Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Post by Purity »

Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has dragged the world football governing body, FIFA, to a court in the United States.

According to court papers exclusively obtained by Premium Times, Siasia has filed a case against FIFA at the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

The former Nigeria international is, among other things, seeking compensation for the ‘damage’ done on his reputation by FIFA with their investigation on an alleged bribery case against him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... court.html
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Post by Damunk »

Hmmmm.
This is a siddon look situation.
I hope he has sought very wise counsel with a good chance of winning.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm Hmmmm.
just look at the kind of comment or thoughts from your head...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm Hmmmm.
just look at the kind of comment or thoughts from your head...smh
You are something else bro :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I feel for the bro but I wouldn't want him getting into more debt and not winning the case.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:18 pm I feel for the bro but I wouldn't want him getting into more debt and not winning the case.
I think he has enough to drag FIFA to court. I doubt he would just take them to court without any $$$$ or defense
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:18 pm I feel for the bro but I wouldn't want him getting into more debt and not winning the case.
I think he has enough to drag FIFA to court. I doubt he would just take them to court without any $$$$ or defense
More than FIFA does? Might be best for him if its settled out of court and he gets a good check from them to go away lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm
More than FIFA does? Might be best for him if its settled out of court and he gets a good check from them to go away lol.
my points exactly
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If he feels he was wronged, he can't worry about losing. Beisdes, this is a civil case, so the lawyer is probably working for a percentage of compensation if they win.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Fifa's judgement was not equitable and it really tarnished his reputation. Don't blame him. A life ban smells like some triggered officials wanted to 'show him', they should come explain how they arrived at a life ban.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm
That’s only if they believe he has a strong case.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 am Fifa's judgement was not equitable and it really tarnished his reputation. Don't blame him. A life ban smells like some triggered officials wanted to 'show him', they should come explain how they arrived at a life ban.
I think that has been implied already.
He claimed he never saw the (email) communication sent to him on more than one occasion.
They took it as a ‘failure to appear’.
From there e enter ‘guilty’ and they gave him the worst possible punishment.

They always knew he could appeal which is what he did.
But let’s not forget. He wasn’t found ‘innocent’ no matter how we try and dress it up.
Remember, it’s not the life ban (which has been quashed anyway) that has primarily tarnished his reputation. It’s the bribery allegation which he wasn’t able to shake off.
I hope he has a top lawyer and a strong case. He better play the race card join.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Needs a miracle to win this..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:41 am
felarey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 am Fifa's judgement was not equitable and it really tarnished his reputation. Don't blame him. A life ban smells like some triggered officials wanted to 'show him', they should come explain how they arrived at a life ban.
He claimed he never saw the (email) communication sent to him on more than one occasion.

But let’s not forget. He wasn’t found ‘innocent’ no matter how we try and dress it up.
Remember, it’s not the life ban (which has been quashed anyway) that has primarily tarnished his reputation. It’s the bribery allegation which he wasn’t able to shake off.
I hope he has a top lawyer and a strong case. He better play the race card join.
The guy no do well at all and I have zero sympathy for anyone who circumvents or attempts to circumvent the laws.

He flouted the rules of the organization and he was rightfully punished(maybe too heavy handed) but he gets what he bargained for.

Don’t fall for your criminal urges, guys. Lol

For Those defending him, you may still be getting away with crimes but the days of reckoning is near. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm

The guy no do well at all and I have zero sympathy for anyone who circumvents or attempts to circumvent the laws.

He flouted the rules of the organization and he was rightfully punished(maybe too heavy handed) but he gets what he bargained for.

For Those defending him, you may still be getting away with crimes but the days of reckoning is near. :D
do you want us to expose your on back hand deals... smh... typical Pharisee
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Purity wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 pm Needs a miracle to win this..
No, he does not. FIFA did not need to prove their case to anyone when they convicted him on whatever evidence they had. Now they will have defend their judgement in an independent court, and will have to answer questions themselves.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:41 pm
No, he does not. FIFA did not need to prove their case to anyone when they convicted him on whatever evidence they had. Now they will have defend their judgement in a independent court, and will have to answer questions themselves.
tell the jokers on CE who are clueless to how the law works. We have two UK CEs cito and that damunk who chose to convict by believing FIFA the saints.. I weep for people like that . Let Siasia have his day in court, when that is done then we know where he stands. The fact that the ban was reduced to 5 years from a life time ban , makes one very suspicious about the entire accusation by FIFA
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

No, he does not. FIFA did not need to prove their case to anyone when they convicted him on whatever evidence they had. Now they will have defend their judgement in a independent court, and will have to answer questions themselves.
He actually has a good case. And he was well advised to file in New York.

Don't forget that FIFA doesn't have a good reputation in the United States.

FIFA might well be advised to settle before dem drag dem oustide the scope of what is being tried.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:18 pm

FIFA might well be advised to settle before dem drag dem oustide the scope of what is being tried.
Yep that’s what I’m hoping for Sia1 that they don’t want the bad PR/repercussions that could come out of this and just settle him and keep it moving.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:43 pm
Cellular wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Yep that’s what I’m hoping for Sia1 that they don’t want the bad PR/repercussions that could come out of this and just settle him and keep it moving.
Did fifa actually unilaterally tried and imposed judgement without an independent court just because he didn’t report approach with bribery he never never accepted
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm
Cito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm

Pork, I know you believe everyone is into crime just like you but sorry to burst your bubbles, some of us are not into crimes.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:44 pm
tell the jokers on CE who are clueless to how the law works. We have two UK CEs cito and that damunk who chose to convict by believing FIFA the saints.. I weep for people like that . Let Siasia have his day in court, when that is done then we know where he stands. The fact that the ban was reduced to 5 years from a life time ban , makes one very suspicious about the entire accusation by FIFA
Pork, why do you believe I live in UK? Is Nevada in UK? I know you are not the smartest guy but it’s easy to use google.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Question: Is Pork officially his guy name?

If so, has it been registered on the names registry thread? If not, let's hurry up and do so.
Cito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:02 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Pork, I know you believe everyone is into crime just like you but sorry to burst your bubbles, some of us are not into crimes.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.