The NPFL is being streamed online in HD @NPFL.tv

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The NPFL is being streamed online in HD @NPFL.tv

Post by Purity »

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr Amaju Melvin Pinnick has approved the recommendation of the League Management Company (LMC) for the appointment of Davidson Owumi as the new Chief Executive Officer of the organizing body for the Nigeria Professional Football League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koiJahtbv7s
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sunset wrote:https://www.npfl.tv/football/npfl/league/1/home
You get a free 7 day trial when you register and the monthly subscription is about $5 a month.

I have to say I was pretty skeptical about how they would execute it based on the lack of transparency but from what I saw, the quality of production trumps every league in West Africa. I watched the Uyo derby earlier and minus the issues at the start it was a pretty decent production. Its still a work in progress and covering 2 out of 10 games isn't that much but its much better than how things were for the last few seasons. The games are also aired on NTA's network as well.

The next game they're covering is the Aba derby between Enyimba & Abia Warriors

Bros thanks for sharing! this is a great development. Ill def suscribe once the free trial is over on the 20th.

Watdhing the replay of the Rivers vs Rangers game. Haba for dis pitch? where are the herdsmen to come help trim dis crass with dia cows. Difficult to move the ball on the ground.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:
You get a free 7 day trial when you register and the monthly subscription is about $5 a month.

I have to say I was pretty skeptical about how they would execute it based on the lack of transparency but from what I saw, the quality of production trumps every league in West Africa. I watched the Uyo derby earlier and minus the issues at the start it was a pretty decent production. Its still a work in progress and covering 2 out of 10 games isn't that much but its much better than how things were for the last few seasons. The games are also aired on NTA's network as well.

Bros thanks for sharing! this is a great development. Ill def suscribe once the free trial is over on the 20th.

Watdhing the replay of the Rivers vs Rangers game. Haba for dis pitch? where are the herdsmen to come help trim dis crass with dia cows. Difficult to move the ball on the ground.
:boo: :boo: :boo: If that's Rangers Pitch.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: if that's Rivers united pitch.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:boo: :boo: :boo: If that's Rangers Pitch.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: if that's Rivers united pitch.
:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

MUST BE WORTH CHECKING OUT SINCE...

...everyone's saying how good it is.
Bell
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very pleased to hear about this. Hopefully this will kill many birds with one stone by generating revenue for the NPFL improving the the league's profile, and also highlighting talents who are not on the national team or bigger club's radars.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

I tried it and i must sayi was impressed with the audio and video quality. I will be subscribing to this.

Hopefully, they can also add national teams to the stream
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Akure4Life wrote:I tried it and i must sayi was impressed with the audio and video quality. I will be subscribing to this.

Akure4Life,

That really will pull in subscribers. The problem is that the NPFL or even the NFF probably do not own the rights to produce or show games involving SE in either the WCQ or the ANCQ. The only games that they may be able to screen are the exhibition games. That is my guess.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:I tried it and i must sayi was impressed with the audio and video quality. I will be subscribing to this.

Akure4Life,

That really will pull in subscribers. The problem is that the NPFL or even the NFF probably do not own the rights to produce or show games involving SE in either the WCQ or the ANCQ. The only games that they may be able to screen are the exhibition games. That is my guess.
EII,

SuperSports show our national teams so I wonder if adding them to the stream will pull in more subscribers, bearing in mind also that they do not play regularly. What I think will pull in more subscribers is to increase the number of matches they show. Since fans do not go to the stadia for now, I believe they will be keen to subscribe if their teams are shown every week rather than the current once in like four weeks.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Akure4Life,

EII,

SuperSports show our national teams so I wonder if adding them to the stream will pull in more subscribers, bearing in mind also that they do not play regularly. What I think will pull in more subscribers is to increase the number of matches they show. Since fans do not go to the stadia for now, I believe they will be keen to subscribe if their teams are shown every week rather than the current once in like four weeks.

ukwala,

I agree that adding more NPFL matches will help. In fact, that is the plan as I understand it. The only hold up at the moment is availability of equipment funds (cost-wise) to handle additional games as well as transporting the equipment at ridiculously long distances on time (e.g. covering a game in Maidugri and then covering a ridiculously long distance to cover the next in Lagos as an example). The distance issue may force NPFL-TV to create centers in some zones to ease travel distances.

On covering SE matches, in my view it is not based on volume of SE matches. The NPFL-TV guys currently do not have money to bid against the bigger units in order to cover the SE competitive games. In my view while the SE games left are friendlies (after the big rights owners take the competitive games) which are few and far between.

I will still go for those few, based on multiple reasons. First, it will pull in far more viewers and subscribers than any NPFL games will. Two, while it is true that such SE games are few and far-between, bear in mind that a subscribing requirements can be such that you cannot pay to watch just that SE game, you may be required to subscribe for a certain timeline.

As soon as fans are sucked-in, the money won't be refunded. Moreover, even at the end of a fan's subscription term, the fan may want to stay on and those who leave at that point may just be a fraction of those who initially subscribed because of SE games which still leaves NPFL-TV with a gain of subscribers.

That is my rationale.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Akure4Life,

EII,

ukwala,

I agree that adding more NPFL matches will help. In fact, that is the plan as I understand it. The only hold up at the moment is availability of equipment funds (cost-wise) to handle additional games as well as transporting the equipment at ridiculously long distances on time (e.g. covering a game in Maidugri and then covering a ridiculously long distance to cover the next in Lagos as an example). The distance issue may force NPFL-TV to create centers in some zones to ease travel distances.

On covering SE matches, in my view it is not based on volume of SE matches. The NPFL-TV guys currently do not have money to bid against the bigger units in order to cover the SE competitive games. In my view while the SE games left are friendlies (after the big rights owners take the competitive games) which are few and far between.

I will still go for those few, based on multiple reasons. First, it will pull in far more viewers and subscribers than any NPFL games will. Two, while it is true that such SE games are few and far-between, bear in mind that a subscribing requirements can be such that you cannot pay to watch just that SE game, you may be required to subscribe for a certain timeline.

As soon as fans are sucked-in, the money won't be refunded. Moreover, even at the end of a fan's subscription term, the fan may want to stay on and those who leave at that point may just be a fraction of those who initially subscribed because of SE games which still leaves NPFL-TV with a gain of subscribers.

That is my rationale.
EII,

You make a good point. Subscription is on a monthly basis, like for cable tv, and SE games will increase the subscription no doubt, particularly in the months they play. At the end of the day, the subscription numbers will be determined by the willingness or capability of fans to subscribe and spend their data streaming 2-hour matches online. The average cost per week will be significantly higher than going to the stadium which they were hardly doing.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

They are streaming 5 matches this round (matchday 9) The NPFL seems to be scheduling home matches for clubs in nearby towns to be able to cover as many games as possible. This round, they'll cover matches in Aba, Uyo (2 matches) and Port Harcourt (2 matches). IfeanyiUbah is having to play a home match in Port Harcourt same day as Rivers United ostensibly to be part of the live coverage.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Rohr in the stands watching Rivers United Vs Enyimba in the CAF Confederations cup. Checking on Anayo Iwuala?
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Enyimba wins on penalties
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

lacidi wrote:Enyimba wins on penalties
Big game experience. That field is atrocious though.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:Rohr in the stands watching Rivers United Vs Enyimba in the CAF Confederations cup. Checking on Anayo Iwuala?
I like the fact that he is now getting to these games in what appears to be regularly. Maybe the NFF bigwigs have put the pressure on him. Whatever it is, it is all good.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

John Noble for Super Eagles!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?
The less said the better. That the NFF or whoever inspected that sand dune and approved it says a lot.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?
The less said the better. That the NFF or whoever inspected that sand dune and approved it says a lot.

That is not the NPFL. I believe that is some other game.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?

That is not the NPFL. I believe that is some other game.
EII,

The twitter post says the match was between Godosky and Ibom Youth in the NNL (2nd tier of Nigerian football). That pitch should never be approved for even division 4 football.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ukwala wrote:
folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?
Our brothers in Ghana are in the same quagmire.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
folem wrote:
ukwala wrote:
what bout dis?
Our brothers in Ghana are in the same quagmire.
The problems bedevilling our football are continent-wide, mostly driven by poverty, corruption and incompetence.