Ex-Nigerian youth player: Lucky to Be Alive #GazaRockets

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kendo
Egg
Egg
Ex-Nigerian youth player: Lucky to Be Alive #GazaRockets

Post by kendo »

Former Nigeria under-23 striker Ibezito Ogbonna says he is lucky to be alive after his apartment in the Israeli city of Ashdod was hit by a rocket fired from Gaza last week.

The 38-year-old, who won the Israeli Cup with Hapoel Tel Aviv in 2006 and 2007, was at home with his wife and two young daughters when the building suffered a direct hit.

His family were unhurt, but Ogbonna was injured and taken to hospital following injuries sustained during the explosion that was part of a recent 11-day escalation in violence between Israel and Gaza.

"I am extremely lucky to be alive after this rocket was fired and it's third time lucky for me after being involved in a car crash and a horrible robbery incident in Nigeria," Ogbonna told BBC Sport Africa.

"We were all aware of the attempt [possible strike] and we always get the warning signs about possible missiles. We often hear as sirens echoed across the city streets which tends to prompt people to rush to a shelter.

"On this day I was having breakfast and I heard the wailing siren. Normally, we'd run to the shelter because every house has its own shelter. I felt it's the normal warning, but within seconds it turned out to be an unlucky day for me.

"I heard the loud bang of the rocket and felt the immediate impact, I was thrown into the air and it took me from my dinning room to my living room.
Click link for full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/57227069
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ex-Nigerian youth player: Lucky to Be Alive #GazaRockets

Post by mcal »

...why anyone will want to live in that racist jungle called Israel.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

mcal wrote:...why anyone will want to live in that racist jungle called Israel.
Good question from someone living in America with all the racist incidents in the news.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Good question from someone living in America with all the racist incidents in the news.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: dude didn't think that post thoroughly before posting
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

1naija wrote:
Don't mind the follow follow clown that comments for clout.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:
...sorry to ruffle your nuts, the racist incidents in the US don't affect me, and will/may never affect me. Go chew on that.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:
Mcal might come across as erratic sometimes But his point here is valid and right on because American racism is like a drop of water in an ocean given the size of the country and population distribution etc as opposed to Israel which is only a few square miles in size; this implies that even though the institutional racism may exist in America but you may never physically encounter racists ever as opposed to Israel with no major black population except the Ethiopian Jews that merely number a few hundreds. A black person would stand out easily and more than likely to encounter both physical racism in addition to the systemic institutional racism which Israel is known for
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."