NPFL players on the move abroad!! GK Nwabali Joins South African club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPFL players on the move abroad!! GK Nwabali Joins South African club

Post by Sunset »

BK Häcken borrows back talent
https://bkhacken.se/nyhet/bk-hacken-lan ... ch&pto=aue

BK Häcken has completed a loan of 21-year-old Franklin Tebo Uchenna. The midfielder comes from Nigerian Nasarawa United FC and the loan extends the season.

Franklin Tebo Uchenna comes from Nigeria and has last season played in the Nigerian top league with his Nasarawa United FC, which finished in fourth place in the table. He was scouted during a tournament organized by Tiki Taka Academy this spring.

- We were in Nigeria to look for a midfielder and Franklin was the player who stood out the most - he was the most mature in his game and had come the furthest in his development. He fits well into the profile we have been looking for, says sports director Martin Ericsson.

Franklin Tebo Uchenna has started most of the team's matches during the season and is now replacing the green colors with yellow-black. He is doing his first training with the club today.

- I am very happy to be here, it is a professional environment I have ended up in and I look forward to getting to know the team and the club, says Franklin Tebo Uchenna.

Martin Ericsson on the new acquisition:

- Franklin has a very good physique with both flexibility, strength and speed - qualities that give him good conditions to become a very good midfielder. Now we get the chance to see him in place in our environment, which feels exciting. Hopefully he can meet our expectations and we can exercise the option we have.

The loan extends the season with an option for another four years.
Last edited by Sunset on Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Homebased Eagles already on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by Sunset »

Olisa Ndah off to South Africa for trials, says Boboye
https://aoifootball.com/2021/08/05/olis ... ys-boboye/
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - August 5, 2021 159 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter

Just days after the Promise Keepers were declared 2020/2021 champions of the Nigeria Professional Football League, AOIFootball.com can confirm that their defender, Olisa Ndah has jetted out of the country to South Africa for trials with PSL club Orlando Pirates.

Coach of the title-winning side Kennedy Boboye confirmed this in a radio interview monitored on Brila FM.

According to Boboye, keeping his best legs at the club ahead of next season would be a challenge, as he pointed out that he has already kicked started the process of scouting and replacement of possible departures in the team.

“I can confirm to you that Olisa Ndah has traveled to South Africa for trials which clearly means the season has ended already for him. He is one of our best defenders but you know we cannot stop him if he intends to seek greener pastures elsewhere,” the former U-23 Assistant Coach stated.

Boboye however disclosed plans by the reigning NPFL champions to recruit the best legs to prosecute the league and have a good participation in the CAF Champions League.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Good moves underlining what others think of their talent. That conveyor belt is no where near ending. It is churning and churning......

I thought we were told they could not trap the ball...... Yet they are headed to the pros elsewhere where they will immediately sweep past those who have received years of training in Euro academies?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:40 pm Good moves underlining what others think of their talent. That conveyor belt is no where near ending. It is churning and churning......

I thought we were told they could not trap the ball...... Yet they are headed to the pros elsewhere where they will immediately sweep past those who have received years of training in Euro academies?
Prof....you dey distort argument o. :rotf:
Is it not the argument you have dismissed as being irrelevant that the NPFL is haemorrhaging to foreign moyin-moyin clubs at alarming and unsustainable rates making it near impossible to find SE-worthy players?
Because they are being snapped up by opportunistic, often exploitative foreign clubs by no means implies the players are ready for the SE.

If anything, it is confirmation that at any time 't', our best players are abroad and overwhelmingly our local players are those left behind.
Let's not even consider the use of the 'R' word here, since it seems it only applies to Nigeria-eligible players on the fringe of the national teams of the world's top footballing nations.

The argument isn't and never was about foreign poaching, but about whether they are good enough to make the elite SE list of 23 players. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Left to some, this would be the end of their SE consideration since they are no longer homebased.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:21 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:40 pm Good moves underlining what others think of their talent. That conveyor belt is no where near ending. It is churning and churning......

Is it not the argument you have dismissed as being irrelevant that the NPFL is haemorrhaging to foreign moyin-moyin clubs at alarming and unsustainable rates making it near impossible to find SE-worthy players?
Because they are being snapped up by opportunistic, often exploitative foreign clubs by no means implies the players are ready for the SE.

If anything, it is confirmation that at any time 't', our best players are abroad and overwhelmingly our local players are those left behind.
Let's not even consider the use of the 'R' word here, since it seems it only applies to Nigeria-eligible players on the fringe of the national teams of the world's top footballing nations.

The argument isn't and never was about foreign poaching, but about whether they are good enough to make the elite SE list of 23 players. :idea:
Damunk

Actually, this is consistent with not just my argument but what the facts indicate.

1. Players will move for economic reasons.
2. Players will continue to be produced in Nigeria that are very good. It is a conveyor belt.
3. Because of the two above one should never ignore players locally. While they may not be plentiful, there is always a possibility if one locally that is good enough for SE.

I hope the above is clear. The key word is perhaps "conveyor belt" production of players. That word should make it clear.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

all moving to trash clubs and leagues
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:34 am

Damunk

Actually, this is consistent with not just my argument but what the facts indicate.

2. Players will continue to be produced in Nigeria that are very good. It is a conveyor belt.
3. Because of the two above one should never ignore players locally. While they may not be plentiful, there is always a possibility if one locally that is good enough for SE.

I hope the above is clear. The key word is perhaps "conveyor belt" production of players. That word should make it clear.
Prof, I do not agree with you.
It is a very inefficient system that is more detrimental to the success of the national team, as long as we insist in quota-ing players based on their Nigeria location rather than overall merit.

Let's put it in a medical context. The body continues to produce blood as long as the bone marrow is functioning normally. But if you have a chronic (slow, steady, long-standing) loss of blood (eg a peptic ulcer or maybe very heavy monthly bleeding eg fibroids etc), then you will ultimately become anaemic and require blood supplements or even a blood transfusion from 'someone else'. Read: FB Nigerian players 'developed' by England, Germany, etc

Yes, there may be a 'conveyor belt' as you describe it, but no nation can genuinely afford such haemorrhaging and can't compete without access to its very best players wherever they may be.
They certainly can't rely on a supply source that is routinely robbed of its vital nutrients. Read: NPFL
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:06 am Left to some, this would be the end of their SE consideration since they are no longer homebased.
"Some" and it's only Anayo amongst them that has been part of the actual SE which was pretty questionable in itself. Anyway aren't call ups supposed to come as a result of ones form at their current clubs?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:26 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:34 am

Damunk

Prof, I do not agree with you.
It is a very inefficient system that is more detrimental to the success of the national team, as long as we insist in quota-ing players based on their Nigeria location rather than overall merit.

Let's put it in a medical context. The body continues to produce blood as long as the bone marrow is functioning normally. But if you have a chronic (slow, steady, long-standing) loss of blood (eg a peptic ulcer or maybe very heavy monthly bleeding eg fibroids etc), then you will ultimately become anaemic and require blood supplements or even a blood transfusion from 'someone else'. Read: FB Nigerian players 'developed' by England, Germany, etc

Yes, there may be a 'conveyor belt' as you describe it, but no nation can genuinely afford such haemorrhaging and can't compete without access to its very best players wherever they may be.
They certainly can't rely on a supply source that is routinely robbed of its vital nutrients. Read: NPFL
Also, there is a difference between ’very good’ (which is quite arguable) and good enough for the SE. Not a single one of these guys is good enough for the SE, so this is a conveyor belt of quantity rather than quality or in some cases rough diamonds that need a lot of molding by foreign clubs to actually get to NT standard. We are no longer seeing the Finidis from Calabar Rovers straight to Ajax starting team…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof's argument get 'K' leg.
So, what was the whole point of pushing for them to be 'quota'ed' into the SE 'A' team then? They all got their wish to move abroad playing for the 'B' team, didn't they? Yet, the HB protagonists fought and clawed for them to be picked into the SE 'A' team proper.
This was all about money to be made off these guys and had absolutely nothing to do with the so called 'talent' in the local leagues. Nothing to do with bettering the SE and sourcing for the most talented candidates for the job. It was all about selfish desires and greed and unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians (like that imbecile of a Sports Minister) fell for it.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:04 pm Also, there is a difference between ’very good’ (which is quite arguable) and good enough for the SE. Not a single one of these guys is good enough for the SE, so this is a conveyor belt of quantity rather than quality or in some cases rough diamonds that need a lot of molding by foreign clubs to actually get to NT standard. We are no longer seeing the Finidis from Calabar Rovers straight to Ajax starting team…
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:34 pm Prof's argument get 'K' leg.
So, what was the whole point of pushing for them to be 'quota'ed' into the SE 'A' team then? They all got their wish to move abroad playing for the 'B' team, didn't they? Yet, the HB protagonists fought and clawed for them to be picked into the SE 'A' team proper.
This was all about money to be made off these guys and had absolutely nothing to do with the so called 'talent' in the local leagues. Nothing to do with bettering the SE and sourcing for the most talented candidates for the job. It was all about selfish desires and greed and unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians (like that imbecile of a Sports Minister) fell for it.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:04 pm Also, there is a difference between ’very good’ (which is quite arguable) and good enough for the SE. Not a single one of these guys is good enough for the SE, so this is a conveyor belt of quantity rather than quality or in some cases rough diamonds that need a lot of molding by foreign clubs to actually get to NT standard. We are no longer seeing the Finidis from Calabar Rovers straight to Ajax starting team…
I have actually NEVER advocated a quota system. Not at all. If you are able to locate a thread where I did, I will gladly want to take a look.

To be clear, what I have stated is that it makes no sense to ignore scouting the local scene based on a few reasons. I re-state below:

1. That the far greater pool for scouting SE players exists in Nigeria.
2. That the production of quality players from Nigeria is never-ending. It is a conveyor belt.
3. That while a greater number of quality players end up going to foreign leagues, it never forecloses the presence of existing or emerging quality players IN Nigeria,

That based on the above, it is a no-brainer to argue that scouting for SE players in Nigeria should never be foreclosed. While from time to time, there may not be one player (e.g. in a year or two) it does not mean that there will jot be one in year 3.

Hopefully, the above is understandable and clear.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:41 pm
I have actually NEVER advocated a quota system. Not at all. If you are able to locate a thread where I did, I will gladly want to take a look.

To be clear, what I have stated is that it makes no sense to ignore scouting the local scene based on a few reasons. I re-state below:

2. That the production of quality players from Nigeria is never-ending. It is a conveyor belt.
3. That while a greater number of quality players end up going to foreign leagues, it never forecloses the presence of existing or emerging quality players IN Nigeria,

That based on the above, it is a no-brainer to argue that scouting for SE players in Nigeria should never be foreclosed. While from time to time, there may not be one player (e.g. in a year or two) it does not mean that there will jot be one in year 3.

The highlighted is the core point of the debate. The rest are red herrings...

And on the core issue, your point is completely baseless and not informed by the evidence.

None of these players are able to break into quality clubs for them to become useful in the long term for the SE.

Just do a simple comparison of the movement of MLS players vs NPL players over the last 1-2 months...

As Damunk noted, its not about quantity.

The issue is not and has NEVER been whether Nigeria has a conveyor belt of talent, but the quality and of the development of the talent.

And it seems you still do not understand the nuance of the subject and debate...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:08 pm

And on the core issue, your point is completely baseless and not informed by the evidence.

None of these players are able to break into quality clubs for them to become useful in the long term for the SE.

Just do a simple comparison of the movement of MLS players vs NPL players over the last 1-2 months...

The issue is not and has NEVER been whether Nigeria has a conveyor belt of talent, but the quality and of the development of the talent.

And it seems you still do not understand the nuance of the subject and debate...
txj,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to debate with you because you do not demonstrate a modicum of understanding of the local football scene in Nigeria. You need that basic understanding for us to have an intelligent discussion of this topic.

I will move on until you have that very basic level of understanding.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 pm
txj wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:08 pm

txj,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to debate with you because you do not demonstrate a modicum of understanding of the local football scene in Nigeria. You need that basic understanding for us to have an intelligent discussion of this topic.

I will move on until you have that very basic level of understanding.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I see you are channeling sunset...

When peeps lack substance in debates with me, they typically start asking me how much I know about Nigerian domestic football.

What that tells me is that they have no credible response.

I assure you I do, and have going all the way back to the mid 80s when I used to travel with Leventis in the then 2nd div. I personally invest in making sure I keep up to date on the players and teams...as I do in football generally.

I even have an informal advisory role with some academy, so called...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Former Rivers United duo Stephen Gopey & Godwin Okwara both score on their debuts in Ukraine & Uzbekistan respectively

5:00

7:00
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Samuel Noshiri (20) training with Spanish side Real Oviedo
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:10 am Image

Now that is a real talent.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:10 am Image

There are many more around. I was speaking earlier today with a guy who has moved a lot of Cameroonian guys to Europe and the USA and he points out that these scouts are barely scratching the surface. In his estimation, for each talent discovered, there are perhaps nine others not given an opportunity. In my view, that is not at all surprising given that the scouting is not quite in-depth at the moment as the reliance is mostly on recommendations, major tournaments, and periodic camps.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Former U20 LB and 3rd choice Rivers UTD LB Solomon Ogberahwe was signed by Danish 2nd division side Jammerbugt

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL players on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by Sunset »

Innocent Kingsley (19) also joined Turkish side Adanaspor where he only made 4 appearances but for their U19's was amongst the top goalscorers

His only assist for the senior team @ 0:57

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:06 am Left to some, this would be the end of their SE consideration since they are no longer homebased.
As it should. If he decides to follow the money and go to a 'backwater' league, then he loses his slot.

His slot will have to be taken by another homebased deserving of the slot.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!