NPFL players on the move abroad!! GK Nwabali Joins South African club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL players on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by Sunset »

Meanwhile Sunday Adetunji is the joint 2nd goalscorer in the North Macedonian league despite missing the start of the season as they're 7 points clear at the top of the table.
[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset,

I believe Sun day has a couple of games for the SE. I have to check that. I believe Rohr called him to camp for a short stint while he was at an NPFL club (Enyimba?).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:29 pm Sunset,

I believe Sun day has a couple of games for the SE. I have to check that. I believe Rohr called him to camp for a short stint while he was at an NPFL club (Enyimba?).
For the George Weah match :thumb:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lolly wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:05 pm It appears the Homebased Eagles is a shop window for local players looking to move abroad.

The following players in the squad that played Mexico have all moved within a few months (some within weeks) of the match. Wonderful.

Anayo
Tebo
Ndah
Olawoyin
Shimaga
Ashimenee
Adetunji

Who is next?
List updated. Adetunji also gone.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Former Plateau UTD CM Oche Ochowechi getting minutes for Feirense in Portugal

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:17 pm 5 goals and 3 assists in 15 games for Olawoyin so far in the 1st half of the season.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Another goal + Assist for Olawoyin in Turkey :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:14 pm Another goal + Assist for Olawoyin in Turkey :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
I am waiting for him to keep his form and get to super eagles. This guy is the real deal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:49 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:14 pm Another goal + Assist for Olawoyin in Turkey :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
I am waiting for him to keep his form and get to super eagles. This guy is the real deal.
Ibrahim Olawoyin, an Enugu Rangers star!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 pm Silas Nwankwo joins Swedish side Mjallby :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Homebased Eagles already on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:34 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:21 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:40 pm Good moves underlining what others think of their talent. That conveyor belt is no where near ending. It is churning and churning......

I thought we were told they could not trap the ball...... Yet they are headed to the pros elsewhere where they will immediately sweep past those who have received years of training in Euro academies?
Prof....you dey distort argument o. :rotf:
Is it not the argument you have dismissed as being irrelevant that the NPFL is haemorrhaging to foreign moyin-moyin clubs at alarming and unsustainable rates making it near impossible to find SE-worthy players?
Because they are being snapped up by opportunistic, often exploitative foreign clubs by no means implies the players are ready for the SE.

If anything, it is confirmation that at any time 't', our best players are abroad and overwhelmingly our local players are those left behind.
Let's not even consider the use of the 'R' word here, since it seems it only applies to Nigeria-eligible players on the fringe of the national teams of the world's top footballing nations.

The argument isn't and never was about foreign poaching, but about whether they are good enough to make the elite SE list of 23 players. :idea:
Damunk

Actually, this is consistent with not just my argument but what the facts indicate.

1. Players will move for economic reasons.
2. Players will continue to be produced in Nigeria that are very good. It is a conveyor belt.
3. Because of the two above one should never ignore players locally. While they may not be plentiful, there is always a possibility if one locally that is good enough for SE.

I hope the above is clear. The key word is perhaps "conveyor belt" production of players. That word should make it clear.
If you have experts in the position to know what they are looking the National team wouldn’t have to rely on clubs from abroad to indicate how good a player is
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Charles Atshimene in his first start on loan gets his first league goal in the Portuguese 2nd division, he was also the reason the oppositions GK got sent off :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Anayo with a goal and assist in the CAF CL for Esperance

Olawoyin with his 7th league assist (6 goals) in the Turkish 1. Lig
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Anayo wont be in Esperance much longer at this rate. Its a shame so many good players are being left out of the NT because selfish mofos like Ahmed Musa and Odion Ighalo refuse to retire.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Silas Nwankwo scores his first goal in the Swedish league!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunday Adetunji has won the North Macedonian League wit FC Shkupi and has 4 more games to increase his league tally of 19 goals :clap: :clap: :clap:
[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Olawoyin & Adetunji were the two best attacking exports this season with both getting double digit goal contributions for their clubs.

Olawoyin ended the Turkish season wit 8 goals & 8 assists in 33 games playing either as an AM or LW

While Adetunji won the league and Golden boot in North Macedonia with 20 league goals & 6 assists in 28 games

Their chances of moving to a tougher league are very high so its interesting to see how that develops.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

https://punchng.com/eguavoen-drops-five ... -friendly/
Squad list

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); John Noble (Enyimba FC); Stanley Nwabali (Lobi Stars)

Defenders: Olisa Ndah (Akwa United); Adekunle Adeleke (Abia Warriors); Tope Olusesi (Rangers International); Imoh Obot (Enyimba FC); Tebo Degaulle (Nasarawa United);Lawal Murtala (Kwara United); Enyinnaya Kazie (Rivers United)

Midfielders: Anthony Shimaga (Rangers International); Seth Mayi (Akwa United); Uche Onwuasonaya (Plateau United); Samuel Nnoshiri (Katsina United)

Forwards: Anayo Iwuala (Enyimba FC); Stephen Jude (Kwara United); Ibrahim Olawoyin (Rangers International); Charles Ashimene (Akwa United); Auwalu Malam (Kano Pillars); Nenrot Emmanuel (Plateau United); Abdulmutalif Sanusi (Katsina United); Sunday Adetunji (Rivers United); Mohammed Zulkifilu (Plateau United)
Looks like another player from that infamous Mexico friendly has joined a foreign club, this time it's the starting GK Stanley Nwabali (26) who joins PSL side Chippa United (Akpeyi's former club) after he got relegated from the NPFL last season with Katsina.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NPFL players on the move abroad!! GK Nwabali Joins South African club

Post by 1naija »

So we have a world class goalkeeper like Nwabali and we are calling up Israeli League baskets to the National team? To be a hungry agents no good o. No principle! Tufiakwa!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Talk about underwhelming highlights. Whoever made that video needs to learn how to compile good moments to make a player standout.
1naija wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:32 pm So we have a world class goalkeeper like Nwabali and we are calling up Israeli League baskets to the National team? To be a hungry agents no good o. No principle! Tufiakwa!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Have you seen the highlights from Israel? It's very basketful, I tell you.
olu wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 pm Talk about underwhelming highlights. Whoever made that video needs to learn how to compile good moments to make a player standout.
1naija wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:32 pm So we have a world class goalkeeper like Nwabali and we are calling up Israeli League baskets to the National team? To be a hungry agents no good o. No principle! Tufiakwa!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Well, there is something that this goalie does that our current NT goalies are unable to do --- long range distribution that endangers the opponent and he appears quite accurate doing so with hands!! That is definitely welcomed and amazing. Neither Okoye nor Uzoho have been able to do this.