NIGERIA CAN WIN THE 2010 WC -- GOV KALU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA CAN WIN THE 2010 WC -- GOV KALU

Post by SUYA »

Eagles ‘ll win 2010 World Cup if ••• says Kalu
By Tony Ubani
Posted to the Web: Thursday, February 24, 2005

GOVERNOR Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia state has predicted that the Super Eagles have a chance to win the 2010 World Cup to be hosted by South Africa. “I know that so many people will laugh when they hear it. But, it is achievable”, the soccer crazy Governor who has taken Enyimba FC of Aba to win the once-considered elusive African League Cup twice said.

“Football is all about politics and I’ve learned the tricks. It is all about making friends and I have made friends with the hoi-polloi of World football. So, Nigeria needs somebody like me to be at the helm of affairs for the Super Eagles to realise the dream of becoming the first African Country to win the World Cup”, the Governor whose pet club, Enyimba won the Super Cup on Sunday against Accra Hearts of Oak to shoot them into reckoning as the best African Club side.

The Governor said that winning the World Cup in South Africa would be easier since “it will be played at our backyard. Yes! That is an advantage. I’ll take Nigeria to win the World Cup”, Governor Kalu emphasised, noting that Nigeria had men and material to win the World Cup. “All I want from my friends is to be fair to us.

We need fair officiating. We don’t ask for anything else. And with the calibre of Nigerian players plying their trade in different leagues in the World, Nigeria will lift the World’s most coveted trophy”, the Governor insisted. He said that Enyimba were on line to winning the CAF Champions League cup for the third time. “When I said that we will break the jinx, many people laughed and dismissed it as political talk.. But we won the cup. And I said we will retain it and they said he’s talking because he managed to win it the first time. I am saying that we will win it for the third time. All these things are by divine intervention. And once God says yes, definitely, there is nothing anybody will do to stop it”, the Governor added.
The above comments are private and not affiliated with supersport in any manner or form
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I believe Kalu. Infact, I'll believe anything he says about organizing a winning side. Kalu needs to run the NFA when he leaves office in 2007.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I know they are our wives, but since when did South Africa become Nigeria's backyard... :P

Interestingly enough, a SE player I spoke with recently expressed the exact opinion Gov. Kalu is making here, and was pretty serious about it.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mister Dolly wrote:I know they are our wives, but since when did South Africa become Nigeria's backyard... :P

Interestingly enough, a SE player I spoke with recently expressed the exact opinion Gov. Kalu is making here, and was pretty serious about it.
Oh yeah. Which player?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
PRINCE OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by PRINCE OGOLO »

Yeah right. Kenya will also win in our qualifying group WC2006.
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

Ogolo Minister for Misinformation......do you ever just look at something and reserve comment? Jeez !
The above comments are private and not affiliated with supersport in any manner or form
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

I believe Kalu, the guy is credible
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Mister Dolly wrote:I know they are our wives, but since when did South Africa become Nigeria's backyard... :P

I think what he means is South Africa is in our backyard compared to Germany or Japan.
manplus
Egg
Egg

Post by manplus »

I do not think Kalu meant "our backyard" as a diss to SA.
He means that they are our African brothers and therefore
their country is our backyard - the African continent. Have
you seen the number of SA companies doing big business in Nigeria? Nigeria has excellent fraternal relations with SA. So, nothing spoil.

Regarding Kalu's prediction? I agree with him patapata.
PRINCE OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by PRINCE OGOLO »

SUYA wrote:Ogolo Minister for Misinformation......do you ever just look at something and reserve comment? Jeez !

I have restrained myself the whole day on this thread.

I wish Nigeria well. The whole continent would be proud.
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

Ogolo....is this u or another Ogolo? :P

Yeah right. Kenya will also win in our qualifying group WC2006 ?
Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

All things are by divine intervention? What makes Kalu think God has ordained (or will ordain) Nigeria as the 2010 champs?

Obviously, if God really ordains Naija, we will win -- no question about that as per my belief in his omnipotence. However, I find it hard to believe that God necessarily intervenes in soccer affairs!

So lets be realistic here that given some of Kalu's points, e.g., good administration, talented players, backyard (as in home) advantage, fair officiating, etc., we do have a decent chance of lifting the cup. But it is of no use to engage in divine truisms.
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

We can still easily win the world cup in 2006
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

1naija wrote:I believe Kalu. Infact, I'll believe anything he says about organizing a winning side. Kalu needs to run the NFA when he leaves office in 2007.
Maybe you have not been to Abia State recently and see how well he has run that state. Aba has to be the filthiest, most unsanitary place in Nigeria, worse than any where I've been and I trust me I have to a lot of places. The other towns are no better. All you have to is drive to PH or even Ikot Ekpene both a few kilometers way to see the difference. If you think NFA is bad now just wait to Kalu gets hold of it.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

kalu is a man of vision
Hard Man
Egg
Egg

Post by Hard Man »

Per Miky:
miky wrote:kalu is a man of vision.
Then, per Wawa:
wawa wrote:Maybe you have not been to Abia State recently and see how well he has run that state. Aba has to be the filthiest, most unsanitary place in Nigeria, worse than any where I've been and I trust me I have to a lot of places. The other towns are no better. All you have to is drive to PH or even Ikot Ekpene both a few kilometers way to see the difference. If you think NFA is bad now just wait to Kalu gets hold of it.
So which is it?

Anyway I do believe Nigeria can win the WC 2010. We don't currently have that depth of talent Brazil boasts of today, I don't think ... but with a well-ordered organization in place, we should be able to show folks a thing or two.
I have seen the future, and it is dirty. Dirty Leeds.

I raised the alarm at work today. The midgets were furious.

I have some new agoraphobic anorexic neighbors; they must have skeletons in their closet.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

somebody wrote:I believe Kalu, the guy is credible
The guys is too damn corrupt abeg...he is an embezzler. He rivals Igbinedion as the most corrupt governors in Nigeria.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wawa wrote:
1naija wrote:I believe Kalu. Infact, I'll believe anything he says about organizing a winning side. Kalu needs to run the NFA when he leaves office in 2007.
Maybe you have not been to Abia State recently and see how well he has run that state. Aba has to be the filthiest, most unsanitary place in Nigeria, worse than any where I've been and I trust me I have to a lot of places. The other towns are no better. All you have to is drive to PH or even Ikot Ekpene both a few kilometers way to see the difference. If you think NFA is bad now just wait to Kalu gets hold of it.
I was refering to his football administrative skills, which he has a track record of.

As for Aba being the filthiest city, you should blame the inhabitants of the city, not the Governor.
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Kalu...go, build roads, hospitals, provide food and employment...public phones and proper electricity so we do away with generators first...So that some of us know our rights from your wrongs..can then talk about your winning the world cup...plus if you can help reduce Nigerias international debt profile...it might also help...

Your Humble

Pastor Hotr99

"circa 1999"
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

1naija wrote:
wawa wrote:
I was refering to his football administrative skills, which he has a track record of.

As for Aba being the filthiest city, you should blame the inhabitants of the city, not the Governor.
I am not sure what football administration skills you are talking about. Just that he is governor of Abia and Enyimba won does not mean he has does have those skills. To mu knowledge he has never coached or managed a team. Be careful what you ask for, he is a politician, a slick, corrupt albeit not a good one. However, taking credit for whatever good happens in his vicinity is his forte.
As for Aba, it is his town, his house per se and how it looks is squarely his problem and fault. I don't think that it is the inhabitants fault that the garbage does not get removed, that the gutters are drained, that all the schools are falling down and decrepit. Like I said go see the neighbouring States. Are those people so vastly superior to the people of Aba.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wawa wrote:
1naija wrote:
wawa wrote:

I am not sure what football administration skills you are talking about. Just that he is governor of Abia and Enyimba won does not mean he has does have those skills. To mu knowledge he has never coached or managed a team. Be careful what you ask for, he is a politician, a slick, corrupt albeit not a good one. However, taking credit for whatever good happens in his vicinity is his forte.
As for Aba, it is his town, his house per se and how it looks is squarely his problem and fault. I don't think that it is the inhabitants fault that the garbage does not get removed, that the gutters are drained, that all the schools are falling down and decrepit. Like I said go see the neighbouring States. Are those people so vastly superior to the people of Aba.
I am in no way defending Kalu's record as the Governor of Abia state, but Aba HAS ALWAYS BEEN DIRTY even as far as back as when it was part of IMO State. BTW, I was in Port Harcourt a year ago, and it is just as dirty.

Kalu may not be the manager or the coach of Enyimba, but you can't deny the fact that he is largely responsible for their continental sucesss.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

1naija,
I think Obj should be given the ultimate credit for the success of Enyinba as the President if we are to use your logic.

On a serious note I think the sport administratve side of the Abai state government should be hijacked and given the power to run the NFA.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

wawa wrote:
1naija wrote:
wawa wrote:

Lets see -- maybe if he becomes the president we would be in position win the world cup. That way he could apply his superior "administrative" skills to guide the super eagles to victory as he did guiding Enyimba to 2 CLs while being a governor.

Make perfect sense to me! :lol:
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods