We need to hire a local coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Bigpokey24
Posts: 93466
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth

We need to hire a local coach

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
1naija
Posts: 50464
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by 1naija »

Murderators, please delete this nonsense.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
Celebrity
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Celebrity »

Senior citizens also like big Fat Turkey legs to.
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Posts: 93466
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Celebrity wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:25 pm Senior citizens also like big Fat Turkey legs to.
so you have no issues with a national team coach who is 68 and will be 69 during the AFCON?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
Otitokoro
Posts: 8467
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Otitokoro »

Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Posts: 21236
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.

He's a dummy. He looks at their skin color and matches it to the players to determine where the coach is from. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Posts: 93466
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
Are any of those teams you listed using local coaches? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ooo, but once again try as much as possible to review what i wrote . Let me break it down one more time. The last 4 teams in the Euros ( now the two finalist are all using local coaches) the finalist in COPA America, are also using Local coaches . Come on now, please analyze things first ,also we will not win AFCON with a FC going forward and we will never win the WC with a FC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
highbury
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by highbury »

In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as incompetent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Last edited by highbury on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Damunk
Moderator
Posts: 45747
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
highbury
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
Easy question- Amunike.
Completely untrue- let's no go too far. Here in CE Van City is a Nigerian who does not trust any Nigerian to coach for the super Eagles. He believes they are corrupt.
Last edited by highbury on Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Damunk
Moderator
Posts: 45747
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
Easy question- Amunike.
Completely untrue- let's no go too far. Here in CE Van City is a Nigerian who does not trust any Nigerian to coach for the super Eagles. He believes they are in corrupt.
And you absolutely disagree with this, right?
Where does the evidence lie?

On Amuneke's coaching pedigree, what does the evidence suggest?

We ALL need honest answers.
Pls don't come at me with a mindset that I "worship white skin" and "lick white ar$e$"
Leave that one for the simple minded with 'issues'.
Please.
We just want to have a grown up discussion. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
paj
Posts: 51823
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by paj »

smh....BipPork trying to make sense is like a pet goat wandering into the kitchen trying to make Ewedu soup..good luck with that..
BADDEST JAM OF 2020 JUST LANDED!
TAKA! by Pa J..is available on major platforms
ITunes, Amazon, Google, Spotify and Youtube.
You can also get it at a discount directly on www.pa-jofficial.com
Thanks for you $upport and $hares
User avatar
highbury
Posts: 4891
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
Easy question- Amunike.
Completely untrue- let's no go too far. Here in CE Van City is a Nigerian who does not trust any Nigerian to coach for the super Eagles. He believes they are in corrupt.
And you absolutely disagree with this, right?
Where does the evidence lie?

On Amuneke's coaching pedigree, what does the evidence suggest?

We ALL need honest answers.
Pls don't come at me with a mindset that I "worship white skin" and "lick white ar$e$"
Leave that one for the simple minded with 'issues'.
Please.
We just want to have a grown up discussion. :thumb:
Do you understand that Amunike has the same badges as Guardiola?
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Posts: 9393
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
I fail to see your point. The critical fact here is that there are no underperforming, overpaid European coaches at the Copa. Moreover, you’ve drawn attention to the possibility that South Americans respect one another more than Africans do❗️
User avatar
Damunk
Moderator
Posts: 45747
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
Easy question- Amunike.
Completely untrue- let's no go too far. Here in CE Van City is a Nigerian who does not trust any Nigerian to coach for the super Eagles. He believes they are in corrupt.
And you absolutely disagree with this, right?
Where does the evidence lie?

On Amuneke's coaching pedigree, what does the evidence suggest?

We ALL need honest answers.
Pls don't come at me with a mindset that I "worship white skin" and "lick white ar$e$"
Leave that one for the simple minded with 'issues'.
Please.
We just want to have a grown up discussion. :thumb:
Do you understand that Amunike has the same badges as Guardiola?
That’s great, but the debate is not about certificates.
Do you not understand this?

Pedigree: All the past experiences or achievements of someone or something, especially when this shows that they are good or successful

With all due respect to Amuneke, I’m not sure he and Guardiola have the same pedigree. Not even close.

Maybe you can compare him to someone else. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
iworo
Posts: 2279
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Location: New York

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am
highbury wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am In as much that I disagree and yab big pork on many occasions, I know he is right. One has to invest in homegrown coaches. To be honest, this foreign coach nonsense is getting outdated. I am sure Uncle Rukus( Van City et al will beg to differ). Nigeria is going nowhere with this foreign coach garbage. 2 steps foward and 3 steps backward. That is why I regarded the NFF spearheaded by the all talk with no substance Pinnick as imcomptent. How can he claim to want to expose the home based players, yet fail to expose home based coaches? Makes no sense. Rohr please pad your portfolio with mugus who worship your skin.
Just mention the local coach and stop this long story.

Of course he is right. Its a false argument which you've bought into
No Nigerian wants a foreign coach if we have competent local coaches willing and able to step up to the plate.
The argument is whether we have them or not and whether they can take us to where we need to be. Simples.
Anything else is a straw man and personal agendas are driving the silly debate.

Just mention the coach you are willing (and able) to live with RIGHT NOW.
Not tomorrow. Not long term. NOW.
As long as you are all ready to live with whatever outcome its absolutely fine.

Talk is cheap bro.
We know Nigerians fans.
We don't do 'learning', whatever the circumstances. :idea:
The only competent local coach ever was Shuaibu Amodu. Winning the 1990 African Cup Winners Cup with BCC Lions and finalist in the 1991 African Cup Winners Cup with BCC Lions again. I also respected Festus 'Adegboye' Onigbinde to some extent, at least he took Shooting Stars Sports Club to the final of the Africa Club Champions Cup and also served as CAF and FIFA Technical instructor.
User avatar
Otitokoro
Posts: 8467
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Otitokoro »

I gave 4 examples of COPAmerica 'finalists' who were coached by foreigners (vs. local coaches) - a counterpoint to his comment about "the entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC" which is a patently false statement.
For one, Africa has 54+ countries, while South America has roughly 10. And just off the bat, Keshi and Amunike have indeed coached other African countries, not to mention other countries like the current Lesotho coach (Thabo Senong) being from South Africa. Pretty sure there are others, past and present. So I am not sure your argument about 'trust' holds water.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
I fail to see your point. The critical fact here is that there are no underperforming, overpaid European coaches at the Copa. Moreover, you’ve drawn attention to the possibility that South Americans respect one another more than Africans do❗️
User avatar
Damunk
Moderator
Posts: 45747
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 pm I gave 4 examples of COPAmerica 'finalists' who were coached by foreigners (vs. local coaches) - a counterpoint to his comment about "the entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC" which is a patently false statement.
For one, Africa has 54+ countries, while South America has roughly 10. And just off the bat, Keshi and Amunike have indeed coached other African countries, not to mention other countries like the current Lesotho coach (Thabo Senong) being from South Africa. Pretty sure there are others, past and present. So I am not sure your argument about 'trust' holds water.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm Some of the 10 coaches at the Copa América 2021
Ricardo Gareca, who is Peru's coach, is Argentine
César Farias, who is Bolivia's coach, is Venezuelan
Martín Lasarte, who is Chile's coach, is Uruguayan
Gustavo Alfaro, who is Ecuador's coach, is Argentine

Your emboldened statement is false.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 pm The entire finalist in COPA are being coached by their LC, The last 4 in the Euro all have LCs . This should be a lesson to the NFF, invest in your own and you will progress.. how shocking is it to know our current manager is 68 years old... in the USA people start filing for early retirement and social security benefits from the age of 62 for partial benefits and from 67 full benefits, .. instead, we have senior citizen using us to get coupons to buy chicken fried steak at golden coral.
I fail to see your point. The critical fact here is that there are no underperforming, overpaid European coaches at the Copa. Moreover, you’ve drawn attention to the possibility that South Americans respect one another more than Africans do❗️
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Posts: 50257
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
Wage scales are different in the countries you mentioned. So relative to what people earn in Naijaria, the Naijarian coach is being paid handsomely.

As for the South American coaches having better pedigree, it goes back to the chicken and egg situation.

Black coaches are not given the opportunity to show their stuff... even in Europe and in Africa.

Naijaria, as the most populous African country with alot of professionals and former professional footballers who have learned under a lot of great coaches, should be at the forefront of giving opportunities to BLACK COACHES. It should be a moral imperative.

To forego hiring black coaches for a journeyman below average white coach simply because he white is a travesty.

And you have folks like you who should know better making excuses and justifying it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
1naija
Posts: 50464
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by 1naija »

Let's not forget how Rohr came about.

Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
Wage scales are different in the countries you mentioned. So relative to what people earn in Naijaria, the Naijarian coach is being paid handsomely.

As for the South American coaches having better pedigree, it goes back to the chicken and egg situation.

Black coaches are not given the opportunity to show their stuff... even in Europe and in Africa.

Naijaria, as the most populous African country with alot of professionals and former professional footballers who have learned under a lot of great coaches, should be at the forefront of giving opportunities to BLACK COACHES. It should be a moral imperative.

To forego hiring black coaches for a journeyman below average white coach simply because he white is a travesty.

And you have folks like you who should know better making excuses and justifying it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Posts: 50257
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:43 pm Let's not forget how Rohr came about.

Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
Wage scales are different in the countries you mentioned. So relative to what people earn in Naijaria, the Naijarian coach is being paid handsomely.

As for the South American coaches having better pedigree, it goes back to the chicken and egg situation.

Black coaches are not given the opportunity to show their stuff... even in Europe and in Africa.

Naijaria, as the most populous African country with alot of professionals and former professional footballers who have learned under a lot of great coaches, should be at the forefront of giving opportunities to BLACK COACHES. It should be a moral imperative.

To forego hiring black coaches for a journeyman below average white coach simply because he white is a travesty.

And you have folks like you who should know better making excuses and justifying it.
How did he come about?

Remind us.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
txj
Posts: 32130
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
Wage scales are different in the countries you mentioned. So relative to what people earn in Naijaria, the Naijarian coach is being paid handsomely.

As for the South American coaches having better pedigree, it goes back to the chicken and egg situation.

Black coaches are not given the opportunity to show their stuff... even in Europe and in Africa.

Naijaria, as the most populous African country with alot of professionals and former professional footballers who have learned under a lot of great coaches, should be at the forefront of giving opportunities to BLACK COACHES. It should be a moral imperative.

To forego hiring black coaches for a journeyman below average white coach simply because he white is a travesty.

And you have folks like you who should know better making excuses and justifying it.
Build a proper structure for domestic football, and a competitive league, with professionally run clubs, and all this debate goes away.

Not a helter skelter league where any success is a chance event as EII has been recommending...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
1naija
Posts: 50464
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Re: We need to hire a local coach

Post by 1naija »

You know exactly how he came about, but let me remind you as you requested.

He came about because an unprofessional local coach decided to abandon the team in the middle of qualifying games. He came about because prior to the unprofessional local coach abandonning the team, his predecessor, another local coach used his popularity with the Presidency to hold the team ransom. And even prior to that, another local coach tried to use the team to get a deal with a match fixer and was convicted and banned for it. Rohr is the result of Local coaches coaching the team, so let's not sound like Local coaches have not been given opportunities.
Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:32 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:43 pm Let's not forget how Rohr came about.

Cellular wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:30 am
Not sure what the comparison is about but Africa and South America are on different planets when it comes to coaching.
I’d even say the gulf in quality is even wider than it is in the national teams.

South America has some of the biggest and most respected coaches in the world with a ‘depth chart’ to die for, so why would they have a problem hiring local coaches?
Most of their top coaches are not even managing national teams, but top clubs in Europe.
And according to this article, of those at the COPA, at least 5 (half) of them are paid USD3m and above - and that includes Chile and Peru who “failed” by not winning it or even reaching the final. Brazil’s “failed” coach earns close to $4m.
Meanwhile we are complaining of “overpaying” a coach $600k if that, for a continental bronze. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I’m hoping we are not suggesting that our Finidi or Amuneke should be paid less, if and when eventually hired.
All this talk of ‘overpayment’ makes me wonder…
Wage scales are different in the countries you mentioned. So relative to what people earn in Naijaria, the Naijarian coach is being paid handsomely.

As for the South American coaches having better pedigree, it goes back to the chicken and egg situation.

Black coaches are not given the opportunity to show their stuff... even in Europe and in Africa.

Naijaria, as the most populous African country with alot of professionals and former professional footballers who have learned under a lot of great coaches, should be at the forefront of giving opportunities to BLACK COACHES. It should be a moral imperative.

To forego hiring black coaches for a journeyman below average white coach simply because he white is a travesty.

And you have folks like you who should know better making excuses and justifying it.
How did he come about?

Remind us.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Post Reply