Iheanacho Exclusive In Wednesday's CITY Matchday Magazine

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Iheanacho Exclusive In Wednesday's CITY Matchday Magazine

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2204546/ihean ... y-magazine

Kelechi Iheanacho speaks inside the first issue of the 2021/22 season's CITY Matchday Magazine ahead of Villarreal's visit to King Power Stadium.
More on this story...
Villarreal Tickets Now On General Sale
- Striker Kelechi Iheanacho is the main feature interview in Wednesday's CITY Matchday Magazine
- The Club's programme returns for Leicester City's home friendly against Villarreal
- Iheanacho discusses the impact the Blue Army could have this season
- Issue one of the official programme is 84 pages long and priced at £3

Leicester City welcome the Spanish outfit to Filbert Way for the Club's only home pre-season fixture of the summer on Wednesday (7:45pm BST kick-off) – and Foxes fans can be there, with remaining tickets now on general sale.

Ahead of the game, fans will be able to pick up their copy of the 84-page official matchday magazine, which alongside Iheanacho's interview, features exclusives with new LCFC Women signing Georgia Brougham and youth prospect Ben Nelson.

Also included will be all the regular features the Foxes faithful have come to expect, including notes from Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, manager Brendan Rodgers and Club Ambassador Alan 'The Birch' Birchenall, as well as John Hutchinson's fascinating heritage section.

Speaking inside Wednesday's programme, Iheanacho, City's top goalscorer in all competitions last term, discussed his objectives for the new season.

It will be hugely different. Playing for so long without fans makes you realise just how important they are.

Kelechi Iheanacho CITY Matchday Magazine
"Personally, I don’t really set targets," he said. "Of course you want to strive for the best, but I don’t set targets. I like to take things as they come. You never know what’s going to happen from game to game. If I was to set targets and they weren’t to be achieved, I don’t know how that would alter my mentality."

The Nigeria international is also pleased to have the chance to play in front of a large home crowd on Filbert Way and emphasised their importance.

"It will be hugely different," the 24-year-old added. "Playing for so long without fans makes you realise just how important they are. Here’s an example: when the gaffer or the coaches shout when you’re on the ball and you have a player on you, you can kind of hear them.

"But when home fans are in the ground and you hear the roar of ‘man on’ or something, they have an impact on your awareness. It’s things like that which have been missed by every team – and that will be back this season. We can’t wait to have them back in the stadium."
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved