Nigeria 2 vs Liberia 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 vs Liberia 0

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:15 pm LOL. I guess the technology used in football stadia is not accessible to other stadia managers? In any case, that photo was of a football field and a top division football field to boo. In Europe.

BTW, for all interested that photo was from a WCQ match between England and Poland (I guess that was not a soccer game!! LOL). Here is the link as well as the photo posted here that Txj claims falsely was not from a football stadium: https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsConten ... -duri.aspx. You judge for yourself.

You know that you can search for these things as well. It isn't difficult and they are numerous. Where tarps do not exist it lead to postponement of games.

There is a reason why tarps are used. That should be easy to figure out.

It has a retractable roof bro.
This happened because the roof wasn’t closed.

It’s a poor example, however you chose to look at it.

Here’s a quote from FT on this:

https://www.ft.com/content/64ca25de-3b3 ... 2f4a1ee284

The stadium problem appeared to stem from a simple lack of decision-making over the ability to close the roof when the weather turned sour over the afternoon, while cost-cutting apparently resulted in the pitch not having appropriate drainage, which meant that it turned into a lake in the rain.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:39 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:15 pm LOL. I guess the technology used in football stadia is not accessible to other stadia managers? In any case, that photo was of a football field and a top division football field to boo. In Europe.

BTW, for all interested that photo was from a WCQ match between England and Poland (I guess that was not a soccer game!! LOL). Here is the link as well as the photo posted here that Txj claims falsely was not from a football stadium: https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsConten ... -duri.aspx. You judge for yourself.

You know that you can search for these things as well. It isn't difficult and they are numerous. Where tarps do not exist it lead to postponement of games.

The stadium problem appeared to stem from a simple lack of decision-making over the ability to close the roof when the weather turned sour over the afternoon, while cost-cutting apparently resulted in the pitch not having appropriate drainage, which meant that it turned into a lake in the rain.
Txj

Wow, what a revelation? So you cannot see that the tarp and the roof serve the same purpose? Without them? Your guess is as good as mine.

Bros, I guess you now realize that it indeed was a football fame? LOL. It is important to research these things rather than depending on tenacity rather than a reasoned argument with supported sources.

The point is that the field was waterlogged and ruined. I guess you are now admitting that it can happen in Europe when the field is not covered? Thanks for clandestinely making that admission. We now realize that much. If Nigeria had a roof or a tarp, the field would likely have been in better condition. Thus, it isnt the field? Hopefully, the link is clear.

Really, there is no need to dig further. We realize the crux of the argument. What we do not know is whether Nigeria had a tarp and it leaked underneath to keep it in the condition that we all saw. LOL.

BTW, the retractable roof not been closed was because of incompetent officials with a major international around the corner. It is quite disappointing that it could happen in Europe. I hope you agree.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 pm
txj wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:39 pm

Txj

Wow, what a revelation? So you cannot see that the tarp and the roof serve the same purpose? Without them? Your guess is as good as mine.

Bros, I guess you now realize that it indeed was a football fame? LOL. It is important to research these things rather than depending on tenacity rather than a reasoned argument with supported sources.

The point is that the field was waterlogged and ruined. I guess you are now admitting that it can happen in Europe when the field is not covered? Thanks for clandestinely making that admission. We now realize that much. If Nigeria had a roof or a tarp, the field would likely have been in better condition. Thus, it isnt the field? Hopefully, the link is clear.

Really, there is no need to dig further. We realize the crux of the argument. What we do not know is whether Nigeria had a tarp and it leaked underneath to keep it in the condition that we all saw. LOL.

BTW, the retractable roof not been closed was because of incompetent officials with a major international around the corner. It is quite disappointing that it could happen in Europe. I hope you agree.

At this point I’m not sure who your argument is with!

Tarps are a tool for preventing turf damage. As is retractable roof..
I’ve repeatedly agreed with you on this. They are tools to protect a pitch from the elements.

But even the tarp cannot solve the problem of an uneven pitch, or bald surface. Both of which are evident in the Lagos stadium.

A tarp cannot solve the problem of poor drainage. Or failure to routinely maintain a grass surface and prevent bald patches.

The article I posted clearly identified incompetence as a major factor here in the polish case.

It’s interesting that the Polish Minister nearly resigned for this, but a Nigerian Professor is offering this as an alibi for serial failures in Nigeria!

Unfortunate….just shows what our standards and expectations are….
Last edited by txj on Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:45 pm
txj wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:39 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:36 pm
txj wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:37 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:49 pm
mystic wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Simple!

All these alibis floating around all over the place. The pitch was poor and we need to do better.
Mystic

Even in other places the field would have been terrible given the rains. In my view, what may have missing is a simple thing of having a tarp over the field throughout the rain period as is done in places to avoid severe damage.

That’s actually not correct and I would like to see actual examples.

Irrespective of the rains or any other weather events, it almost always comes down to the quality of the turf/grass, how it is laid, the drainage and the quality/regularity of maintenance.

Most countries in the northern hemisphere have to deal with rains as well as snow and still have well maintained pitches.
Txj

How would you see examples when tarps are in fact used to prevent such? That is precisely why the tarps are used because the fields can only take so much.

But the tarps are part of the management and maintenance, are they not?

Let me ask you. Even without the elements, will the field not also suffer wear and tear from regular use?
Yes, they are. That is what is lacking. The point I am making is simply that it is not all about the field itself.

By the way, you asked for it..... here is a waterlogged field in Europe.

It’s always about the field AND maintenance. Both go hand in hand and cannot be separated.

The image didn’t come through. But my point remains that irrespective of extreme weather events, poor pitches are not inevitable. A pitch can be waterlogged in one moment, and then drain well enough to not be an impediment to football.

Would be interesting to see pictures of the pitch you showed throughout the game to see how it held up or failed…