El Hadj Diouf"Only one african is more talented tham I am"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
El Hadj Diouf"Only one african is more talented tham I am"

Post by camex »

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/diouf-p ... o211eg7fl9
Diouf picks Okocha as Africa’s most talented footballer, praises Eto’o and Drogba
Gbenga Adewoye

The former Senegal international has rated the Super Eagles legend highly and bemoans his failure to clinch individual accolades
Former Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers forward El Hadji Diouf has named Jay-Jay Okocha as the most talented African footballer while picking Samuel Eto’o and Didier Drogba as the best players from the continent.

Okocha was renowned for his dribbling abilities, especially his skills in the use of step-overs, however, the midfielder failed to clinch the Africa Player of the Year or any top individual award during his playing years.

Diouf, who was a former teammate of the Super Eagles legend at Bolton, admitted he has never seen a player as talented as the midfielder since he was born.
But I think El Hadj Diouf confuses potential and talent. Okocha had the greatest potential but did not have the opportunity to go to a world class training center like Real Madrid. There he could have been taught to channel his potential in a more productive way. He sometimes dribbles unecesserily.
eyan
Egg
Egg
Re: El Hadj Diouf"Only one african is more talented tham I a

Post by eyan »

camex wrote:https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/diouf-p ... o211eg7fl9
Diouf picks Okocha as Africa’s most talented footballer, praises Eto’o and Drogba
Gbenga Adewoye

The former Senegal international has rated the Super Eagles legend highly and bemoans his failure to clinch individual accolades
Former Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers forward El Hadji Diouf has named Jay-Jay Okocha as the most talented African footballer while picking Samuel Eto’o and Didier Drogba as the best players from the continent.

Okocha was renowned for his dribbling abilities, especially his skills in the use of step-overs, however, the midfielder failed to clinch the Africa Player of the Year or any top individual award during his playing years.

Diouf, who was a former teammate of the Super Eagles legend at Bolton, admitted he has never seen a player as talented as the midfielder since he was born.
But I think El Hadj Diouf confuses potential and talent. Okocha had the greatest potential but did not have the opportunity to go to a world class training center like Real Madrid. There he could have been taught to channel his potential in a more productive way. He sometimes dribbles unecesserily.

What a logic! Eric Djemba Djemba is a world since he trained at a world class training center like Man United. And he became very productive compare to Jay jay.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

eyan wrote:
Gbenga Adewoye

What a logic! Eric Djemba Djemba is a world since he trained at a world class training center like Man United. And he became very productive compare to Jay jay.
Djemba did not have the potential of a great player. Take Etoo and leave him in Cameroon, and not going to Madrid to train, or Messi in Argentina instead of Barcelona in early years. I bet no-one on CE would even know his name today. Thats what Okocha could have become and more.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Diouf was only good for 18 months.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

he was back to back APOY... he just had a horrible set of individuals at pool. the likes of Gerald/Carraghaer...I very much doubt Salah and Mane would be the main players at pool if those two were still there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Yes Diouf was good. I will rate him close to Victor Ikpeba.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Diouf doing his picking backwards. Multiple trophy winners (Drogba and Eto'o) are relegated behind great dribbler (Okocha) who never won that (many) trophy.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Bigpokey24 wrote:he was back to back APOY... he just had a horrible set of individuals at pool. the likes of Gerald/Carraghaer...I very much doubt Salah and Mane would be the main players at pool if those two were still there
I agree those guys were plain evil
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kalani JR wrote:Diouf was only good for 18 months.
You are right!
I am happy
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Prince wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:he was back to back APOY... he just had a horrible set of individuals at pool. the likes of Gerald/Carraghaer...I very much doubt Salah and Mane would be the main players at pool if those two were still there
Mane and Salah would probably be fine, they aren't "personalities" they have that meekness that white folks like.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

kalani JR wrote:
Prince wrote:
Mane and Salah would probably be fine, they aren't "personalities" they have that meekness that white folks like.
Klopp wouldn't tolerate the bullying Gerrard and Carra used to do.
The meekness almost cost Mane, initially they tried bullying him
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I saw him play live once in a league game at Anfield, I was supporting the visiting team, he was miles ahead of anyone on the pitch in terms of pure skiil and effectiveness and that included Owen and Gerrard.

What struck me the most was that the Liverpool fans at the stadium appeared to particularly appreciate him and cheered him every single time he touched the ball.

Owen laughingly got MoM
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Aswani wrote:I saw him play live once in a league game at Anfield, I was supporting the visiting team, he was miles ahead of anyone on the pitch in terms of pure skiil and effectiveness and that included Owen and Gerrard.

What struck me the most was that the Liverpool fans at the stadium appeared to particularly appreciate him and cheered him every single time he touched the ball.

Owen laughingly got MoM
El-HaJ was super Skillful and balled big time..He won APOY back to back and was something else at LENS, WC 2002 and his first season at Pool. Houllier bought him for like 10 million back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2uoApT1fiE[/video]
SuperEagles

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Diouf was immense. He played like a skillful Amokachi.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

He was really skilled, but his goals return was really poor.. Gerard Houllier who brought his to Liverpool thought he was a striker and even let Anelka go without signing Anelka.. diouf was an Amokachi type player but was more effective from the flanks..
afc##
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Prince wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Prince wrote:
Arrant Rubbish!! :veryangry:

Diouf didnt apply himself when he was at Liverpool which didnt endear him to his team mates who were desparate to win trophies for their hometown club. Did they bully Suarez, Torres, Sterling, Anelka, Cisse etc??
I know you all want to be seen to support a fellow African but dont try to rewrite history.
YNWA
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Prince wrote:

Diouf didnt apply himself when he was at Liverpool which didnt endear him to his team mates who were desparate to win trophies for their hometown club. Did they bully Suarez, Torres, Sterling, Anelka, Cisse etc??
I know you all want to be seen to support a fellow African but dont try to rewrite history.
I think Diouf bears some responsiblity for his time at Liverpool but Gerrard (by his own admission) and Carragher were not welcoming to him and Diao.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Prince wrote:

do not come and re-write history, everyone knew steve and jamie had it in for EL

https://www.football365.com/news/steven ... a-pongolle
SuperEagles

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gbenga Adewoye

Okocha is who he is. Little to do with training. He started his career really in Germany so not sure the 'world class' training facility that was missing in his development.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON_knjibHE[/video]

I like El-Had, him along with the following Fadiga, Diao, Camara were my favorite other African players who repped the continent big time ... and yes EL was a huge player ...back to back APOY
SuperEagles

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON_knjibHE[/video]

I like El-Had, him along with the following Fadiga, Diao, Camara were my favorite other African players who repped the continent big time ... and yes EL was a huge player ...back to back APOY
He had a problem with Houllier, a problem with Gerard, a problem with Carra... problems as Sochaux... problems at Rennes...problems at Blackburn...problems with Senegal Football Federation...
what is the common denominator here? :D
EHD was a problem everywhere he went. :lol:

He wanted to denigrate Stevie G as a footballer but was forced to retract that by Petit :lol:
and of course he wouldnt get on with Stevie G because of his unprofessional attitude.

He was a baller in the world cup but as with a lot of footballers he thought he had arrived and didnt want to do the work necessary to remain at the top. Liverpool was the biggest club he played for and he wasted the opportunity. His career went downhill after that. He wasted his talent in my opinion.
YNWA
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON_knjibHE[/video]

Those guys were good for a two year period, won a single game in regular time at the world cup. Most overrated team inAfrican football history.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

El Hadgi Diouf was overrated. How many goals did he score?? Dude needs to sit down.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.