Transfer Rumours

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by olu »

Quite possible. Dele-Bashiru might be one to look out. He's just returning from a long time on the sidelines, but hope he remains injury free this season. He was one of the few players that impressed me in Aigbogun's poor U-20 squad.
chief nfachairman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:30 pm
olu wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:52 pm Etebo just moved to Watford on loan from Stoke. Watford is the new Fulham. They have 5 Nigerian players: Ekong, Success, Tom-Dele Bashiru, Dennis, and Etebo
Something tells me Isaac Success and Dele TOm would be loaned out before the season begins.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:30 pm
olu wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:52 pm Etebo just moved to Watford on loan from Stoke. Watford is the new Fulham. They have 5 Nigerian players: Ekong, Success, Tom-Dele Bashiru, Dennis, and Etebo
Something tells me Isaac Success and Dele TOm would be loaned out before the season begins.
huh!!! who is this something that had a privy conversation with you? I would like to know
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Taiwo in Liverpool preseason

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The guy is big o ...

He should try and duplicate his U20 form so he can come back to the SE . We need him in Cameroon to kwak those plantain boys when they do gragra.
txj wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:00 pm Taiwo in Liverpool preseason

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:34 pm The guy is big o ...

He should try and duplicate his U20 form so he can come back to the SE . We need him in Cameroon to kwak those plantain boys when they do gragra.

He is some unit!

Really hope he has a good preseason...been looking forward to this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Taiwo is about 5 foot 9.

You do realize those other players around him are midgets.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chief nfachairman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:48 am

Taiwo is about 5 foot 9.

Mane and Salah are both listed as 5.9'. Taiwo is a legit 6ft, maybe even 6.2ft.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Salernitana, near the first reinforcement for the midfield: Obi on a free transfer

15.07.2021 23:36 by Pierpaolo Matrone

First moves for Serie A. Salernitana moves and has identified Joel Obi as the right reinforcement for Fabrizio Castori's midfield. The former Inter, born in '91, has been released since July 1st after the last two seasons at ChievoVerona and would arrive at no cost. The blow, according to what reported by Sky Sport, is close.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:48 am

Taiwo is about 5 foot 9.

No way!
Even as an U17 I very much doubt he wasn’t already about that height.
If those guys are truly about 5’9”, then we’re looking at as much as 6’1”, even 6’2” in that picture.
We can always check….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Crystal Palace rumored to be looking to sign Ademola Lookman.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tolu Arokodare moves on loan from Cologne to Ligue2 side Amiens FC.

After a disappointing time in Germany with Cologne, one of the country’s brightest prospects is adapting well to his new surroundings in France

Amiens FC manager Philippe Hinschberger has reserved positive words for new signing Tolu Arokodare after the youngster scored in his side’s friendly against Belgian side Oostende on Saturday.

Arokodare moved to France a couple of weeks ago to join the Ligue 2 side on a two-year loan deal after an unproductive spell in Cologne last season.

The 20-year-old is determined to help the LFP Slayers regain their Ligue 1 status before the expiration of his contract, and he started on a bright note on Saturday.

Arokodare glanced home a fine header in the first half to help Amiens claim a fine 2-1 friendly win over Oostende.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/07/he-has-not ... -club.html
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

El Capitan, GCFR, Alhaji Captain Ahmed Musa is off to Turkey. :thumb:

https://www.completesports.com/musa-to- ... this-week/

Kai.....people that were hoping he'd end up in KUWAIT will be mad. :taunt:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

So what exactly is special about the Turkish League? Did you watch Turkey in the Euros?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Liverpool looking at chukwueze

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caught ... rreal/amp/

Everton and lille also have interest in him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to reports, EPL newcomers, Brentford, have signed Nigerian international midfielder, Frank Onyeka, in a record €10 million deal.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Taiwo Awoniyi to Union Berlin in a £6.5 million transfer from Liverpool. He's currently undergoing a medical.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:39 am Taiwo Awoniyi to Union Berlin in a £6.5 million transfer from Liverpool. He's currently undergoing a medical.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57887122
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:06 pm According to reports, EPL newcomers, Brentford, have signed Nigerian international midfielder, Frank Onyeka, in a record €10 million deal.
Great news for him and Nigeria. Though I fear for the guy. Unless he has improved a lot since over the summer break, I think he will find the EPL too hot to handle.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 46688.html
Brentford sign Frank Onyeka: Bees make FC Midtjylland midfielder their first signing as a Premier League club

By Simon Collings@sr_collings
3 hours ago

Brentford have completed the signing of Nigeria midfielder Frank Onyeka from FC Midtjylland.

The fee for Onyeka is undisclosed, but reports in Denmark claim the Bees have stumped up around £8.5million for the 23-year-old.

Onyeka joins Brentford from Midtjylland, where bees owner Matthew Benham has the majority shareholding.

He has signed a five-year deal with Brentford and will now undergo a period of quarantine before joining up with the squad for training.

Brentford boss Thomas Frank said: “I am looking forward to getting Frank in the building. We think he is a strong addition to the squad, and we are looking forward to working with him. He is a very dynamic player.

“Frank plays as an eight in our system, he is very good at getting from box to box and will be valuable to us when we don’t have the ball. He has come from the Danish league and was one of the best midfield players in that league, we think he has the potential to develop further.

“All the coaches here are looking forward to working with Frank and pushing him to a higher level.”

Rasmus Ankersen, Brentford FC Co-Director of Football, added: “Frank Onyeka is a player we, for obvious reasons, know very well.

“Over the last two years he has grown to become the dominant midfielder in the Danish league and his performances in the Champions League last season convinced us that he is ready for the Premier League.

“With his pace, power and ability to win the ball I am sure Frank will be a great addition to the Brentford squad."
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:48 pm [quote=Dammy post_id=5686164 time=<a href="tel:1626728786">1626728786</a> user_id=501]
According to reports, EPL newcomers, Brentford, have signed Nigerian international midfielder, Frank Onyeka, in a record €10 million deal.
Great news for him and Nigeria. Though I fear for the guy. Unless he has improved a lot since over the summer break, I think he will find the EPL too hot to handle.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 46688.html
Brentford sign Frank Onyeka: Bees make FC Midtjylland midfielder their first signing as a Premier League club

By Simon Collings@sr_collings
3 hours ago

Brentford have completed the signing of Nigeria midfielder Frank Onyeka from FC Midtjylland.

The fee for Onyeka is undisclosed, but reports in Denmark claim the Bees have stumped up around £8.5million for the 23-year-old.

Onyeka joins Brentford from Midtjylland, where bees owner Matthew Benham has the majority shareholding.

He has signed a five-year deal with Brentford and will now undergo a period of quarantine before joining up with the squad for training.

Brentford boss Thomas Frank said: “I am looking forward to getting Frank in the building. We think he is a strong addition to the squad, and we are looking forward to working with him. He is a very dynamic player.

“Frank plays as an eight in our system, he is very good at getting from box to box and will be valuable to us when we don’t have the ball. He has come from the Danish league and was one of the best midfield players in that league, we think he has the potential to develop further.

“All the coaches here are looking forward to working with Frank and pushing him to a higher level.”

Rasmus Ankersen, Brentford FC Co-Director of Football, added: “Frank Onyeka is a player we, for obvious reasons, know very well.

“Over the last two years he has grown to become the dominant midfielder in the Danish league and his performances in the Champions League last season convinced us that he is ready for the Premier League.

“With his pace, power and ability to win the ball I am sure Frank will be a great addition to the Brentford squad."
[/quote]

Why? Onyeka might flop but not because of his ability but due to that of his teammates…

He has all the attributes to succeed in the Premier league. He now needs to get his head down and work hard. He won’t be played as a DM, he will be an industrious box to box midfielder…

I like his coach a lot…..

He works hard….he excels simple.

Only Onyeka can hold back Onyeka now
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Frank Onyeka is playing for Midtjylland against Celtic …….is normal for transferred players to play for their current club????
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:12 pm Frank Onyeka is playing for Midtjylland against Celtic …….is normal for transferred players to play for their current club????
Frank is in England
SuperEagles

MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:12 pm Frank Onyeka is playing for Midtjylland against Celtic …….is normal for transferred players to play for their current club????
Nope that's Nwadike