Aina, Lookman and Adarabioyo vs Sheff United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aina, Lookman and Adarabioyo vs Sheff United

Post by oloye »

The Lookman guy plays with typical naija swagger, for someone who went through his football development in the UK, I am amazed he is still able to keep that swag. The drag of the feet,, the drop of the shoulder, the glide and no look passes... Ademola Lookman is a certified naija boy.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lookman na baller. He will probably even be more comfortable in the SE than club football. He had a quiet first half but impressed in the second half and his goal na helele.

Aina looks tentative, but he was solid defensively.

Adarabioyo looks cool calm and collected. Reminds me of Uche Okechukwu.

Lookman though is the gem. There are not many players that operate like him anymore. See how the other Fullham winger was playing like a robot. I wonder what it is with these modern footballers that they are so uncreative.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote:Lookman na baller. He will probably even be more comfortable in the SE than club football. He had a quiet first half but impressed in the second half and his goal na helele.

Lookman though is the gem. There are not many players that operate like him anymore. See how the other Fullham winger was playing like a robot. I wonder what it is with these modern footballers that they are so uncreative.
Abi! Naija baller, England wouldn’t know what to do with him!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can Southgate still stop lookman from switching ? If we get lookman then its bye bye to wasteful kalu and chukwueze.
Kai awon fans! una be like ashawo! :rotf:
Last edited by gochino on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:Lookman na baller. He will probably even be more comfortable in the SE than club football. He had a quiet first half but impressed in the second half and his goal na helele.

Thank God England are quite stacked in the position he plays in, at least they won't be LOOKING in his direction anytime soon. And what's with the delay with Lookman*s nationality switch? Akpoguma's own was fast, even Ejaria switch process was fast.
justpower
Egg
Egg

Post by justpower »

I'm excited to see the right wing-AM play between Iwobi and Lookman for SE. Our team is taking a formidable shape. Our midfield is solid, backs are solid, forwards are solid. We need a solid CD to complete our spine of Osimhen, Ndidi and ........
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

My takes from match.

Aina - offered nothing in attack. Quite shocking to be honest. OK defensively but considering he didn't attack at all he was caught out a few times.

Adarabioyo- good with distribution, and calm on ball, but left his man for far too many free headers in the first half.

Lookman - Quiet first half but came to life in the 2nd with a well taken goal. He had another shot which may have scored blocked at the last moment, and also dribbled and put in a great cross for the wasteful Mitrovic. Lookman can dribble, pass, shoot, and even pit in crosses it seems. A complete player, I still maintain on current form he is our best winger.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gochino wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can Southgate still stop lookman from switching ? If we get lookman then its bye bye to wasteful kalu and chukwueze.
Kai awon fans! una be like ashawo! :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:My takes from match.

Aina - offered nothing in attack. Quite shocking to be honest. OK defensively but considering he didn't attack at all he was caught out a few times.

Adarabioyo- good with distribution, and calm on ball, but left his man for far too many free headers in the first half.

Lookman - Quiet first half but came to life in the 2nd with a well taken goal. He had another shot which may have scored blocked at the last moment, and also dribbled and put in a great cross for the wasteful Mitrovic. Lookman can dribble, pass, shoot, and even pit in crosses it seems. A complete player, I still maintain on current form he is our best winger.

He needs to be better defensively to be considered the complete package. But his offensive game is pure quality. His biggest asset to me is his football intelligence. That's what will take him places.

Glad to see him back in form after a couple of rocky seasons.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Abeg for those in the know, why's Lookman's nationality switch taking this much time?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:

The exact same problem Eze has had all his young career.
Different player, different role, same problem.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Do you think it was a good idea for Adarabioyo to join Fulham? :D
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Do you think it was a good idea for Adarabioyo to join Fulham? :D
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Nope.

Wish he had finally gone for a team like Leeds... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ummmmmm Herr Rohr,

Please Do anything you can do to get Ademola Lookman to switch. We could really use him

...And this is the first time I’m watching him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:Ummmmmm Herr Rohr,

Please Do anything you can do to get Ademola Lookman to switch. We could really use him

On Match of The Day 2 tonight, they singled him out as an exceptional player.
The more he puts in these kind of performances the more he attracts media attention.

If he has started or even completed his switch, we are safe.
If he hasn't, then another tug-of-war will commence.
I said it last year: the Abraham/Tomori saga was just the beginning.

England at some point will have to give up, because no way are they going to populate their Three Lions with players from Oyo, Edo, Anambra and Rivers states. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good to see that everybody is in agreement that the boy is good. That is the sign of a good player. Now, we would need to see how he performs in the GWG if we suceed in “tapping” him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The hype is too much o. Na Sheffiled united dem be dey play o ..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:Ummmmmm Herr Rohr,

On Match of The Day 2 tonight, they singled him out as an exceptional player.
The more he puts in these kind of performances the more he attracts media attention.

If he has started or even completed his switch, we are safe.
If he hasn't, then another tug-of-war will commence.
I said it last year: the Abraham/Tomori saga was just the beginning.

England at some point will have to give up, because no way are they going to populate their Three Lions with players from Oyo, Edo, Anambra and Rivers states. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Let’s hope so. What I hope is that they don’t “burn” these guys ..to use an American term...and make them ineligible for Nigeria, while hanging out on the outskirts of the England squad.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:The hype is too much o. Na Sheffiled united dem be dey play o ..
My broda. No one is calling him the 2nd coming but this guy is fast, mobile, skillful and has real goal scoring talent. He’s made for Nigeria. The boy is legit.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:
My broda. No one is calling him the 2nd coming but this guy is fast, mobile, skillful and has real goal scoring talent. He’s made for Nigeria. The boy is legit.

After seing the extended highlight, my starting 11 in the next game will be..

Akpeyi
Awaziem
Ekong
Balogun
Ebuehi
Aribo (based on hype here and with Ndidi injured... I have not seeing him play )
Etebo
Moses Simon
Lookman (60 mins to start, 30 mins for Chukwueze)
Iwobi
Osimhen (Osimhen name dey confuse me to spell, why can't we just call him Osi boy jr.?)
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Sheffield was one of the best defensive teams last season. This season they havent been so bad defensively as well.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

oloye wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:That number 9 is a major liability ;missed a pen and gives one away. They should take him off
He is the reason why they got promotion, not once but twice. He just had a terrible day today, he usually tucks in those headers. He is probably their all time highest goal scorer, he has been their goleador 3 or 4 seasons running now. Without him, they hardly score. Don't know what happened to him today.

Sorry sir

Mitrovic is useless. He played for Newcastle before he moved to Fulham. Championship is his level. Even at that Level, he was not the best.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.