Nigeria hoping to pinch Danjuma from the Netherlands

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Posted By Admin On March 1st, 2021 07:10 PM | Dutchmen Abroad, News, Oranje

Nigeria are hoping to convince Bournemouth winger Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld to represent them despite his two caps for the Netherlands.

The attacker made his Netherlands debut against Germany in a Nations League game in 2018, and also featured in the friendly against Belgium. He has not been seen in Oranje since, though.

According to The Sun, Nigeria are hoping to take advantage of new FIFA rules, which makes it easier for a player to change nations. The new rule means a player is not committed unless they play three competitive games for a nation.

Danjuma has a Dutch mother and Nigerian father, but has previously pledged allegiance to Oranje. He even spoke in December about his hopes of getting a call-up from Frank de Boer.

He told AD, “Oranje is in my head, but I wonder whether it is appreciated what I show across the border. I have the qualities for Oranje, but of course, I am not the national coach. The European Championship, soon the World Cup, those are dreams. “

Danjuma has made 21 league appearances for Bournemouth this season, scoring seven times.
http://www.football-oranje.com/nigeria- ... therlands/
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria hoping to pinch Danjuma from the Netherlands

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote:Nigeria hoping to pinch Danjuma from the Netherlands
Posted By Admin On March 1st, 2021 07:10 PM | Dutchmen Abroad, News, Oranje

Nigeria are hoping to convince Bournemouth winger Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld to represent them despite his two caps for the Netherlands.

The attacker made his Netherlands debut against Germany in a Nations League game in 2018, and also featured in the friendly against Belgium. He has not been seen in Oranje since, though.

According to The Sun, Nigeria are hoping to take advantage of new FIFA rules, which makes it easier for a player to change nations. The new rule means a player is not committed unless they play three competitive games for a nation.

Danjuma has a Dutch mother and Nigerian father, but has previously pledged allegiance to Oranje. He even spoke in December about his hopes of getting a call-up from Frank de Boer.

He told AD, “Oranje is in my head, but I wonder whether it is appreciated what I show across the border. I have the qualities for Oranje, but of course, I am not the national coach. The European Championship, soon the World Cup, those are dreams. “

Danjuma has made 21 league appearances for Bournemouth this season, scoring seven times.
http://www.football-oranje.com/nigeria- ... therlands/
Agents at work :lol: ! This might be his agents underbelly scheme to force Dutch soccer manager or officials for a national team call-up.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Danjuma was 21 when he had his two caps for Netherlands. Is he still eligible to switch under the new FIFA rules?
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eze we no fit pick, Tosin na lie,Saka sagalo us......all dem no do, no Groenveld we chase now. We too like punishment fat kid likes candy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nigerians and shortcut to success!... League den no wan develop, under age competition den no wan take seriously, but na to dey pursue players wen get 0 interest den sabi!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Don't you losers like iworo and the clueless nff gets tired of embarrassing una sefs with trying to force folks on players who aren't interested. Smh.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Are these guys effing serious !!!

This guy isn't even good enough to make a SE 23. He's playing in championship and not even setting the place alight.

Who are these people who want to keep sinking so low to beg guys who rejected us to play for us ?

I mean I'm for foreign borns so long as they want to play for us and so long as they are better than what we already have. For heavens sake.

He should apply for Surinam, Curacao, or one of the other Dutch colonies.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He has chosen the Netherlands. We wish him well with his choice. If he is still eligible to play for Nigeria, he shoukd go to the back of the queue, far beyond the fully committed players.