Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Siasia drags FIFA to U.S Court

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:08 pm Question: Is Pork officially is guy name?

If so, has it been registered on the names registry thread? If not, let's hurry up and do so.
Cito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:02 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm

do you want us to expose your on back hand deals... smh... typical Pharisee
Pork, I know you believe everyone is into crime just like you but sorry to burst your bubbles, some of us are not into crimes.
Why do you constantly encourage trash . You are indirectly egging that it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Hey Pork, what's up?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:08 pm Question: Is Pork officially is guy name?

If so, has it been registered on the names registry thread? If not, let's hurry up and do so.
Cito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:02 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:36 pm

do you want us to expose your on back hand deals... smh... typical Pharisee
Pork, I know you believe everyone is into crime just like you but sorry to burst your bubbles, some of us are not into crimes.
Why do you constantly encourage trash . You are indirectly egging that it
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:41 am
felarey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 am Fifa's judgement was not equitable and it really tarnished his reputation. Don't blame him. A life ban smells like some triggered officials wanted to 'show him', they should come explain how they arrived at a life ban.
I think that has been implied already.
He claimed he never saw the (email) communication sent to him on more than one occasion.
They took it as a ‘failure to appear’.
From there e enter ‘guilty’ and they gave him the worst possible punishment.

They always knew he could appeal which is what he did.
But let’s not forget. He wasn’t found ‘innocent’ no matter how we try and dress it up.
Remember, it’s not the life ban (which has been quashed anyway) that has primarily tarnished his reputation. It’s the bribery allegation which he wasn’t able to shake off.
I hope he has a top lawyer and a strong case. He better play the race card join.
My tenant didn't pay my $1000 rent according to our tenancy agreement. So I evicted him and claim he owes me $100,000 all in. I tell everyone about it and get a collections agency after him to ruin his credit. Clearly I've injured him and he's entitled to sue me for his injury. Claiming 100K over 1K is clearly not equitable. This is what their life ban did to him. Like being sentenced to death for car theft.

A few years ago, my car got towed on the street in front of my house for an expired licence plate by parking enforcement. It had expired 2 days before on Dec 31st. I wasn't home and was on holidays. Came back 5th Jan and saw my car was gone. Called the impound lot and they said they had it. I went there, paid $150 for the towing service and the incurred $35/day fee for the lot (good thing I wasn't away for longer), got the plate renewed for $84 and drove away. I then got an $80 ticket in the mail for the expired plate. I wrote them back to say the costs weren't equitable that I already paid $150 at the impound lot, and renewed for $84.
They wrote back that there's nothing they can do and I'll have to go to court. I got the court date and showed up. I told the crown (this is Canada) that my punishment wasn't equitable given my plate was only 2 days old and I had already paid all this money. The lady saw reason and I made my case to the judge (did a little courtsy before I approached the witness stand :D ). She told me to pay 20 bucks and I walked away with a smile.

So you see, a lot of what goes on with fines aren't equitable. For instance, parking tickets. You fail to pay 3 bucks and they send you 50 bucks ticket. It's unlawful. Only the city/govt should get away with such as you have to renew your plate. Private parking companies have no right to do so. You really only owe them that 3 bucks and that's what will come out in court as they can't prove you cost them 50 bucks. Many people don't know this. One time I overstayed for 2 mins and got such a ticket from a guy that appeared to operate with malice. I put it in the dustbin and waited for a court date. They eventually stopped sending notices after a year. People need to be aware of their rights.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

felarey wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:15 am
felarey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 am Fifa's judgement was not equitable and it really tarnished his reputation. Don't blame him. A life ban smells like some triggered officials wanted to 'show him', they should come explain how they arrived at a life ban.
He claimed he never saw the (email) communication sent to him on more than one occasion.

But let’s not forget. He wasn’t found ‘innocent’ no matter how we try and dress it up.
Remember, it’s not the life ban (which has been quashed anyway) that has primarily tarnished his reputation. It’s the bribery allegation which he wasn’t able to shake off.
I hope he has a top lawyer and a strong case. He better play the race card join.
My tenant didn't pay my $1000 rent according to our tenancy agreement. So I evicted him and claim he owes me $100,000 all in. I tell everyone about it and get a collections agency after him to ruin his credit. Clearly I've injured him and he's entitled to sue me for his injury. Claiming 100K over 1K is clearly not equitable. This is what their life ban did to him. Like being sentenced to death for car theft.

A few years ago, my car got towed on the street in front of my house for an expired licence plate by parking enforcement. It had expired 2 days before on Dec 31st. I wasn't home and was on holidays. Came back 5th Jan and saw my car was gone. Called the impound lot and they said they had it. I went there, paid $150 for the towing service and the incurred $35/day fee for the lot (good thing I wasn't away for longer), got the plate renewed for $84 and drove away. I then got an $80 ticket in the mail for the expired plate. I wrote them back to say the costs weren't equitable that I already paid $150 at the impound lot, and renewed for $84.
They wrote back that there's nothing they can do and I'll have to go to court. I got the court date and showed up. I told the crown (this is Canada) that my punishment wasn't equitable given my plate was only 2 days old and I had already paid all this money. The lady saw reason and I made my case to the judge (did a little courtsy before I approached the witness stand :D ). She told me to pay 20 bucks and I walked away with a smile.

So you see, a lot of what goes on with fines aren't equitable. For instance, parking tickets. You fail to pay 3 bucks and they send you 50 bucks ticket. It's unlawful. Only the city/govt should get away with such as you have to renew your plate. Private parking companies have no right to do so. You really only owe them that 3 bucks and that's what will come out in court as they can't prove you cost them 50 bucks. Many people don't know this. One time I overstayed for 2 mins and got such a ticket from a guy that appeared to operate with malice. I put it in the dustbin and waited for a court date. They eventually stopped sending notices after a year. People need to be aware of their rights.
Your parked car in front of your house got towed for expired plate sticker ? Wao!!! You guys dey suffer for there. This would never happen in the US
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

jette1 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:52 am
felarey wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:15 am

Your parked car in front of your house got towed for expired plate sticker ? Wao!!! You guys dey suffer for there. This would never happen in the US
Yep, you can't leave a car with expired registration on a city street. Even in a condo/apartment building, there are bylaws that prevent you from leaving it in a carport or garage, it could be towed. But you can do what you want in your own private garage and maybe driveway.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Goodluck to him. This is the way to prove his case not have Bigporkey wax his usual unsubstantiated theories on why a black or Naija man is never guilty.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:30 pm Goodluck to him. This is the way to prove his case not have Bigporkey wax his usual unsubstantiated theories on why a black or Naija man is never guilty.
come on stop these childish rants/accusations, i never said such ..my goodness
SuperEagles

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

An offer was made which he never discussed with the guy (based on purported e-mail correspondence). The guy was offering him a job in Australia and was making his demands. Siasia's response was that the guy can do whatever he likes but that he Siasia will only do his job. There was no evidence of discussing how much to be offered and which account to be paid into. So if the 'crime' was that Siasia did not report then he can claim to be waiting for when the agent comes up with firm proposal. I don't think there is any evidence that Siasia even discussed the offer with the man.

When I compared this with Sam Alladyce then it is obvious that FIFA is totally UNFAIR!

For him to have filed in USA, it shows he is getting some support. Will love to see how this will end
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:46 pm

An offer was made which he never discussed with the guy (based on purported e-mail correspondence). The guy was offering him a job in Australia and was making his demands. Siasia's response was that the guy can do whatever he likes but that he Siasia will only do his job. There was no evidence of discussing how much to be offered and which account to be paid into. So if the 'crime' was that Siasia did not report then he can claim to be waiting for when the agent comes up with firm proposal. I don't think there is any evidence that Siasia even discussed the offer with the man.

When I compared this with Sam Alladyce then it is obvious that FIFA is totally UNFAIR!

For him to have filed in USA, it shows he is getting some support. Will love to see how this will end
Source for this inside info please.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Look at this UK CE joker, now you want more info , but you were all over the forum accepting that FIFA is/was 100% accurate, and that Siasia is guilty because he is Nigerian ( a black man)
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It sounds simple and straightforward the way you have described it but I sincerely doubt you have access to the email correspondence or any records used to reach the decision.
CAS could easily have dismissed all the charges and even reprimanded FIFA for their decision if it was that clear cut.
You also need to at least consider whether you are being just as guilty of bias in the way you are willing to pronounce the man innocent. I am not as confident as you are.
The fact that Sam Allardyce beat the system does not and should not impact on the merits and demerits of this or any other case.
It’s not as if the whole establishment is packed with racist white men. He beat the rap probably because he had the resources to put up a stout legal defense maybe on a technicality, not because he was ‘innocent’.
We see it all the time as you know and one prays that the evidence used to convict Siasia shows him to be completely innocent as you say.
But I’m not holding my breath.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 am The fact that Sam Allardyce beat the system does not and should not impact on the merits and demerits of this or any other case.
It’s not as if the whole establishment is packed with racist white men. He beat the rap probably because he had the resources to put up a stout legal defense maybe on a technicality, not because he was ‘innocent’.
We see it all the time as you know and one prays that the evidence used to convict Siasia shows him to be completely innocent as you say.
Just to refresh my memory, I looked up the 2016 Allardyce case, only to discover that FIFA was never involved in the whole saga.
There are no reports of him ‘winning the case’ or ‘beating the rap’ anywhere which is the impression I got from the way it is described here.
So it never got to FIFA.

It was a British newspaper sting investigation that hit the headlines and didn’t go very far apart from costing him his England manager job after just one game in charge. Many others named including Jimmy Hasselbaink simply walked, while a few lost their jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Engl ... ll_scandal

The 2006 Allardyce case alleging bribes received through his son Craig which was thoroughly investigated also did not involve FIFA. The investigation which was a much wider one looking into corruption in the English game, did not find any evidence but amongst other things, found his association with his son Craig’s activities a “conflict of interest”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Engl ... ens_report

Not sure how FIFA got onto Siasia’s case but it was probably by chance when tracking or investigating the notorious Asian businessman.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Has anyone seen the complaint he filed against FIFA?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm Hmmmm.
This is a siddon look situation.
I hope he has sought very wise counsel with a good chance of winning.
Doesn't look like it from the looks of the attorney that filed the suit, and judging from excepts from the complaint reported in articles. I suspect it probably gets thrown out of court. He is claiming that his fine and ban was "cruel and unusual" in violation of the 8th amendment, which applies to U.S. state (federal state and local) actors... none of which FIFA is...

There are also most likely jurisdictional issues with this case as well. I would love to see the full complaint, but I suspect uber driver 1kobo would have done a better job than this attorney that is representing him...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:21 am
Cito wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Look at this UK CE joker, now you want more info , but you were all over the forum accepting that FIFA is/was 100% accurate, and that Siasia is guilty because he is Nigerian ( a black man)
Too much pork is affecting your reasoning faculties, not that you had that much anyway. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Where did you read the rubbish you just wrote?
:taunt: :taunt:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:09 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 am The fact that Sam Allardyce beat the system does not and should not impact on the merits and demerits of this or any other case.
Just to refresh my memory, I looked up the 2016 Allardyce case, only to discover that FIFA was never involved in the whole saga.
There are no reports of him ‘winning the case’ or ‘beating the rap’ anywhere which is the impression I got from the way it is described here.
So it never got to FIFA.

It was a British newspaper sting investigation that hit the headlines and didn’t go very far apart from costing him his England manager job after just one game in charge. Many others named including Jimmy Hasselbaink simply walked, while a few lost their jobs.

The 2006 Allardyce case alleging bribes received through his son Craig which was thoroughly investigated also did not involve FIFA. The investigation which was a much wider one looking into corruption in the English game, did not find any evidence but amongst other things, found his association with his son Craig’s activities a “conflict of interest”.

Not sure how FIFA got onto Siasia’s case but it was probably by chance when tracking or investigating the notorious Asian businessman.
Exactly my point. How come Siasia case got to FIFA and Sam Alladyce own did not get to FIFA? Is football in UK no longer 'regulated' by FIFA? How come someone that did not REPORT offer of a 'bribe' is getting a life ban BUT Sam Alladyce was not even queried by FIFA?

I never pronounced Siasia innocent. However it will be interesting to understand the actual crime.

I never said FIFA was racist. There is obvious bias in who they decide to 'prosecute' and the sentence they passed.

If justice depends on how much money you have then that is UNFAIR
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:23 am
So it never got to FIFA.

Exactly my point. How come Siasia case got to FIFA and Sam Alladyce own did not get to FIFA? Is football in UK no longer 'regulated' by FIFA? How come someone that did not REPORT offer of a 'bribe' is getting a life ban BUT Sam Alladyce was not even queried by FIFA?

I never pronounced Siasia innocent. However it will be interesting to understand the actual crime.

I never said FIFA was racist. There is obvious bias in who they decide to 'prosecute' and the sentence they passed.

How on earth are the cases comparable? FIFA was investigating a worldwide match fixing syndicate that Siasia got caught up in. In Siasia's case, FIFA had a cooperating witness in Perumal who flipped and spilled the beans, and Siasia admits to have communicated with him. Do you anything similar in Allardyce's case?
Perumal was banned for life by the world governing body and Siasia was also handed a life ban in August 2019.The former Nigeria national team coach has maintained his innocence and vowed to fight the ban he believes he got only because “FIFA couldn’t reach me via email to clear my name”.“When FIFA started investigating him they found exchanges between me and the man. They sent me messages to confirm my relationship with Perumal, unfortunately they couldn’t reach me and simply assumed I was in cahoots.
https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/fifa-li ... j-perumal/

They had email exchanges between both parties, and Siasia refused to appear to defend himself blaming his emails. How is this bias?

With Allardyce, there was an inquiry and the Stevens report cleared him in the alleged bung case. What did you want FIFA have to do? When Obasi claimed he was asked for bribe to make the 2014 world cup did you ask why FIFA didnt investigate? Or when Taye Taiwo said he left the Eagles due to "Keshi's dirty dealing" did you talk about "bias" when FIFA didn't investigate? Even Perumal claimed to have rigged our qualifier against Kenya in 2014, was it bias that FIFA didnt follow up on those claims too?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:08 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:23 am
So it never got to FIFA.

How on earth are the cases comparable? FIFA was investigating a worldwide match fixing syndicate that Siasia got caught up in. In Siasia's case, FIFA had a cooperating witness in Perumal who flipped and spilled the beans, and Siasia admits to have communicated with him. Do you anything similar in Allardyce's case?
Perumal was banned for life by the world governing body and Siasia was also handed a life ban in August 2019.The former Nigeria national team coach has maintained his innocence and vowed to fight the ban he believes he got only because “FIFA couldn’t reach me via email to clear my name”.“When FIFA started investigating him they found exchanges between me and the man. They sent me messages to confirm my relationship with Perumal, unfortunately they couldn’t reach me and simply assumed I was in cahoots.
https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/fifa-li ... j-perumal/

They had email exchanges between both parties, and Siasia refused to appear to defend himself blaming his emails. How is this bias?

With Allardyce, there was an inquiry and the Stevens report cleared him in the alleged bung case. What did you want FIFA have to do? When Obasi claimed he was asked for bribe to make the 2014 world cup did you ask why FIFA didnt investigate? Or when Taye Taiwo said he left the Eagles due to "Keshi's dirty dealing" did you talk about "bias" when FIFA didn't investigate? Even Perumal claimed to have rigged our qualifier against Kenya in 2014, was it bias that FIFA didnt follow up on those claims too?
Got you. FIFA had no need to investigate nor punish Alladyce because he did nothing wrong or FIFA was not aware. He only was removed from his position.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Siasia's football license was issued by the US federation, so that is why he took them to court (FIFA)

Here, Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”), the worldwide governing body of soccer, exercised governmental function when FIFA investigated and adjudicated a charge of bribery, a crime, against Samson Siasia (“Siasia”), a United States citizen, which function has traditionally been exclusively the domain of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the United States Department of Justice, (USDOJ) and the Judicial branch of government or the State government.

"After finding Siasia guilty, FIFA then imposed a fine of 50,000 Swiss Francs and lifetime ban from using his professional coaching license that was issued by the U.S. Soccer Federation. As a result, defendant is in violation of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 of the Civil Rights Act, (“Section 1983”) among others, for depriving plaintiff of his constitutional rights under color of state law,”
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I am afraid that I have to laugh in English language on this one.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

XX
Last edited by metalalloy on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:28 am Siasia's football license was issued by the US federation, so that is why he took them to court (FIFA)

Here, Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”), the worldwide governing body of soccer, exercised governmental function when FIFA investigated and adjudicated a charge of bribery, a crime, against Samson Siasia (“Siasia”), a United States citizen, which function has traditionally been exclusively the domain of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the United States Department of Justice, (USDOJ) and the Judicial branch of government or the State government.

"After finding Siasia guilty, FIFA then imposed a fine of 50,000 Swiss Francs and lifetime ban from using his professional coaching license that was issued by the U.S. Soccer Federation. As a result, defendant is in violation of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 of the Civil Rights Act, (“Section 1983”) among others, for depriving plaintiff of his constitutional rights under color of state law,”
Bros this doesn't work on so many levels.
Siasia's football license was issued by the US federation, so that is why he took them to court (FIFA)
But he isn't suing the USSF, he is suing FIFA, the USSF was not involved in his match fixing case where he got banned. Thats the primary U.S. link to this case which is why i said above I suspect he will have jurisdictional issues with this case. If anything (and this is a reach), he probably should have brought the suit in Georgia where is from and where he presumably would have received any emails from FIFA regarding his case. If he was going to sue, the logical place to do so is Switzerland, not the SDNY. Just because he is a US citizen is not enough, you cant go to Ghana and be involved in a dispute and run back to the U.S. and sue merely because you are a U.S. citizen.
defendant is in violation of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 of the Civil Rights Act, (“Section 1983”) among others, for depriving plaintiff of his constitutional rights under color of state law,
FIFA is a private Swiss association, I can't imagine the kind of legal gymnastics that would have to be employed to reach a conclusion that FIFA was acting under color of the U.S. or any of the U.S states.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

but didn't the US expose fifa them a while back? which resulted to a shake up. ( they are still a private entity)
SuperEagles