Give Amunike the job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Give Amunike the job

Post by Bigpokey24 »

call in Finidi as his assistant with yobo... watch us excel
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Give Amunike the job

Post by vancity eagle »

Only on CE will people advocate hiring a coach WHO FINISHED DEAD LAST OF 24 TEAMS.

DEAD LAST.

0 points and minus 6 goal differential.

This is a special type of mental disability.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Only on CE will people advocate hiring a coach WHO FINISHED DEAD LAST OF 24 TEAMS.

DEAD LAST.

From what I'm hearing, there are strong indications Amunike might be hired... Although there are about 4 coaches that have been lined up for interviews in the coming weeks.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Qualified Tanzania for their first AFCON in over 30 years :clap: :clap: :clap: I paid very close attention to their performances and it was very clear he emphasizes a lot on playing as a unit and spatial awareness, the players just lacked the quality for his tactics to be fully effective at that stage. I'm sure he'd bring the best out of the likes of Iwobi and Chukwueze.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Only on CE will people advocate hiring a coach WHO FINISHED DEAD LAST OF 24 TEAMS.

DEAD LAST.

From what I'm hearing, there are strong indications Amunike might be hired... Although there are about 4 coaches that have been lined up for interviews in the coming weeks.
Then God help us.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote:Qualified Tanzania for their first AFCON in over 30 years :clap: :clap: :clap: I paid very close attention to their performances and it was very clear he emphasizes a lot on playing as a unit and spatial awareness, the players just lacked the quality for his tactics to be fully effective at that stage. I'm sure he'd bring the best out of the likes of Iwobi and Chukwueze.
He finished dead last in the entire ANC.

This is the type of mediocrity you want to replace a coach who is top of his group.

I just laugh.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:Qualified Tanzania for their first AFCON in over 30 years :clap: :clap: :clap: I paid very close attention to their performances and it was very clear he emphasizes a lot on playing as a unit and spatial awareness, the players just lacked the quality for his tactics to be fully effective at that stage. I'm sure he'd bring the best out of the likes of Iwobi and Chukwueze.

This is the type of mediocrity you want to replace a coach who is top of his group.

I just laugh.
To be fair, given the very limited talent Tanzania have, qualification was probably the closest as they could get as a major sporting achievement. Now Amunike isn't my first choice off the top of my head... but one thing is certain, we ain't winning sh*t anytime soon with Rohr... so any change is an improvement for me at this point.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:

DEAD LAST.

Really? Thus, coach Rohr is going to be fired? Just asking, bro
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Odas wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

DEAD LAST.

Really? Thus, coach Rohr is going to be fired? Just asking, bro
Yes
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.
Vancity eagles (VE), I think some of these fans calling for coach Rohr's head are agents. They will also be the first to disappear if their 'miracle coach' is hired and the coach is not doing well.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you watch any of their qualifiers for that tournament? I will support Amunike if he is hired by Nigeria, but you guys are setting him up for failure. He won 2 out of 6 games in a group comprising of Lesotho, Uganda and Cape Verde to qualify Tanzania for the tournament, while Rohr on the other hand won 4 out of 6 games in a group comprising of South Africa, Lybia and Seychelles. I watched one of their games against Lesotho on Bein sports and they were piss poor. Granted Nigeria has more talented players than Tanzania, but let's not use that qualification as justification of why he should be hired for the SE. The best argument for him in my oppinion is that he coached most of the current players in the SE at the U17 level, so he may be able get the best out of them. Tactically, I did not see anything from his Tazania team that suggest he would do better for Nigeria.

Not argueing against hiring him, just to let you know big punky doesn't think things through before posting it here, so you should not just buy what he posts hook, line, and sinker. He aint gat no gaddem job, so he does not know better. Likewise, take anything for Kongi with a bowl of salt, and anything from Yemiwoodberrybrassiere with a bucket of salt. They aint gat not jobs either!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.
You really want to talk about Rohr's record before he became our coach?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1naija wrote:
Did you watch any of their qualifiers for that tournament? I will support Amunike if he is hired by Nigeria, but you guys are setting him up for failure. He won 2 out of 6 games in a group comprising of Lesotho, Uganda and Cape Verde to qualify Tanzania for the tournament, while Rohr on the other hand won 4 out of 6 games in a group comprising of South Africa, Lybia and Seychelles. I watched one of their games against Lesotho on Bein sports and they were piss poor. Granted Nigeria has more talented players than Tanzania, but let's not use that qualification as justification of why he should be hired for the SE. The best argument for him in my oppinion is that he coached most of the current players in the SE at the U17 level, so he may be able get the best out of them. Tactically, I did not see anything from his Tazania team that suggest he would do better for Nigeria.

Not argueing against hiring him, just to let you know big punky doesn't think things through before posting it here, so you should not just buy what he posts hook, line, and sinker. He aint gat no gaddem job, so he does not know better. Likewise, take anything for Kongi with a bowl of salt, and anything from Yemiwoodberrybrassiere with a bucket of salt. They aint gat not jobs either!
Of course and as I said he had a very clear gameplan, he just didn’t have the best quality of players to execute it properly. He and a very impressive U17 team but stumbled with the U20's so it was interesting that he got the Tanzania gig in the first place and given that most of our coaches are rarely hired abroad sets him apart from the majority of our local coaches. And unlike the case of Oliseh there's less hype and a bit more substance in what we expect from him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.

His record is FAR SUPERIOR to Amunike or any of the other names being touted

He coached Gabon to the top of their group in 2012 overachieving by beating both Tunisia and Morocco

In 2013 he again overachieved by coaching Niger to a draw with DR Congo, losses to Ghana and Mali are expected. Even the loss to Mali was only 1-0. That is a good result for Niger.

Plus he also has experience coaching top French clubs.

Yet your Amunike finished DEAD LAST of 24 teams, couldn't even beat or draw with Kenya, and this is who you want to take over our SE.

Give me a break.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

1naija wrote:

He coached them in 5 games in the qualifier and won 2 lost 2 and drew 1 getting 4 points out of Uganda in the process. I watched the game against Uganda. He set up his team to move the ball very quickly in that game, closing up the opponents and not letting them breathe. It left the Ugandans grasping at straws. I was disappointed they couldn't do better in the tourney proper especially the game against Kenya. They should have won that game.

Anyways, back to my J.O.B :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.
To be fair, given the very limited talent Tanzania have, qualification was probably the closest as they could get as a major sporting achievement. Now Amunike isn't my first choice off the top of my head... but one thing is certain, we ain't winning sh*t anytime soon with Rohr... so any change is an improvement for me at this point.
Aburo, that is the recklessness that has plagued Nigeria and Nigerian football for over 40 years.
You might not realise it, but from this it seems you are plagued by the same Nigerian disease: failure to think things through, plan and make a well-researched, calculated decision based on it.

You might be of the #EndSARS generation, but you are thinking just like the 'Off-mike' generation. :idea:

Reject it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.

He coached Gabon to the top of their group in 2012 overachieving by beating both Tunisia and Morocco

In 2013 he again overachieved by coaching Niger to a draw with DR Congo, losses to Ghana and Mali are expected. Even the loss to Mali was only 1-0. That is a good result for Niger.

Yet your Amunike finished DEAD LAST of 24 teams, couldn't even beat or draw with Kenya, and this is who you want to take over our SE.

Give me a break.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nigerians....we can justify anything.
Any wonder why our government are the way they are?
Kai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.

Give me a break.
That Gabon team that were hosts and had Aubameyang to rely on for goals? You're saying he overachieved with Niger with 13 losses in 23 games? Chai :oops: Then at Burkina Faso he won 3 out of 11 games.

Bare in mind these are all far bigger footballing nations than Tanzania who had not even qualified for an AFCON in 30 years and made just their 2nd appearance at the tournament. We've seen how Rohr's results have improved with our much better quality players as well as some AFCON winners that he even got his first ever medal (Bronze) as a coach with us despite it not being anything new to us.

Common sense tells me that with better players Amunike can build a far better team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I just laugh.

Give me a break.
That Gabon team that were hosts and had Aubameyang to rely on for goals? You're saying he overachieved with Niger with 13 losses in 23 games? Chai :oops: Then at Burkina Faso he won 3 out of 11 games.

Bare in mind these are all far bigger footballing nations than Tanzania who had not even qualified for an AFCON in 30 years and made just their 2nd appearance at the tournament. We've seen how Rohr's results have improved with our much better quality players as well as some AFCON winners that he even got his first ever medal (Bronze) as a coach with us despite it not being anything new to us.

Common sense tells me that with better players Amunike can build a far better team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Vansilly the Treasonous Eagle is looking at skin color here.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I miss the good old days when we used calculator to calculate if we will qualify, when we missed Nations cup back to back , drew with mighty Angola. Kenya and South Africa in Kano , Calabar and Uyo.
I miss those good old days when we argued over why Ruben Gabriel and Uchebo went to the world cup or why lzuna Uzochukwu was invited and Sylvester Igboun given the no 10 jersey if I remember correctly Mikel was benched for him.
I miss coaches and players having beef and we not knowing what point we need to qualify for the Nations cup in Egypt.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

google **** as coach when he way as Niger Republic...then come back and apologize
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

imehjunior wrote:I miss the good old days when we used calculator to calculate if we will qualify, when we missed Nations cup back to back , drew with mighty Angola. Kenya and South Africa in Kano , Calabar and Uyo.
I miss those good old days when we argued over why Ruben Gabriel and Uchebo went to the world cup or why lzuna Uzochukwu was invited and Sylvester Igboun given the no 10 jersey if I remember correctly Mikel was benched for him.
I miss coaches and players having beef and we not knowing what point we need to qualify for the Nations cup in Egypt.
i miss the days we never ever lost to SA at home, i miss the days we never ever gave up 4 goals at home to a crap team like Salone, i miss the days we never lost a single game to a minnow in AFCON...I miss the days were we controlled possession vs any AFCON team... today nah to park bus and hope for a long ball to get some trash goal...5 defenders vs salone...chei naija done suffer

FYI the SE chopped 2 goals from craps like Lesotho and 4 freaking goals from a trash team like Salone...let that sink in , talkless of no single reply vs madagascar , a freaking cartoon nation

to top all gbosa, we failed to win a single footballing match in the year 2020. now that is a record... also we set another record of having the worst Nigerian defense in the history of all AFCONS
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The thread is amazing. We’re actually comparing who has been more bad (the word “worse” doesn’t quite work here so I’m going with “more bad”) as opposed to who has a better record.
Maybe Rohr had a bad record before. But surely, that doesn’t make the case for someone else who clearly has a bad record and didn’t last with a minnow. I mean I really love Emma, but we gotta aim higher y’all.
Or stick with what we’ve got.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.