A lesson to all UK born naija players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: A lesson to all UK born naija players

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:03 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm We abuse our own players mercilessly and frequently in tribal overtones. Is such ignorance so different from these fickle English fans? We should live what we preach.
This is the most unintelligent comment on this thread. So because you see an offense , you should turn a blind eye? smh
Hey Einstein (probably should not cynically call you a smart white man). Sure that really ignorant retort makes you think you are smart. Your posts linguistically suggest otherwise and thankful we have some 90K posts to pinpoint just where to place you. Read it again and ask you super intelligent self. Is there anything in my post that says I turn a blind eye to racism?
what you just wrote makes zero sense. Also you are clueless when it comes to this topic , and that is why you added 90k, post reviews, smart white man etc you included those so it seems like you wrote enough ....just come out and say you find it difficult to express the thoughts in your head in words. there is no harm in admitting that you lack critical thinking skills.

You can do what some do, just read and browse. Stop posting hanging sentences and thinking folks won't call you out . This isn't a personal attack , just observing your major intellectual error in this thread . Now why do you want people to turn a blind eye?
Of course we can all pretend we are geniuses on the internet. Why should I be exempt from thinking I possess critical thinking skills like you do. I too I’m entitled to an inflated, chest thumping opinion of my intellect. Not just you.
There is nothing wrong in your outrage about racism towards the players but thinking that playing for Nigeria solves that issue for an English footballer of Nigerian descent is down right fickle and shall I say not what I expected from such a deep philosophical mind. I have said my piece. Time to go actually use the few neurons that have not whittled away as a result of this encounter.
then why do you ignore the racist attacks on footballers who do look like us? You are excusing them. Why don't you call out the evil instead you are supporting someone like mace( who is known to abuse Nigerian footballers on IG) . My goodness a 19 year old was abused because of the color of his skin all because he missed a bloody PK...

what about the coach who chose to only start one black player sterling? then he chose to bring on the 3 black players all to take PKs . The entire world knows england and Pks do not go together. Once again Saka is being abused because he is black( they told him to go back to Nigeria)

, Jordan nd Rashford are being abused. i am really upset because SAKA has a Nigerian name and i take it very personal when black folks are abused and i completely lose it when anything Nigeria experiences such .

what is troubling is the fact you came up with an excuse to exempt open day racism / big shame ,
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm Saka is a professional footballer. He was not put in any unusual position. England did not lose because of Saka's saved penalty. In my opnion, they lost because they had only one shot on goal trying to defend a lone goal lead for 88 minutes. That Rohr type negative football.
ElHadary wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:27 pm I'm not supporting the racist fans by any means, even putting Saka in that position was cruel. He's 19 for goodness sakes. Yet if you're non-white and you're going to a white country and you're not expecting racism, you are honestly fooling yourself. It's just how things are.
I agree Saka isn't the reason why England lost. Italy showed their quality in the 2nd half and after Bonnucci's goal England just completely lost control of the game. They thought they could carry their organized defense into the 2nd half without adjusting and Italy, to their credit, broke it down found the space tied it up and took control of the game.

However, putting a 19 year old when you have veterans ready to take a PK isn't it. You can tell by how the English players consoled him at the end that they asked him to do something he wasn't prepared to do. Donnaromma making the save then getting up as if nothing happened told you everything you needed to know.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:46 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:03 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm
kawawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm We abuse our own players mercilessly and frequently in tribal overtones. Is such ignorance so different from these fickle English fans? We should live what we preach.
This is the most unintelligent comment on this thread. So because you see an offense , you should turn a blind eye? smh
Hey Einstein (probably should not cynically call you a smart white man). Sure that really ignorant retort makes you think you are smart. Your posts linguistically suggest otherwise and thankful we have some 90K posts to pinpoint just where to place you. Read it again and ask you super intelligent self. Is there anything in my post that says I turn a blind eye to racism?
what you just wrote makes zero sense. Also you are clueless when it comes to this topic , and that is why you added 90k, post reviews, smart white man etc you included those so it seems like you wrote enough ....just come out and say you find it difficult to express the thoughts in your head in words. there is no harm in admitting that you lack critical thinking skills.

You can do what some do, just read and browse. Stop posting hanging sentences and thinking folks won't call you out . This isn't a personal attack , just observing your major intellectual error in this thread . Now why do you want people to turn a blind eye?
Of course we can all pretend we are geniuses on the internet. Why should I be exempt from thinking I possess critical thinking skills like you do. I too I’m entitled to an inflated, chest thumping opinion of my intellect. Not just you.
There is nothing wrong in your outrage about racism towards the players but thinking that playing for Nigeria solves that issue for an English footballer of Nigerian descent is down right fickle and shall I say not what I expected from such a deep philosophical mind. I have said my piece. Time to go actually use the few neurons that have not whittled away as a result of this encounter.
then why do you ignore the racist attacks on footballers who do look like us? You are excusing them. Why don't you call out the evil instead you are supporting someone like mace( who is known to abuse Nigerian footballers on IG) . My goodness a 19 year old was abused because of the color of his skin all because he missed a bloody PK...

what about the coach who chose to only start one black player sterling? then he chose to bring on the 3 black players all to take PKs . The entire world knows england and Pks do not go together. Once again Saka is being abused because he is black( they told him to go back to Nigeria)

, Jordan nd Rashford are being abused. i am really upset because SAKA has a Nigerian name and i take it very personal when black folks are abused and i completely lose it when anything Nigeria experiences such .

what is troubling is the fact you came up with an excuse to exempt open day racism / big shame ,
Please do not ever tell me how much rage I should have against racist acts. I don’t need a thread with a by-line about how all is hunky-dory if Nigeria to appreciate this. Maybe my beef is about constantly thinking we don’t discriminate against each. We do and we should constantly call it out. That is all I have been trying to say. I also strongly doubt that Mace is not enraged as you are by what is being about Saka, Sancho and Rashford. The argument is around the the supposition of your thread.
By the way, there were three black starters for England not one: Kyle Walker and Kalvin Phillips along with Sterling
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa , you need to re-post whatever you think you just posted. i have no idea what you were trying to interpret
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Social media again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ElHadary wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:01 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm Saka is a professional footballer. He was not put in any unusual position. England did not lose because of Saka's saved penalty. In my opnion, they lost because they had only one shot on goal trying to defend a lone goal lead for 88 minutes. That Rohr type negative football.
ElHadary wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:27 pm I'm not supporting the racist fans by any means, even putting Saka in that position was cruel. He's 19 for goodness sakes. Yet if you're non-white and you're going to a white country and you're not expecting racism, you are honestly fooling yourself. It's just how things are.
I agree Saka isn't the reason why England lost. Italy showed their quality in the 2nd half and after Bonnucci's goal England just completely lost control of the game. They thought they could carry their organized defense into the 2nd half without adjusting and Italy, to their credit, broke it down found the space tied it up and took control of the game.

However, putting a 19 year old when you have veterans ready to take a PK isn't it. You can tell by how the English players consoled him at the end that they asked him to do something he wasn't prepared to do. Donnaromma making the save then getting up as if nothing happened told you everything you needed to know.
Likely the penalty takers were the 'best' in training.

Also possible that the 'senior' players were scared of taking the penalty so the responsibility fell on the 'younger' ones.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:14 pm Social media again.

Racist and not social media.

You are just using this to justify Buhari's twitter ban
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 am Choose Nigeria next time. Nobody would abuse you racially. The racist are out in full force big shame
Nope.... but they may stone your team bus. rain insults on you. your FA will delay your payments. your FA may display favouritism.

Ungratefulness, abuse will come in different forms from different places.

I luv the SEs, but meh 3lions? both teams have pros and cons
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kendo wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:28 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 am Choose Nigeria next time. Nobody would abuse you racially. The racist are out in full force big shame
Nope.... but they may stone your team bus. rain insults on you. your FA will delay your payments. your FA may display favouritism.

go join the 3 lions forum, when you are done let them know you are black. come back and update us
SuperEagles

soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Do we know if Saka volunteered to take one. I do find it cowardly that some of the senior players didn't have the guts to take one , but we don't know what was discussed in the camp. While I disagree with some of south-gates decisions , I don't buy the argument it was due to racism , that's a flipping long stretch without concrete evidence.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Bigporkey grow up and start acting like a matured man that you are. Threads like these is why I left this forum for some time

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:34 pm
kendo wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:28 pm

go join the 3 lions forum, when you are done let them know you are black. come back and update us
lol - what are u even talking about?
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

soma wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:01 pm Bigporkey grow up and start acting like a matured man that you are. Threads like these is why I left this forum for some time
please do not come back, never even knew you left , who are you sef? because you are a nobody also i have zero re-collection of who you are. however the fact you recall who bigpokey is, shows how much influence and nightmares i inflicted on you. This brings me so much joy. 8-) i live rent free in your head.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

soothsayer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Do we know if Saka volunteered to take one. I do find it cowardly that some of the senior players didn't have the guts to take one , but we don't know what was discussed in the camp. While I disagree with some of south-gates decisions , I don't buy the argument it was due to racism , that's a flipping long stretch without concrete evidence.
they set that boy up
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

soothsayer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:00 pm

It’s a huge stretch. It doesn’t make sense at all.
Firstly, penalty takers mostly volunteer. You risk too much by forcing a player to take a penalty in that pressure cooker situation.
Notice, vice captain Sterling wasn’t on the list. Why not?

Secondly, how would anyone ‘order’ a player to take a crucial penalty in a high pressure situation out of “racism”?
Like…was the primary goal to ‘scapegoat’ Saka by banking on him missing it?
So basically, Southgate was more interested in this his calculated act of racism than winning the Euros.

That, like you’ve suggested, is dumb beyond belief.
And people think this is credible? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Who comes up with these stupid ‘B-movie’ scripts?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tell Francis Obikwelu ( couldn't make it in football and chose the easier line) to hush his mouth, he got whooped by Fasuba a naija boy 9.85. his record just got broken after 15 years

and by the way you are pretty slow or ignorant. just pick one. who compares individual sports to team sports? oh my you continue to embarrass yourself :laugh:
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:23 pm Image
Because playing for Nigeria would have meant zero racist comments on his social media ever.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:40 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:12 pm
Did you miss Ighalo's abuse after he missed the chance vs Argentina? From tribal to threats to all kinds of disgusting things were said to him. So much so he refused to return to the SE and **** had to beg him to come back? So was that not a lesson to UK born naija players? What about the abuse and threats that Ikpeba endured when he missed vs Cameroon? Was that also a lesson? ATEOTD this is a pointless thread, footballers are going to get abuse from fans, its part of the game when things don't go the fans way. Its why Kanu was so scared to take a PK vs Tunisia in 2006 after he saw what Ikpeba had to endure and they had to beg/force him to.
Please tell them.

I bet Dessers and Akpoguma wish they had chosen their birth countries instead of Nigeria.
They wouldn’t have made this years Euros so maybe they made the choice if they believe they can improve next season they’ll be picked before any Nigerian footballer who can’t leave Nigeria in time! :sneaky:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Akure4Life wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:04 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:14 pm Social media again.
Racist and not social media.

You are just using this to justify Buhari's twitter ban
You are not a very smart boy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/faceboo ... abuse.html
Facebook and Twitter under fire after England soccer players face racial abuse online

PUBLISHED MON, JUL 12 20218:16 AM EDTUPDATED MON, JUL 12 20219:54 AM EDT
Ryan Browne
@RYAN_BROWNE_

...Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka were the target of racial abuse on social media platforms after England lost the Euros tournament Sunday.
...Facebook and Twitter say they acted quickly to remove posts and accounts hurling racist abuse at Black England players.
...The British government is aiming to crack down on large tech companies over the proliferation of harmful content.

LONDON — Facebook and Twitter are being criticized over a failure to act fast enough to tackle a flood of racial abuse directed at Black England soccer players following the team’s loss to Italy in the Euros final.

Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka were the target of a torrent of racist comments on major social media platforms after England lost Sunday. The three players missed penalties in a 3-2 shootout loss to Italy.

The Football Association governing body condemned the abuse in a statement Sunday night, saying it was “appalled by the online racism that has been aimed at some of our England players on social media.”

“We could not be clearer that anyone behind such disgusting behaviour is not welcome in following the team,” the association said on Twitter. “We will do all we can to support the players affected while urging the toughest punishments possible for anyone responsible.”

The racist reaction highlighted the amount of online abuse on social networks and raised questions over whether tech companies are doing enough to combat it. Several top British sports teams and athletes boycotted Facebook, Instagram and Twitter over a weekend in April to protest the companies’ failure to remove racist and sexist posts.

The British government is aiming to crack down on large tech companies over the proliferation of harmful content. Proposed legislation known as the Online Safety Bill would give media watchdog Ofcom the power to fine companies up to £18 million ($24.9 million) or 10% of their annual global revenues, whichever is higher, for breaches.

“I share the anger at appalling racist abuse of our heroic players,” British Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said in a tweet Monday morning.

“Social media companies need to up their game in addressing it and, if they fail to, our new Online Safety Bill will hold them to account with fines of up to 10 per cent of global revenue.”

Another U.K. politician, Conservative member of Parliament Damian Collins, took aim at Facebook, asking the tech giant how many accounts it had deleted given its terms of service prohibit hate speech.

A Facebook spokesperson said the company moved quickly to take down racial abuse aimed at England players on its Instagram photo-sharing app.

“No one should have to experience racist abuse anywhere, and we don’t want it on Instagram,” the spokesperson said. “We quickly removed comments and accounts directing abuse at England’s footballers last night and we’ll continue to take action against those that break our rules.”

“The abhorrent racist abuse directed at England players last night has absolutely no place on Twitter,” a Twitter spokesperson told CNBC.

“In the past 24 hours, through a combination of machine learning based automation and human review, we have swiftly removed over 1000 Tweets and permanently suspended a number of accounts for violating our rules — the vast majority of which we detected ourselves proactively using technology.”

Some offensive tweets and Instagram posts were still up at about 1 p.m. London time Monday, however.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:23 pm Image
looking for attention because their mama never loved them.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a stupid post.

You have out done yourself...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp