Anyone that hired Paul Aigbogun is a fraud!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Anyone that hired Paul Aigbogun is a fraud!!

Post by highbury »

If anyone saw his U20 team at the World Cup should have known that he is a very poor coach. This shows that corruption is rampant in the hiring of our coaches
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Anyone that hired Paul Aigbogun is a fraud!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

highbury wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 am If anyone saw his U20 team at the World Cup should have known that he is a very poor coach. This shows that corruption is rampant in the hiring of our coaches

It's not his fault. You cannot, cannot, I repeat cannot put players that have never played together in a hurry and expect them to beat a quality opponent first time out. This is a team we've never seen before. If Pep, Maurinho,southgate and Mancini coached this team together they would still have lost 4-0. We need to respect preparation,planning and learn from prior experiences. Having players does not mean you have a team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:06 am
highbury wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 am If anyone saw his U20 team at the World Cup should have known that he is a very poor coach. This shows that corruption is rampant in the hiring of our coaches

It's not his fault. You cannot, cannot, I repeat cannot put players that have never played together in a hurry and expect them to beat a quality opponent first time out. This is a team we've never seen before. If Pep, Maurinho,southgate and Mancini coached this team together they would still have lost 4-0. We need to respect preparation,planning and learn from prior experiences. Having players does not mean you have a team.
Correct. I doubt the objective was to 'beat 'Mexico. This is just exposure for the home based players. A number of them must be in awe.

What we need to do is BUILD on this.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What then was the point of the game? except the purpose was to give the home based players some vacation time to the USA I fail to whole sense behind this one.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:33 am

What then was the point of the game? except the purpose was to give the home based players some vacation time to the USA I fail to whole sense behind this one.
You can always learn something from any match. It is all about getting your objectives right from the onset.

I can take some positives from the match that we can build upon!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 is absolutely right : it was EXPOSURE.
The NFF said it weeks ago. THEY SAID IT AGAIN IN THE CE ZOOM MEET UP.
They even said part of it was in response to una complain say they are not nurturing home talent.
Una no wan hear.
Damned if you do, firing squad if you don’t.

There is more to come: Baltimore, November 2021. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:45 am

They even said part of it was in response to una complain say they are not nurturing home talent.
Una no wan hear.

Sorry, but that is bullsmanure.

When you build you start from the ground up. You don't start from the top floor. Yes, we need to nurture home-based talent and pay more attention to the CHAN team. However there is a proper way of doing things.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Una no wan hear.

That wasn't just EXPOSURE, they were stripped naked and exposed to the football elements.
You expect some basics done very well, even if the cohesion of a team is lacking....
It seems even the "basics" was missing...
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Lineup please, anyone?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:02 am

Una no wan hear.

That wasn't just EXPOSURE, they were stripped naked and exposed to the football elements.
You expect some basics done very well, even if the cohesion of a team is lacking....
It seems even the "basics" was missing...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I hear you though.
But methinks everybody is just too pained and embarrassed by the result.

When the same thing was done some years ago vs Catalonia or was it vs Athletico(?) nobody really complained.
In fact I won’t be surprised if there were calls for more of the same.
We can check the threads :idea:

Sorry, my bad.
It wasn’t Catalonia. It must have been Athletico.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Aigbogun's under 20 teams were really poor. Suprised he is still anywhere near our national teams. You would expect more from him considering he is one of the more experienced coaches we have, and also has some foreign coaching experience.
That being said, I wouldn't blame Aigbogun for the embarrassing loss to Mexico. It's not easy to take over a team last minute.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR,

People are looking simply for someone to blame. I guarantee you that the best coach in the world coaching a selected group of Nigerian players (foreign or homebased), that have not played together, have little chance of getting a draw with that Mexican team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics