Forum Aesthetics: New Look and Feel…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Forum Aesthetics: New Look and Feel…

Post by Purity »

The colors too loud.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The new site format looks cool

Post by Dammy »

If it ain't broken, it doesn't need fixing. Please let's revert to our old format or have a vote about it. This new format is painful to the eyes!!
I am happy
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I am not feeling the new format. I take it thought was given to people with colorblindness etc.? either way the background is of very high contrast as opposed to the faded lime green. This is a harsh white background. Just honest feedback.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Looks like the bright colors are ruining it for those who sneak onto CE in the dark. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Try yellow instead of that red colour.

And change the black to orange.

Should be fine.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Needs to be a darker theme that is easy on the eye.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

I don't think that it is the brightness of the green. It is the green itself! A bit too edgy.

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Don’t like it. I think is will take some time to get use to it. I suppose we have to embrace change!!!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

the color schemes are really really hard on the eyes. especially the contrast between the green and orange.
  • The orange works as highlight color when be used sparingly to focus the eyes on a few relevant things (e.g. hovering, threads with unread posts, etc)
  • But too much of the orange with the green, is really really hard on the eyes. perhaps instead of having the entire "unread thread" title in orange, only the "unread indicator" is orange. This will reduce the amount of orange, one sees on the homepage
  • The green might be a little too light for some folks too. Personally, I am fine with it.
  • the black text font is too black. if we are going to go with light green theme, making the text font, slightly less dark will be helpful, but not too much gray or it will become hard to read.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Great feedback. The forum was running on pretty old SW all around. 1st step really was to get off that to something more current. That has now been done.
Next set of enhancements will be variation in themes to address some of the direct feedback provided.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Great job guys. :clap:

One thing I've noted. You can no longer see the merged "World Football" threads and "Eagles Nest" threads by simply clicking on "Strictly Soccer" page.
It appears you now have to manually click on either one, and navigate back and click the other to see the threads in there.

Can we adjust the settings back ? I'd like to see all the threads from the "strictly soccer" page. Too lazy to be clicking on too many buttons :taunt:

Gracias
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Amazing work guys. Never easy porting onto a new platform. Response times are so quick. Feels like a major upgrade.

I agree on the general challenges with the colours. I actually think the biggest issue from a VI perspective is the buttons are too dominant so you really struggle to focus the eye thus the sense of busyness. The UI should probably focus on highlighting key buttons and not have all of them “on” in bright green all the time.

But these are normal issues for a new release. Excited to see where you all take it with the feedback that’s been provided.

Thank you so much for your work.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

logged in today and liking the new look.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I like the look and I am definitely among the old guys here. This more clearly differentiates several things including old from new posts. In my view, changing periodically should be encouraged. Kudos for this change.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i like it, especially wheni access CE on my cell phone
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:17 pm Don’t like it. I think is will take some time to get use to it. I suppose we have to embrace change!!!
Yeah. Look what happened when we changed from Goodluck to Muhammadu :scared: ❗️

Cheers.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Will take sometime to adjust to. The orange/red topic headers no be am. black/green topic headers will be better IMHO.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

There’s a silver option you can try in your preferences, I like that one a little more. The orange & red wasn’t working for me.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

A darker shade of green would be fantastic.

Well done guys...
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Switch to the silver background color/edition guys.it’s way better.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm i like it, especially wheni access CE on my cell phone
Ah! That is an important factor!

The experience can be very different depending on your device. This does explain what looks like wild colours on a laptop. They will be deemphasized on a phone. Perhaps phpBB has moved to catering to mobile phones in the default configuration.

Anyway, an option seems to have appeared in the user control panel.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to the Murderator that accidentally discovered this modern look. It has significantly reduced the number of nonsensical posts on this forum. Notcie how Kongi and yemiwoodberrybrassiere have not posted anything since the new look. They are still trying to figure it out. I wish the accidental murderator would add "Jobs! Jobs!! Jobs!!!" to the main page to permanently keep them off the forum.

Even bigbelle pokey has reduced his number of posts to 5 posts a day. If this accident had happend few years ago, we probably would have been spared 50K of his 94000 posts.

Uncles Ohsee, Ghanaba, CIC very very old boy, and other great grandpas have backked off the forum with their hands up like that progressive Insurance commercial that asks homeowners that have turned into their dads .."who is ready to open a pdf?"
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

sinequanon wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:44 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm i like it, especially wheni access CE on my cell phone
Ah! That is an important factor!

The experience can be very different depending on your device. This does explain what looks like wild colours on a laptop. They will be deemphasized on a phone. Perhaps phpBB has moved to catering to mobile phones in the default configuration.

Anyway, an option seems to have appeared in the user control panel.
I don’t know what you mean by “deemphasozed”. It looks pretty bad on my iPhone. That means it must look really terrible on a laptop or desktop❗️

Cheers.