Nigeria 2 vs Liberia 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria 2 vs Liberia 0 Live

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm The level of disgrace on display here is incredible!

It means we cannot plant and maintain one good pitch in the entire country
Nna, growing playing surfaces is very very expensive. Cost of drainage alone nobe beans. Then you talk about maintaining the actual pitch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Apparently been raining 2 days straight in Lagos...still no excuse tho
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm What an eyesore of a pitch. Shame on the SW part of Lagos.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

It be like say that volley ball session help setup Nacho’s goal!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm
gochino wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm Where are those that say Nacho has a bad first touch? Oya come out before I name una :D
that troll damunk is a critic of Kele
I’ve noticed you.
Calm down. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This should be the last time we play in tgis stadium. It looks like something from the 1960s. Shame...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:49 pm
txj wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm The level of disgrace on display here is incredible!

Nna, growing playing surfaces is very very expensive. Cost of drainage alone nobe beans. Then you talk about maintaining the actual pitch.
There are high schools maintaining pitches. It has ZERO to do with costs

Go to SHELL in PHC, how do they maintain their pitch? Do they have underground drainage? No!

Lets not start making excuses!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

tedder89 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:50 pm Apparently been raining 2 days straight in Lagos...still no excuse tho
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm What an eyesore of a pitch. Shame on the SW part of Lagos.
It is a very valid excuse. Sometimes the volume of rain can overwhelm any drainage system.

Personally, I am glad to have the games back in Lagos where we can actually have fans show up to watch the game and give us homefield advantage.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:51 pm It be like say that volley ball session help setup Nacho’s goal!!!
yes with that poor hotel pitch as well

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

tedder89 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:50 pm Apparently been raining 2 days straight in Lagos...still no excuse tho
That shait will look even worse if it didnt rain.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Looks like there was an 'owambe' party or religious crusade on that pitch last night. :veryangry:
Last edited by joao on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Simon, in my view, and Aribo are two players playing up to their usual form. Some others are simply involved in a walk through. Ndidi, particularly, is not it for this game. BTW, this field is really a downer given all the hype.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Modern drainage supposed to dey.
Everybody knows it rains heavily in Lagos and southern Nigeria.
That’s why we have tropical rain forests.

Dem no go school? :roll:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm
gochino wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm Where are those that say Nacho has a bad first touch? Oya come out before I name una :D
He has a bad first touch.

But ge did well with THIS first touch.
If his first touch is as bad as you claim it is, how come he’s scored so many goals on that bad first touch❓❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gochino.

Welcome to 2021.

Are you still discussing four years ago?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1970s mentality...

It rains in Uyo and Port Harcourt also, but go and look at those pitches.

Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm
It is a very valid excuse. Sometimes the volume of rain can overwhelm any drainage system.

Personally, I am glad to have the games back in Lagos where we can actually have fans show up to watch the game and give us homefield advantage.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

The incessant rain in Lagos hasn’t helped any. That field doesn’t drain well at all.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm This should be the last time we play in tgis stadium. It looks like something from the 1960s. Shame...
The stadium is an eyesore.
Ugly as muck.
We should just stick with the Uyo stadium, abeg.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Go to SHELL in PHC, how do they maintain their pitch? Do they have underground drainage? No!

Dude, give it a rest. When you have non-stop torrential rain, it will overwhelm many a drainage system.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What happened to the Uyo stadium? This pitch is a national embarrassment
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

This pitch is just like CE….hype,hype,hype and then fizzle🤭
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Why do you just love to make excuses for Nigerian incompetency?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1 vs Liberia 0 Live

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:42 pm Defensively our organization has been far from the best. For me, I will bring on Etebo for Kelechi to provide better balance.
Ndidi appears leggy and his positional discipline is wack. That's where the problem is coming from
I feel its part poor movement by Ndidi and part poor rotation into open spaces by his teammates - hence wide gaps in midfield at times. Luckily Liberia hasn't been able to exploit this but Rohr needs to sort it out pronto.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:57 pm
txj wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Dude, give it a rest. When you have non-stop torrential rain, it will overwhelm many a drainage system.

If you do not understand something, just keep quiet!

Drainage system design is supposed to FIRST take into consideration the volume and intensity of runn-off...