Nigeria vs. Argentina, 1994,2002,2010,2014,2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina, 1994,2002,2010,2014, 2018

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Hopefully we don't ever meet them again ever. They have owned us over 2 decades. Enough is enough.
To be honest, I hope we get them again. We really need to overcome this block
Yeah, but it will take a lot of winning by us to overcome what they already did to us. Either way, I agree with you we should play them again. At least, get one win against them, lol
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina, 1994,2002,2010,2014, 2018

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
highbury wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Hopefully we don't ever meet them again ever. They have owned us over 2 decades. Enough is enough.
To be honest, I hope we get them again. We really need to overcome this block

To be fair to us each time we faced them they had either Maradona, Batistuta or Messi on the pitch.

The WC we beat Argentina is the WC we will get to the final, because you have to have top quality, clinical finishers and a resolute defense to beat Argentina. They will test your defense and test it very often all game. The few times you have the ball, you have to make it count.

Messi's powers are declining and I don't see any other outstanding players on the horizon for Argentina, so maybe they will enter a period of decline to make it easier for us.

Argentina always has a Maradona or Messi like figure for them. Ortega, Batistuta etc. This time they have Martinez. The only way to beat them is to take full advantage of the chances you have and keep things tight at the back. If Misses Ighalo had scored that 1v1, we would be celebrating till tomorow. I hope we draw them again. We will beat them soon. It only a matter of time and THEY know it.
There are only three contenders for GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME.
Two of them you have very casually mentioned in one sentence. :D
Surely, the god of soccer must deem it fit to allocate the next GOAT contender to Nigeria.
Dem don peppeh us too much. It is time to onion dem back - run rings around them and then add salt to injury by serving them 3 unreplied goals, one for each WC defeat dem use us drink garri.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina, 1994,2002,2010,2014,2018

Post by wiseone »

Oh drat. Nigeria getting manhandled by Argentina at nearly every World Cup has become a social media meme.