10 observations I have to make about the Lesotho game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 observations I have to make about the Lesotho game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I like the fact Tyronne Ebuehi and Zaidu Sanusi played well as fullbacks. They both managed to get up and down along the flanks well

[2] I am really pissed off about the fact that Rohr did not feature Chigozie Awaziem and Semi Ajayi in central defence. Is there any section in Nigeria's constitution that says Leon Balogun and William Ekong have to start every Super Eagles match?

[3] Given how much possession we had, we needed out centrebacks to play the ball out of defence. Clearly, Balogun and Ekong are not up to this and the NFF now needs to get tough on Rohr. Enough of his nonsense

[4] The fact that Ekong is playing for lowly Watford in the English Championship says it all. We have numerous better centrebacks but he chose to go with a Championship player. We all saw how Ekong not only bagged a yellow card but nearly cost us a goal too. His days as a Super Eagles starter are long over

[5] In midfield today, we were very irresponsible. We gave the ball away too often. Wilfred Ndidi dare not pl;ay that way for Leicester City

[6] Our build-up play was too slow and our passing forward was too pedestrian. Do not be deceived by the 3-0 scoreline. The Lesothans played with 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes

[7] I do not understand who Rohr started Iheanacho when he was not playing 3-5-2. Our team would have had more balance with Onyekuru and Chukwueze playing out wide, freeing up Iwobi to play as a proper number 10

[8] What I find totally unforgivable today was Rohr bringing on the clubless Ahmed Musa. Only a madman ready for admission into the lunatic asylum plays a player who has not kicked a ball in anger since October in a competitive game. Rohr's actions are a big insult to all those hardworking Nigerian players out there doing their best to get into the national team

[9] Today, there were too many misplaced passes, not enough movement off the ball, too many heavy touches and very pedestrian build-ups. Not up to Nigerian standards of play at all. Kelechi Iheanacho appears to always have to to trap the ball a meter away from himself

[10] From what I can see, Rohr is simply never going to change. Once he likes a player, he plays you, irrespective of form or if there are better alternatives available. What is driving me crazy about all this is the fact that it is too close to Qatar 2022 to replace him. I guess we will just have to bear it. If we do not qualify for the World Cup, so be it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 observations I have to make about the Lesotho game

Post by txj »

Somebody needs a cold one...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I like the fact Tyronne Ebuehi and Zaidu Sanusi played well as fullbacks. They both managed to get up and down along the flanks well

[2] I am really pissed off about the fact that Rohr did not feature Chigozie Awaziem and Semi Ajayi in central defence. Is there any section in Nigeria's constitution that says Leon Balogun and William Ekong have to start every Super Eagles match?

[3] Given how much possession we had, we needed out centrebacks to play the ball out of defence. Clearly, Balogun and Ekong are not up to this and the NFF now needs to get tough on Rohr. Enough of his nonsense

[4] The fact that Ekong is playing for lowly Watford in the English Championship says it all. We have numerous better centrebacks but he chose to go with a Championship player. We all saw how Ekong not only bagged a yellow card but nearly cost us a goal too. His days as a Super Eagles starter are long over

[5] In midfield today, we were very irresponsible. We gave the ball away too often. Wilfred Ndidi dare not pl;ay that way for Leicester City

[6] Our build-up play was too slow and our passing forward was too pedestrian. Do not be deceived by the 3-0 scoreline. The Lesothans played with 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes

[7] I do not understand who Rohr started Iheanacho when he was not playing 3-5-2. Our team would have had more balance with Onyekuru and Chukwueze playing out wide, freeing up Iwobi to play as a proper number 10

[8] What I find totally unforgivable today was Rohr bringing on the clubless Ahmed Musa. Only a madman ready for admission into the lunatic asylum plays a player who has not kicked a ball in anger since October in a competitive game. Rohr's actions are a big insult to all those hardworking Nigerian players out there doing their best to get into the national team

[9] Today, there were too many misplaced passes, not enough movement off the ball, too many heavy touches and very pedestrian build-ups. Not up to Nigerian standards of play at all. Kelechi Iheanacho appears to always have to to trap the ball a meter away from himself

[10] From what I can see, Rohr is simply never going to change. Once he likes a player, he plays you, irrespective of form or if there are better alternatives available. What is driving me crazy about all this is the fact that it is too close to Qatar 2022 to replace him. I guess we will just have to bear it. If we do not qualify for the World Cup, so be it
Did we watch the same Match?? Apart from no 1& 8, I disagree with everything.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Somebody needs a hug. :shock:
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Everyone can have an opinion, but it is odd that in a match where the two centrebacks easily shut out the opposition and Iheanacho broke the deadlock with a wonderful assist, that these are the three players you single out for criticism. In fact, 5 of the 10 points are dedicated to those three. It was a good run out and a pretty thorough victory over an inferior side who were playing very defensively, don't really see much to complain about.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

olumide wrote:Everyone can have an opinion, but it is odd that in a match where the two centrebacks easily shut out the opposition and Iheanacho broke the deadlock with a wonderful assist, that these are the three players you single out for criticism. In fact, 5 of the 10 points are dedicated to those three. It was a good run out and a pretty thorough victory over an inferior side who were playing very defensively, don't really see much to complain about.
Some people just want their favorite players starting. Good results or not.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Thought this was one of the SE best performances in a long long time.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Did the Eagles string six passes together all 90 minutes?