Chidera Ejuke: "The thing you dey find go Sokoto..."

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chidera Ejuke: "The thing you dey find go Sokoto..."

Post by Tbite »

I agree with you Damunk.

The funny thing that I noticed in the 1st game, was that Ejuke was very successful through the middle of the park. The commentator was talking about how the CAR defence were hard to breakdown, all the while I just saw Ejuke slicing through their defence like it was a picnic.

When I saw Ola Aina on the right hastily delivering the ball to no man's land, I was puzzled. Because not only did Ola Aina stink up the joint with his abysmal deliveries, but it was absolutely unnecessary. Ejuke was having a lot of success through the middle. Why was Ola Aina using the game as a practice session, just pass the ball to Ejuke and let him do his thing. If you can't cross, an international game is not the place to be learning how to do it.

but Ejuke really looks like he can slice through defences. I really thought that Chukwueze was like winning the lottery, in terms of his close control, but Ejuke is very good as well, if not better in that regard. When Chukwueze is fit and ready, he can play on the wing, Simon can play on the other side or whoeever else.

but Yes Ejuke can play through the middle of the park. Certainly Musa cannot be playing in the midfield. Playing Musa in the engine of a football team is akin to replacing Lewis Hamilton with a blind man.

Ejuke however needs to learn to play with those around him. Jay Jay Okocha for all his talent, was not as efficient as he should have been. Ejuke needs to learn efficiency. The interplay between Ejuke and Osimhen for example was atrocious.

BUT, the positive thing is that he is positionally aware, perhaps just overeager to reclaim his place in the 1st team. Of course I haven't seen much of his long range distribution, or even mid-range distribution. Not saying he doesn't have it, I just haven't researched it. If he doesn't have those qualities, then this idea is dead at the onset.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:12 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm So when Chukwueze returns to fitness and the likes of Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo also return...will Rohr drill adopt the 352 for the next two games? I really want to see Chukwueze or Ejuke been tried in that CAM role.
The conundrum is this

443 or 352

443 we can utilize our AM (Iwobi or EJuke) while also using the good wing forwards we have like Chukwueze, Ejuke, Kalu (hopefully Lookman) but here we dont use a second striker (Iheanacho)

with the 352 we can utilize a second striker but we get less play from our wing forwards.

I think the formation should depend on who is available and the opponents we play. Now that our best wing forward (chukwueze) is injured it makes sense to go with 352

I just never want to see 442 again. We have never really played well with this formation .
I certainly agree that without Samu, we don’t have the personnel for 433 and we certainly don’t have the midfielders to allow us to play any variation of 442. Not really sure what Rohr was experimenting with there.

I do think there is a subtle difference for us re 352 or 3511. You can play Osimhen on his own up front with a withrawn striker behind him who can protect the ball and link up play. That’s not Nacho or Onuachu or Moffi but it certainly can be Iwobi or Ejuke.

Of course the person that transforms these midfield conundrums is Ndidi, who is the world’s best out and out defensive shield. With him you can afford to play Aribo and Iwobi as part of a central three with strong wingbacks (I would suggest Aina and Simon) ensuring the team maintains an attacking threat while staying competitive in the middle.

Samu though, throws that all up in the air and finding a way to accommodate him, Iwobi and Ejuke means we’re likely to revert to a 4-3-3 (really 4231) when he’s available.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:04 am I agree with you Damunk.

The funny thing that I noticed in the 1st game, was that Ejuke was very successful through the middle of the park. The commentator was talking about how the CAR defence were hard to breakdown, all the while I just saw Ejuke slicing through their defence like it was a picnic.

When I saw Ola Aina on the right hastily delivering the ball to no man's land, I was puzzled. Because not only did Ola Aina stink up the joint with his abysmal deliveries, but it was absolutely unnecessary. Ejuke was having a lot of success through the middle. Why was Ola Aina using the game as a practice session, just pass the ball to Ejuke and let him do his thing. If you can't cross, an international game is not the place to be learning how to do it.

but Ejuke really looks like he can slice through defences. I really thought that Chukwueze was like winning the lottery, in terms of his close control, but Ejuke is very good as well, if not better in that regard. When Chukwueze is fit and ready, he can play on the wing, Simon can play on the other side or whoeever else.

but Yes Ejuke can play through the middle of the park. Certainly Musa cannot be playing in the midfield. Playing Musa in the engine of a football team is akin to replacing Lewis Hamilton with a blind man.

Ejuke however needs to learn to play with those around him. Jay Jay Okocha for all his talent, was not as efficient as he should have been. Ejuke needs to learn efficiency. The interplay between Ejuke and Osimhen for example was atrocious.

BUT, the positive thing is that he is positionally aware, perhaps just overeager to reclaim his place in the 1st team. Of course I haven't seen much of his long range distribution, or even mid-range distribution. Not saying he doesn't have it, I just haven't researched it. If he doesn't have those qualities, then this idea is dead at the onset.
Tbite, welcome back. :thumb:
CE has missed you.

If I had my way, I'd arrange a 1-on-1 between Ejuke and the great JJ Okocha.
Let JJ sit him down and have a long friendly chat.
JJ will tell him where he is, what he is doing wrong and most importantly, his own experience and how he (JJ) eventually got it right.
I think that would go a long way in Ejuke's footballing education, having a personal mentor like JJ.

In fact. I think a personal mentoring scheme should be adopted for many of our young and less experienced talented players.

A few years ago, Ndidi might have benefitted from being mentored by Oliseh.
Or Chukwueze by Amunike, Maduka and Uzoho by Enyeama.

You never know...maybe Osimhen mentored by Thiery Henri sef...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

if only he can look up to pick a pass after dribbling the entire stadium, find the open player (like Osimhen who was WIIIIIIDE OPEN) and lay the ball..Osimhen would have been one on one yesterday..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Sunset wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:40 pm His best position is LW plain and simple....
WRONG.
Indeed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Speaks eloquently and humbly. The intelligence dey. :thumbs: :thumbs:
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:12 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm So when Chukwueze returns to fitness and the likes of Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo also return...will Rohr drill adopt the 352 for the next two games? I really want to see Chukwueze or Ejuke been tried in that CAM role.
The conundrum is this

443 or 352

443 we can utilize our AM (Iwobi or EJuke) while also using the good wing forwards we have like Chukwueze, Ejuke, Kalu (hopefully Lookman) but here we dont use a second striker (Iheanacho)

with the 352 we can utilize a second striker but we get less play from our wing forwards.

I think the formation should depend on who is available and the opponents we play. Now that our best wing forward (chukwueze) is injured it makes sense to go with 352

I just never want to see 442 again. We have never really played well with this formation .
VE, 443. You wan play 12 people! :D