AKPEYI: The Best Financial Advice I received.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AKPEYI: The Best Financial Advice I received.......

Post by Enugu II »

“The best financial advice I’ve ever gotten” – Super Eagles goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi shares investment tips
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 23 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria, This Week 0
https://soccernet.ng/2021/09/the-best-f ... tment-tips

The South Africa-based Nigerian star is known for his shot-stopping skills between the goalposts, but his endeavours outside of the football pitch have taken centre stage for once

Super Eagles goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi had called upon his fellow footballers to “invest in property” rather than spending their money on “material things”.

The 35-year-old Kaizer Chiefs shot-stopper is at the latter phase of a career that has seen him play for Nasarawa United, Heartland FC, Warri Wolves, Chippa United, and the Amakhosi for the last two and a half years.

Akpeyi has featured 16 times for Nigeria, and he was in the Super Eagles squad that defeated Liberia and Cape Verde in the past few days.

He, however, did not make it off the bench as head coach Gernot Rohr continues to prefer Sparta Rotterdam goalie Maduka Okoye in goal.

But Akpeyi’s focus is gradually shifting to life after football, and the former Gabros International star has revealed that he is not a big fan of acquiring material things.

“The best financial advice I have ever gotten is [that] I shouldn’t make material things a necessity for me. I’ve always been told that I need to get financial support in making my own finances and become my own financial support for myself and my future,” Akpeyi said in an interview with Kaizer Chiefs TV.

“Instead of looking into cars and trying to wear the fancy clothes and all that, I was actually advised not to make those things my own necessities at any point in time. I just need to make a proper foundation for myself.”

Akpeyi also opened up on his decision to invest in properties and how it is already yielding good fruits.

Akpeyi added: “The best investment that I have made is real estate. I try to get into real estate, and it’s not big, but it’s small, and it’s coming on gradually. At least I can say that I have one or two properties that are coming up.

“With the little income that I am earning, I am just trying to make sure that I have one or two properties here because for now, still being in the game, that is what I can manage from afar.”

Akpeyi will re-join Chiefs alongside Bruce Bvuma as both Amakhosi stars return from international duty with Nigeria and Bafana Bafana, respectively.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics