The AITEO CUP Sensation Who Shocked NPFL Clubs....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The AITEO CUP Sensation Who Shocked NPFL Clubs....

Post by Enugu II »

Aiteo Cup: Meet Depros FC Player That Sent Akwa Utd, Kano Pillars Out
https://www.sports247.ng/aiteo-cup-meet ... illars-out
By Sunday Akintoye - July 27, 2021

Julius Ikechukwu’s performances in Aiteo Cup caught the attention of clubs within and outside Nigeria. The left-winger has wreaked havoc in Aiteo Cup and NNL matches played so far.

His performances in the ongoing Aiteo Cup may earn him a call-up to home-based Super-eagles in the nearest future.

The top striker continued to lament Gateway United’s loss at the recent quarter-final of the Aiteo Cup.

Gateway United suffered 4-5 defeat on penalty shootouts in the hands of Bayelsa United after one goal apiece at the regulation time.

Ikechukwu in a chat with our correspondent said they were better in the encounter but unlucky to have lost the match to Bayelsa United.

“It was a match we ought to win because we dominated the encounter. We created more scoring chances but we were unlucky against our opponents. Presently I am still in shock because my intention was to take my team to Aiteo Cup final unfortunately it did not come to pass,” he said

Ikechukwu who scored the equalizer for Gateway United against Bayelsa United in the quarter-final played last Friday at Lokoja, Kogi State thanked the Ogun State government for its support given the team to reach the quarter-final stage. He also expressed appreciation to his fans for the support given to him throughout his stay in the club.

Asked if he was approached by premier clubs due to his scintillating performances in Aiteo national challenge Cup, Ikechukwu who was loaned from Depros FC of Lagos to Gateway United said many premier clubs have come for his signature but noted that he needs to discuss with his manager, Emeka Godson Ehirim to decide next line of action.

“I was loaned from Depros FC to Gateway United and I want to concentrate on the remaining matches in NNL. Presently offers have come from premier clubs but only my manager would decide if I would remain in Gateway United or not,” he concluded.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics