Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:01 pm but didn't the US expose fifa them a while back? which resulted to a shake up. ( they are still a private entity)
Yes, but the US focused its investigations on CONCACAF which was headquartered in New York and Florida, the illegal transactions were carried out in US banks and the US was investigating individuals who either lived in the us or conducted their bribes in the US. There was clear nexus to the US in that case, its a bit harder to show the same links here.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:01 pm but didn't the US expose fifa them a while back? which resulted to a shake up. ( they are still a private entity)
Yes, but the US focused its investigations on CONCACAF which was headquartered in New York and Florida, the illegal transactions were carried out in US banks and the US was investigating individuals who either lived in the us or conducted their bribes in the US. There was clear nexus to the US in that case, its a bit harder to show the same links here.
We are not getting anywhere with this. His lawyers would have told him not to sue. Make we wait see. He has a case in court
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:42 pm
We are not getting anywhere with this. His lawyers would have told him not to sue. Make we wait see. He has a case in court

You clearly have not checked out his attorney either. :rotf: Anyway, like you said, make we wait and see. He surely has something in court.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is for the uncle toms on CE . let me name them. yall are free to include those i missed
Damunk
cito
pajimoh
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:58 pm

this is for the uncle toms on CE . let me name them. yall are free to include those i missed
Damunk
cito
pajimoh
Better uncle tom than be on a criminals list which you seem to belong.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Damunk
cito
pajimoh
Criminal list, nah... i have a clean record
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Damunk
cito
pajimoh
I beg to differ. My observations is based on your penchant for defending criminals or crimes as long as they(perpetrators) are black. That alone shows you are of the same cloth as those you defend.

One can understand being a fighter for rights of those oppressed. But, to defend their actions when they are in the wrong makes one question your integrity.

It is either that or you are a hypocrite(as pointed out by sinequanon on another thread). Practice what you preach.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:59 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Damunk
cito
pajimoh
I beg to differ. My observations is based on your penchant for defending criminals or crimes as long as they(perpetrators) are black. That alone shows you are of the same cloth as those you defend.

One can understand being a fighter for rights of those oppressed. But, to defend their actions when they are in the wrong makes one question your integrity.

It is either that or you are a hypocrite(as pointed out by sinequanon on another thread). Practice what you preach.
calm down, I know you UK CEs do enjoy looking for help, now you bring sinaquanon into this. The truth of the matter is you dislike anything black, and you are very quick to condemn and accuse any black man when it comes to strange accusations. in your mind you believe the white man is always right and can do no wrong.

It is clear for all to see that Siasia never had his day in court, but your prejudice got the best of you . You already made up your mind saying he is guilty. Not every naija man pulls a hushpuppy, many of us are legit and work for a living.. sometimes i ponder why you UK folks are like this . The truth here is Siasia will have his day in civil court

I posted a video to expose your white massa, you still chose to ignore it and blame Siasia
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:19 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm Hmmmm.
This is a siddon look situation.
I hope he has sought very wise counsel with a good chance of winning.
Doesn't look like it from the looks of the attorney that filed the suit, and judging from excepts from the complaint reported in articles. I suspect it probably gets thrown out of court. He is claiming that his fine and ban was "cruel and unusual" in violation of the 8th amendment, which applies to U.S. state (federal state and local) actors... none of which FIFA is...

There are also most likely jurisdictional issues with this case as well. I would love to see the full complaint, but I suspect uber driver 1kobo would have done a better job than this attorney that is representing him...

FIFA beats former Nigeria coach's U.S. appeal over match-fixing ban
NEW YORK, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Soccer's world governing body FIFA prevailed in a U.S. appeals court over a former Nigeria national team coach seeking to overturn his lifetime ban, later reduced to five years, for fixing matches.

In a 3-0 decision on Thursday, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said Samson Siasia did not show why a trial court in New York had jurisdiction over his case.

FIFA had in 2019 imposed the lifetime ban, saying Siasia violated its code of ethics over a bribery scheme for Australian matches. The ban prevented Siasia from using his U.S. Soccer Federation coaching license.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/fifa-beat ... 023-01-26/

As predicted.. Siasia went and wasted his money for nothing on this clown... smh.
Siasia's lawyer Nitor Egbarin said the decision might be the "end of the road" for the case, but he would discuss it with his client.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 pm
Doesn't look like it from the looks of the attorney that filed the suit, and judging from excepts from the complaint reported in articles. I suspect it probably gets thrown out of court. He is claiming that his fine and ban was "cruel and unusual" in violation of the 8th amendment, which applies to U.S. state (federal state and local) actors... none of which FIFA is...

There are also most likely jurisdictional issues with this case as well. I would love to see the full complaint, but I suspect uber driver 1kobo would have done a better job than this attorney that is representing him...

NEW YORK, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Soccer's world governing body FIFA prevailed in a U.S. appeals court over a former Nigeria national team coach seeking to overturn his lifetime ban, later reduced to five years, for fixing matches.

In a 3-0 decision on Thursday, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said Samson Siasia did not show why a trial court in New York had jurisdiction over his case.

FIFA had in 2019 imposed the lifetime ban, saying Siasia violated its code of ethics over a bribery scheme for Australian matches. The ban prevented Siasia from using his U.S. Soccer Federation coaching license.

As predicted.. Siasia went and wasted his money for nothing on this clown... smh.
Siasia's lawyer Nitor Egbarin said the decision might be the "end of the road" for the case, but he would discuss it with his client.
Metalalloy, you called it clean and clear from the beginning on all counts.
Porkey’s mouth remains zipped.

This one Siasia’s lawyer is singing “end of the road” like Boys2Men’ is not good. Siasia’s only consolation now is that he has already spent probably three years of his 5 year conviction, possibly even more.
I hope that’s how it works.
Lesson learnt.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Samson Siasia did not show why a trial court in New York had jurisdiction over his case.
some people read, but have no understanding of the meaning. smh.

All he needs to do is file the case in the proper courts and not a trial court... The lawyer goofed big time. I would have chipped in and given better counsel
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There is a CAS you know...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:50 am
metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 pm

Metalalloy, you called it clean and clear from the beginning on all counts.
Porkey’s mouth remains zipped.

This one Siasia’s lawyer is singing “end of the road” like Boys2Men’ is not good. Siasia’s only consolation now is that he has already spent probably three years of his 5 year conviction, possibly even more.
I hope that’s how it works.
Lesson learnt.
are you such a coward, sotey you no gree show face for this thread after running your mouth ..just shows how clueless you are in the court of law
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=305547&sid=d0f9463 ... &start=230
SuperEagles