AKPEYI Eviscerates Critics......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AKPEYI Eviscerates Critics......

Post by Enugu II »

Daniel Akpeyi bites back at critics
Tunde Williams 0 July 20, 2021 1:32 pm
https://www.brila.net/daniel-akpeyi-bit ... at-critics

Daniel Akpeyi has hit out at his critics for criticizing him for his club’s CAF Champions League final defeat to Al Ahly of Egypt on Saturday.
Akpeyi was in goals as Al Ahly defeated the Glamour Boys 3-0 to lift the competition for the 10th time in their history.
The 32-year-old Super Eagles goalkeeper however got some sticks from critics who felt, he could have prevented one of the goals from going in.
Reacting to the comments , Akpeyi says he could careless about what some people make of his performance, and insisted he has the backing of his club, coaches, fans and players.
“Their debate back home does not mean anything to me neither Kaizer Chief. Maybe, they only hear the scores and did not watch the game, and as usual they are hoping that it’s my fault so that they can have bad report about me to help their clients.”
“I got accolades from many people and our supporters who watched the match. They rated me as the outstanding goalkeeper. I guess those people who are blaming me for the goals might be looking for their story as usual, but I am not interested in what they say. I am sure they did not watch the match.” he told The Guardian.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: AKPEYI Eviscerates Critics......

Post by Bigpokey24 »

actually he wasn't at fault for any of the goals. They should blame that joker who got a 1st half red card
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

useless worthless crap of a player. Rather than "evicerate" the opposition, he is opening his smelling mouth to attack his own fans because thats where his power lies. Ewu deer in a head light morafocker!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:19 pm useless worthless crap of a player. Rather than "evicerate" the opposition, he is opening his smelling mouth to attack his own fans because thats where his power lies. Ewu deer in a head light morafocker!
Wow.... was that really necessary? We critique players here but this seems a little too personal and ignorant. Akpeyi deserves to defend himself considering the years of abuse he's suffered . He might not be at Barca but he's certainly at the top of the game in Africa. Calling him names won't change that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:19 pm useless worthless crap of a player. Rather than "evicerate" the opposition, he is opening his smelling mouth to attack his own fans because thats where his power lies. Ewu deer in a head light morafocker!
Wow.... was that really necessary? We critique players here but this seems a little too personal and ignorant. Akpeyi deserves to defend himself considering the years of abuse he's suffered . He might not be at Barca but he's certainly at the top of the game in Africa. Calling him names won't change that.
let him defend the goalpost first
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

‘I’m grateful to have come this far’- Akpeyi speaks following Chiefs Caf Champions League loss
Joba Ogunwale by Joba Ogunwale 15 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria 0
https://soccernet.ng/2021/07/im-gratefu ... eague-loss

The former Warri Wolves goalkeeper has thanked the Amakhosi fans, even though they were left disappointed on Saturday night

Super Eagles goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi insists he’s proud of himself and his Chiefs teammates despite their loss to Al-Ahly in the CAF Champions League final on Saturday night.

The Nigerian international was the hero in the semifinal as he pulled off seven stunning saves to ensure Chiefs beat Wydad Casablanca 1-0 on aggregate.

However, he could only watch as Al-Ahly fired three goals past him to claim a comfortable victory and their tenth continental title.

But despite the disappointment, Akpeyi insists he is proud of what the team achieved this season. The former Heartland goalkeeper also reserved thanks for Chiefs fans.

The 34-year-old shot-stopper took to his Instagram page on Monday to share his feelings following Saturday’s loss.

Akpeyi said: Every champion has once lost a fight (Sadly so) but they’ve never lost their dream no matter the opinion about them, nature do conform to them at the right time.

To everyone who have being standing with them through thick and thin, I salute your courage, when the limits are broken, all the joy that is assumed to be lost you will receive them in one package. I’m grateful to have come this far.”

Saturday’s loss also means Akpeyi and Chiefs will not play continental football next season after they missed out on qualification in the DSTV Premiership last campaign.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:13 pm
KPOM!!!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He wasn't to blame for any of the goals...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "