National Stadium Surulere

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: National Stadium Surulere

Post by imehjunior »

This thread is giving me joy.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
This is all about the pitch which is absolutely great but I'd love to know about the plans for the stands and the facilities in the main bowl.
seriously? You think that is all they are going to fix just the pitch? :lol: :lol: :lol: . They are also fixing the Abuja Stadium. Do you also think it is just the pitch they are fixing. This damunk no be am at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
This is all about the pitch which is absolutely great but I'd love to know about the plans for the stands and the facilities in the main bowl.
seriously? You think that is all they are going to fix just the pitch? :lol: :lol: :lol: . They are also fixing the Abuja Stadium. Do you also think it is just the pitch they are fixing. This damunk no be am at all
Poor education continues to let you down. :lol:

Okay, since you be am, tell us all what the plans for the stands and the other facilities are, since you can see those details in the reports what none of us can see.

Another assignment for you:
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - but it does mean the evidence is not readily available.

Discuss.
(50 words max) :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Okay, since you be am, tell us all what the plans for the stands and the other facilities are, since you can see those details in the reports what none of us can see.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - but it does mean the evidence is not readily available.

Discuss.
In the video posted by Lolly above, the contractor made reference to simultaneous work on the tracks and score board...
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oyek wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Discuss.
In the video posted by Lolly above, the contractor made reference to simultaneous work on the tracks and score board...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: why even bother , the guy no be am at all
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I hope that they can refurbish the spectator stands and install new seats. BTW, please remind me when the next national elections take place in Nigeria. I hope this work can be completed before a new Minister is appointed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:I hope that they can refurbish the spectator stands and install new seats. BTW, please remind me when the next national elections take place in Nigeria. I hope this work can be completed before a new Minister is appointed.
Very important, especially after that a beret wearing apology of a Minister!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oyek wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Discuss.
Wow.
So what are the plans nah? Kindly tell us...or do we not have a right to ask?
Don't tell me you are like that blockhead that thinks asking for more information is an accusation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No fall my hand, abeg. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:I hope that they can refurbish the spectator stands and install new seats. BTW, please remind me when the next national elections take place in Nigeria. I hope this work can be completed before a new Minister is appointed.
This is the kind of information we seek which some seem to think are not important.
The original seats were concrete. Will they install new plastic seats for instance?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk, I had these questions on my mind and searched any articles I could find.
I haven't come across any mention of any other facilities other than the pitch and running tracks and scoreboards. The fact that nobody has mentioned it leads me to believe no provisions have been made for them. I hope I am wrong.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:Damunk, I had these questions on my mind and searched any articles I could find
I haven't come across anyention of any other facilities other than the pitch and running tracks and scoreboards. The fact that nobody has mentioned it leads me to believe no provisions have been made for them. I hope I am wrong.
Exactly, though I believe there are 'plans', but what exactly are those plans?
Nobody knows.

For all we know it could be they simply plan to spray paint the concrete seats, finish.
I know that FIFA has regulations for different categories of stadiums eg, seating requirements and capacity and those regulations definitely would have changed since that stadium was built in the early 70s.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
This is the kind of information we seek which some seem to think are not important.
The original seats were concrete. Will they install new plastic seats for instance?
another wrong and lazy assumption. the original seats were concrete when the Stadium was built in 1972 with a Capacity of 55,000.(85k was the record vs Algeria in 1980) It was renovated in 99 with plastic seats to 45k capacity... now you claim the stadium has no plastic seats :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: chei.. this bobo no be am at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKeoYjcjoPw[/video]

learn to research and stop being lazy. even a 5 year old knows the entire stadium and not the pitch will get a fix ..my goodness are you that backwards
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

My fear is it might be a very bad patched up job. Something which falls far short of standards elsewhere. Again I would like to be pleasantly surprised.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
another wrong and lazy assumption. the original seats were concrete when the Stadium was built in 1972 with a Capacity of 55,000.(85k was the record vs Algeria in 1980) It was renovated in 99 with plastic seats to 45k capacity... now you claim the stadium has no plastic seats :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: chei.. this bobo no be am at all

learn to research and stop being lazy. even a 5 year old knows the entire stadium and not the pitch will get a fix ..my goodness are you that backwards
Omo that 85K was over crowding. Hosting of the U-17 World cup made Naija reduced the capacity with the introduction of seats as opposed to concrete slabs which facilitated overcrowding. The current state of the plastic seats is unusable. Even the video you posted shows they are rotten beyond use.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Omo that 85K was over crowding. Hosting of the U-17 World cup made Naija reduced the capacity with the introduction of seats as opposed to concrete slabs which facilitated overcrowding. The current state of the plastic seats is unusable. Even the video you posted shows they are rotten beyond use.
He is a 'funny' man.
Thats all I will say. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You could have said this when I asked the question. Make I give you small intellectual credit. :taunt:
Instead you are playing masturbatory hide and seek with the little knowledge from google recycling in your coconut head
Yours is a basket case. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bigpokey24 wrote:learn to research and stop being lazy. even a 5 year old knows the entire stadium and not the pitch will get a fix ..my goodness are you that backwards
This is so sad.
You don't know the difference between 'backwards' and 'backward'? :shock:
O ma se o, Bigporkey. :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

He is a 'funny' man.
you dey force yourself laugh.. you claimed the entire stadium had concrete seating. i told you they were upgraded. dimka just repeated what i said and now you are claiming seats :laugh:
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

He is a 'funny' man.
you dey force yourself laugh.. you claimed the entire stadium had concrete seating. i told you they were upgraded. dimka just repeated what i said and now you are claiming seats :laugh:
Stop being backwards...
You've been given credit for googling.
Enjoy it. :taunt:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They need to do a full structural integrity test. That stadium may need to be fully demolished and rebuilt. looks like they are just fixing the pitch. They should get into a Private-Public partnership. Build a new 75k seater stadium with modern facilities.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:They need to do a full structural integrity test. That stadium may need to be fully demolished and rebuilt. looks like they are just fixing the pitch. They should get into a Private-Public partnership. Build a new 75k seater stadium with modern facilities.
They should, they shuda :shock:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote:They need to do a full structural integrity test. That stadium may need to be fully demolished and rebuilt. looks like they are just fixing the pitch. They should get into a Private-Public partnership. Build a new 75k seater stadium with modern facilities.
You sound like the typical American who doesn't know about anything going on outside America. Yet you write like an authority of these matters.

https://thenationonlineng.net/minister- ... dy-in-may/
The Minister of Youths and Sports, Sunday Dare, said the National Stadium pitch in Surulere, Lagos, will be ready for use as from May 2021.

Speaking in Lagos on Friday, he noted that the contractors handling renovation of the pitch and tracks had assured the ministry of early completion of the renovation works on the main bowl pitch and tracks as scheduled.

He said: “This arrangement is under the adoption initiative which is a public-private model that we developed. We were able to pitch that as a ministry and government to the private sector and we found a philanthropist and lover of sport Sir Adebutu Keshington, who was convinced about the proposal. He’s somebody that has the youth of this country at heart and he has done so much to support youth sport development.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Let me shed some light on this, the stadium is being restored by Kensington Adebutu and Aliko Dangote under the "Adopt a pitch" initiative put in place by Sunday Dare. It is a full renovation, that is why it is moving as quickly as it is, all the ashewo joints, beer parlours, mama puts, drug dens, etc have been broken up. The work began late last year, lets wait and see.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

COOKING SPOON wrote:Let me shed some light on this, the stadium is being restored by Kensington Adebutu and Aliko Dangote under the "Adopt a pitch" initiative put in place by Sunday Dare. It is a full renovation, that is why it is moving as quickly as it is, all the ashewo joints, beer parlours, mama puts, drug dens, etc have been broken up. The work began late last year, lets wait and see.
Small correction. Dangote is "adopting" Abuja Stadium.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."