioned him before...didn't rate him much. While most were raving about him I was already advocating for Osimhen.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Good squad. Jersey not so much. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Good squad. Jersey not so much. :mrgreen:
It’s that ugly 2014 shirt I avoided!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Update summer 2020

Depth Chart in order of rank

*possible return or change of nationality

STRIKERS

Victor Osimehn-21
Cyriel Dessers-25
Kelechi Iheanacho-23
Umar Sadiq-23
Josh Maja-21
Paul Onuachu-25
Taiwo Awoniyi-22
Simy Nwankwo-27

*Odion Ighalo-30

WINGERS/WIDE STRIKERS

Samuel Chukwueze-20
Samuel Kalu-22
Simon Moses-24
Chidera Ejuke-22
Ahmed Musa-27
Ademola Lookman-22
Emmanuel Dennis-22
Noah Bazee-23
Henry Onyekuru-23
David Okereke-22
Peter Olayinka-24

*Victor Moses-29
*Bright Osayi Samuel-22

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Alex Iwobi-23

*Eberechi Eze-21

CENTER & DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi-23
Ovie Ejaria-22
Joe Aribo-23
Peter Etebo-24
Ramon Azeez-27
Mikel Agu-26
Ogenyi Onazi-27
James Igbekeme-24
Azuibikwe Okechukwu-22
Kingsley Michael-20
Yusuf Alhassan-19
Anderson Esiti-25

CENTRE BACKS

William Troost Ekong-26
Semi Ajayi-26
Kenneth Omeruo-26
Chidozie Awaziem-23
Tosin Adarabiroyio-22
Leon Balogun-30
Valentine Ozornwafor-20

*Felix Udokhai-22

RIGHT BACKS

Ola Aina-23
Kingsley Ehizibue-24
Tyrone Ebuehi-24
Moses Odubajo-26
Shehu Abdullahi-26

LEFT BACKS

Jamilu Collins-25
Zaidu Sanusi-22
Brian Idowu-27
Ikouwem Udo-20

*Bukayo Saka-18

GOALKEEPERS

Francis Uzoho-21
Daniel Akpeyi-33
Maduka Okoye-20
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-31
Last edited by vancity eagle on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tosin Adarabiroyio has declared for Nigeria?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I doubt Moses Odubanjo is still part of the picture, not even remotely.
Simy Nwankwo and Paul Onuachu - not good enough.

Anderson Esiti and Onazi - not good enough any more

Leon Balogun and Ahmed Musa - on way out

Its glaringly obvious that there is very little experience in the team. That can be a problem on the big occasion when you need players that have 'been there, done that'.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:I doubt Moses Odubanjo is still part of the picture, not even remotely.

Its glaringly obvious that there is very little experience in the team. That can be a problem on the big occasion when you need players that have 'been there, done that'.
True, the likes of Omeruo have got to step up now (2 ANC's, 2 World Cups), maybe we can get Ighalo or Moses to come back...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:I doubt Moses Odubanjo is still part of the picture, not even remotely.

True, the likes of Omeruo have got to step up now (2 ANC's, 2 World Cups), maybe we can get Ighalo or Moses to come back...

Or even Mikel frankly so long as he only plays DM. But he will definitely start from bench.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I even forgot Josh Maja!

I never mentioned him before...didn't rate him much. While most were raving about him I was already advocating for Osimhen.
Taiwo Awoniyi should be back in the equation.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We have too much talent, the tin taya me sef. :thumbs: Can’t even pen a starting 11 anymore without getting headache. Gone are the days where playing anywhere in Europe gets an automatic call. In the past a player like Sadiq banging goals in Belgrade would be a shoe in, now we he doesn’t even register.

We going places y’all. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We have too much talent, the tin taya me sef. :thumbs: Can’t even pen a starting 11 anymore without getting headache. Gone are the days where playing anywhere in Europe gets an automatic call. In the past a player like Sadiq banging goals in Belgrade would be a shoe in, now we he doesn’t even register.

We going places y’all. :thumbs:
As long as Rohr is able to harness the talent and mould them into a formidable unit.
Senegal on paper for instance might have more 'established' talent but they have done little or nothing with it.
I've always believed there is something about the Nigerian that, once on a roll, is able to overcome ie. punch above their weight by sheer will power. But it takes time and contrary to what many would like to believe, it isn't down to the coach.
Nigeria could have hit the semis in '94 if not for inexperience/naivety
Nigeria could have hit the quarters and beyond in '98 if not for arrogance i.e. naivety

By Qatar 2022, once we qualify, we should have just the right mix of talent, confidence, experience and youthful fearlessness.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ this dude is already thinking of Semis in Qatar :lol: :lol: :lol: when AFCON qualifiers are still pending, talkless of if the WC 2022 will still host in NOV of that year..in fact watch this space **** will be exposed during the qualifiers... since 2004 we never lost a single WCQ, however come 2017 we finally lost due to **** beating the likes of Lesotho and Benin don cloud una..by this time next year, **** will :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: the door
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, but which WCQ game did Nigeria lose in 2017?
Bigpokey24 wrote:^ this dude is already thinking of Semis in Qatar :lol: :lol: :lol: when AFCON qualifiers are still pending, talkless of if the WC 2022 will still host in NOV of that year..in fact watch this space **** will be exposed during the qualifiers... since 2004 we never lost a single WCQ, however come 2017 we finally lost due to **** beating the likes of Lesotho and Benin don cloud una..by this time next year, **** will :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: the door
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Sorry, but which WCQ game did Nigeria lose in 2017?
Bigpokey24 wrote:^ this dude is already thinking of Semis in Qatar :lol: :lol: :lol: when AFCON qualifiers are still pending, talkless of if the WC 2022 will still host in NOV of that year..in fact watch this space **** will be exposed during the qualifiers... since 2004 we never lost a single WCQ, however come 2017 we finally lost due to **** beating the likes of Lesotho and Benin don cloud una..by this time next year, **** will :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: the door
Algeria second game :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
What was the scores?
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
What was the scores?
Bigporkey wrote:...since the 3 zero lost to Algeria during the WCQs the SE has bee on a free fall.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300674&p=5582675&hi ... a#p5582675
According to his reliable 'sauces' the scorers were Riyad Mahrez, Nabil Bentaleb and even one Rabah Madger like that. :lol:

Meanwhile he says the SE "never lost a WCQ since 2004" but nobody told him there's a reason we failed to qualify for the WC in 2006.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
What was the scores?
Bigporkey wrote:...since the 3 zero lost to Algeria during the WCQs the SE has bee on a free fall.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300674&p=5582675&hi ... a#p5582675
According to his reliable 'sauces' the scorers were Riyad Mahrez, Nabil Bentaleb and even one Rabah Madger like that. :lol:

Meanwhile he says the SE "never lost a WCQ since 2004" but nobody told him there's a reason we failed to qualify for the WC in 2006.

Oh Damunk, why now? I sprung a trap for him and I was expecting him to respond and would've asked who the goalscorers were?
I am happy