NPFL players on the move abroad!! GK Nwabali Joins South African club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Homebased Eagles already on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:50 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:06 am Left to some, this would be the end of their SE consideration since they are no longer homebased.
As it should. If he decides to follow the money and go to a 'backwater' league, then he loses his slot.

His slot will have to be taken by another homebased deserving of the slot.
lol, none of them are good enough for SE...plus the backwater league is better than the NPFL...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL players on the move abroad!! Anayo, Tebo, Ndah & more

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:25 am Former U20 LB and 3rd choice Rivers UTD LB Solomon Ogberahwe was signed by Danish 2nd division side Jammerbugt

Very talented player. It will be interesting to see how his career progresses in Denmark.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 pm [tweet][/tweet]
They also signed Ochowechi from Plateau Utd according to Owngoalnigeria - https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/08/ ... npfl-star/
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I have to say that I really like Anthony Shimanga from Enugu Rangers. It will be interesting to see how he develops in Portugal.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:47 pm all moving to trash clubs and leagues
What’s your point? Aren’t these trash clubs and leagues better than your home based clubs and league? When was the last time a Nigerian club beat Esperence❓❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:scared:

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:49 pm [tweet][/tweet]
Sunset,

These personal videos make a player look good. Ndah has received accolades but his game against the Mexican side was average in my opinion. He looked challenged for pace in that game but this video indicates otherwise. I have also watched his game previously with the earlier version of Eagles B and the pace was an issue then IMO. One thing cis clear though -- he does time his tackles quite well and reads the attacker's movement well in several games that I have watched.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:41 am
Sunset,

These personal videos make a player look good. Ndah has received accolades but his game against the Mexican side was average in my opinion. He looked challenged for pace in that game but this video indicates otherwise. I have also watched his game previously with the earlier version of Eagles B and the pace was an issue then IMO. One thing cis clear though -- he does time his tackles quite well and reads the attacker's movement well in several games that I have watched.
Well everyone in that Mexico game were below average tbh, but you can't compare that level of play with anything in Africa besides the very top sides. Ndah's problem is moreso anticipation than pace as he gets complacent when he thinks he's fully read a situation of play. Seeing the manner in which he led Akwa UTD to the NPFL title him playing well this level shouldn't be surprising at all, personally i'm looking forward to see how he measures up against Mamelodi Sundowns in particular as they bring a very unique & dominant style of football that is similar to that Mexican side.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:11 am
Enugu II wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:41 am
Sunset,

Well everyone in that Mexico game were below average tbh, but you can't compare that level of play with anything in Africa besides the very top sides. Ndah's problem is moreso anticipation than pace as he gets complacent when he thinks he's fully read a situation of play. Seeing the manner in which he led Akwa UTD to the NPFL title him playing well this level shouldn't be surprising at all, personally i'm looking forward to see how he measures up against Mamelodi Sundowns in particular as they bring a very unique & dominant style of football that is similar to that Mexican side.
Sunset

I agree on your take on that Mexico game. Also the fact that they had barely trained together and then faced a well oiled top rank team was evident.

As for Ndah, i hope you are correct because what you describe is easy to correct. For me his anticipation is good which is very important. I hope he makes the right decision when he has opportunity to further his career beyond the RSA.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset

Thanks for this on Ndaah. I realize he gave up the deciding pk in this match but that is neither here nor there. The most important thing is that he is getting to play consistently well.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Looks like Ibrahim Olawoyin has been converted to an AM for his Turkish club, of most Nigerian wingers I think his skillset is probably the closest fit to that of a traditional AM.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 am Looks like Ibrahim Olawoyin has been converted to an AM for his Turkish club, of most Nigerian wingers I think his skillset is probably the closest fit to that of a traditional AM.

Sunset

Any clue and why it took Olawoyin such a long time to get out of NPFL? The guy has been an undisputed baller for sometime and I always wondered why less talented lads were leaving ahead of him. Whats the gist because there is got to me more beyond infield play.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

5 goals and 3 assists in 15 games for Olawoyin so far in the 1st half of the season.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:16 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 am Looks like Ibrahim Olawoyin has been converted to an AM for his Turkish club, of most Nigerian wingers I think his skillset is probably the closest fit to that of a traditional AM.

Sunset

Any clue and why it took Olawoyin such a long time to get out of NPFL? The guy has been an undisputed baller for sometime and I always wondered why less talented lads were leaving ahead of him. Whats the gist because there is got to me more beyond infield play.
Well its probably because he got a long term injury at the start of last season as I'm sure he would've gotten signed sooner or later
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:21 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Sunset

Well its probably because he got a long term injury at the start of last season as I'm sure he would've gotten signed sooner or later
I feel it is time for Olawoyin to get a serious look as per SE. I have liked the guy for a while and you never know if he can be the solution in the middle.
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

It appears the Homebased Eagles is a shop window for local players looking to move abroad.

The following players in the squad that played Mexico have all moved within a few months (some within weeks) of the match. Wonderful.

Anayo
Tebo
Ndah
Olawoyin
Shimaga
Ashimene

Who is next?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:05 pm It appears the Homebased Eagles is a shop window for local players looking to move abroad.

The following players in the squad that played Mexico have all moved within a few months (some within weeks) of the match. Wonderful.

Anayo
Tebo
Ndah
Olawoyin
Shimaga
Ashimene

Who is next?
Lolly

Players will always move to greener pastures even our plays in Norway and places like that move. Olawoyin, in my recollection, may not have been in the squad that played in the Mexico friendly. In my view his move had been long long expected given his quality. He has not been called up to SE yet but watch out when he is. Baller certified.
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:51 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:05 pm It appears the Homebased Eagles is a shop window for local players looking to move abroad.

Anayo
Tebo
Ndah
Olawoyin
Shimaga
Ashimene

Who is next?
Lolly

Players will always move to greener pastures even our plays in Norway and places like that move. Olawoyin, in my recollection, may not have been in the squad that played in the Mexico friendly. In my view his move had been long long expected given his quality. He has not been called up to SE yet but watch out when he is. Baller certified.
Its an odd coincidence that the ones I listed all got clubs weeks after being named in the squad. And I am sure a few others would have gone for trials.

https://punchng.com/eguavoen-drops-five ... -friendly/
Squad list

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); John Noble (Enyimba FC); Stanley Nwabali (Lobi Stars)

Defenders: Olisa Ndah (Akwa United); Adekunle Adeleke (Abia Warriors); Tope Olusesi (Rangers International); Imoh Obot (Enyimba FC); Tebo Degaulle (Nasarawa United);Lawal Murtala (Kwara United); Enyinnaya Kazie (Rivers United)

Midfielders: Anthony Shimaga (Rangers International); Seth Mayi (Akwa United); Uche Onwuasonaya (Plateau United); Samuel Nnoshiri (Katsina United)

Forwards: Anayo Iwuala (Enyimba FC); Stephen Jude (Kwara United); Ibrahim Olawoyin (Rangers International); Charles Ashimene (Akwa United); Auwalu Malam (Kano Pillars); Nenrot Emmanuel (Plateau United); Abdulmutalif Sanusi (Katsina United); Sunday Adetunji (Rivers United); Mohammed Zulkifilu (Plateau United)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."