IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Post by wanaj0 »

Cito wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:33 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 pm
mcal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:57 pm
fabio wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 am
How does Amuneke “deserve” a chance? On what basis?
Don’t get me wrong. I love the guy but that is just sentiment.
So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.
So all sentiments aside, what has he been doing in the last two years?

Same with Finidi. Same with Oliseh.
Sentimental aside, what was Rohr doing before he got employed by the NFF?
...sitting on the way side doing this, as oyinbo got automatic call :lol: :lol:

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2008–2009 Étoile Sahel[3]
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
Well you can say Amunike's experience the same gap that **** had in between 1992 and 1996 or 1996 and 1999. Gaps happen, but Amunike has coached and won with our youth NT's and coached a senior NT before and qualified them for ANC and coached at ANC. So its unfair to insinuate he has no viable qualifications for the job. Certainly has more than the likes of Seedorf that Cameroon hired and even Senegal's current coach who did better than **** at the last ANC.
maceo4, abeg don’t bring yet another straw man.
He has the qualifications. The question is what has he done with them. No one is contesting what qualifications he has acquired.
We are NOT trying to disrespect him or any other Nigerian coach.
Oliseh has qualifications. Finidi has qualifications. I’m sure Amokachi and those other Nigerians coaching in remote Europe all have too.
If na qualification alone, there are thousand of them all over the world looking for a job.

But I’m surprised that getting Tanzania to qualify for AFCON is now seen as a ‘qualification’ in itself, good enough for Nigeria; but the AFCON bronze is rubbished as “no big deal” and ‘qualifying’ with games to spare is casually dismissed.
Then of course there is the hush-hushed fact that Amuneke’s Tanzania ended up DEAD LAST at the same AFCON (or was it second to last? Same difference). Let’s not even mention the club ‘experiences’ he has had since then.

Can you see how the debate isn’t really an honest one?
People are just refusing to hear the other side and forcing the opening of Amuneke’s Pandora’s Box which we’d all rather avoid.
For a country that last qualified almost 40 years ago and as their only ever qualification to AFCON, one can say anyone that qualifies them deserve a chance. That person can make diamond out of cow turd. Tanzania qualification by Amunike was a Mission impossible that he managed to pull off.

My point is, Amunike has coached a few men's team and didn't crap himself while doing it. He actual got non football Tanzania to play well. One can only do so much with no skills. The man should be considered as a viable option for the management of the SE. His team plays with a purpose and tactically set up well and that what we need more than anything on the SE.
:agree:

You can only wonder what such a coach can achieve with better talent!

What was Rohr's achievement with Niger? Even with Burkina Faso
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 pm
So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
Well you can say Amunike's experience the same gap that **** had in between 1992 and 1996 or 1996 and 1999. Gaps happen, but Amunike has coached and won with our youth NT's and coached a senior NT before and qualified them for ANC and coached at ANC. So its unfair to insinuate he has no viable qualifications for the job. Certainly has more than the likes of Seedorf that Cameroon hired and even Senegal's current coach who did better than **** at the last ANC.
He has the qualifications. The question is what has he done with them. No one is contesting what qualifications he has acquired.
Oliseh has qualifications. Finidi has qualifications. I’m sure Amokachi and those other Nigerians coaching in remote Europe all have too.
If na qualification alone, there are thousand of them all over the world looking for a job.

But I’m surprised that getting Tanzania to qualify for AFCON is now seen as a ‘qualification’ in itself, good enough for Nigeria; but the AFCON bronze is rubbished as “no big deal” and ‘qualifying’ with games to spare is casually dismissed.
Then of course there is the hush-hushed fact that Amuneke’s Tanzania ended up DEAD LAST at the same AFCON (or was it second to last? Same difference). Let’s not even mention the club ‘experiences’ he has had since then.

People are just refusing to hear the other side and forcing the opening of Amuneke’s Pandora’s Box which we’d all rather avoid.
For a country that last qualified almost 40 years ago and as their only ever qualification to AFCON, one can say anyone that qualifies them deserve a chance. That person can make diamond out of cow turd. Tanzania qualification by Amunike was a Mission impossible that he managed to pull off.

My point is, Amunike has coached a few men's team and didn't crap himself while doing it. He actual got non football Tanzania to play well. One can only do so much with no skills. The man should be considered as a viable option for the management of the SE. His team plays with a purpose and tactically set up well and that what we need more than anything on the SE.

:clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

I will not be surprised IF Nigeria has won more ANC bronze than the number of times that Tanzania has qualified for the ANC. So while winning bronze is nothing for Nigeria qualification for ANC is a BIG deal for Tanzania.

Qualification for WC is not a big deal for Nigeria but it is a big deal for Togo! While Nigeria has qualified for WC many times Togo has done it only once so any coach that is able to do that for them will be highly rated.

What was Rohr's performance in Niger and even Burkina Faso? How different was it when compared with Amuneke?

I will be shocked IF Amuneke is not able to better Rohr's achievement with the SE given the same 'support' from the NFF!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then prepare to be shocked.
You can’t “better” Rohr’s record unless you win AFCON.
Of course, that one na beans.
Nigeria has the undisputed best team in Africa. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...look here people, the question is whether na local coach or foreign oyinbo coach, the bigger elephant is the NFA giving support to a coach.
We all know the tug of war Keshi and Amodu went thru during their tenure and still produced good results.
The argumenta should be letting a foreigner mange the NFA, enough of Picnik and co, and others that may come after him.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

I will not be surprised IF Nigeria has won more ANC bronze than the number of times that Tanzania has qualified for the ANC. So while winning bronze is nothing for Nigeria qualification for ANC is a BIG deal for Tanzania.

Qualification for WC is not a big deal for Nigeria but it is a big deal for Togo! While Nigeria has qualified for WC many times Togo has done it only once so any coach that is able to do that for them will be highly rated.

What was Rohr's performance in Niger and even Burkina Faso? How different was it when compared with Amuneke?

I will be shocked IF Amuneke is not able to better Rohr's achievement with the SE given the same 'support' from the NFF!
You can better his record if you lose in the final
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

You can better his record if you lose in the final
Exactly, as if golden bronze is not a normal thing for SE achieved by a host of 'local' coaches, last coach wey no fit na **** German colleague...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 pm You can better his record if you lose in the final
You don’t honestly believe that Mahrez missing that last minute free kick and the SE going on to beat Algeria on penalties that day would have made one jot of difference to today’s narrative?
“Not good enough”
“Another moral victory”
“Golden silver”
”He went to learn”
“Amuneke/Finidi/Unnamed coaching genius (choose one) woulda done better”

You know how it goes. :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm I will be shocked IF Amuneke is not able to better Rohr's achievement with the SE given the same 'support' from the NFF!
The “Hol’on first, your salary is soon coming’’ support, right?

Or is it the “You must invite this quota of local players” support?
Or the “Play this veteran player” support?
Or the “Use this potato farm pitch for the game. You must manage it as a manager is consign” support?
Or even the ‘support’ given by not paying his players their promised allowances?

Which special ‘support’ are you referring to specifically?
Motivational speeches?
Flight ticket from di abroad?
Assigning the great Yobo as his first assistant?

Which one?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:24 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

:clap:
As recently as 2020, Amunike was the Technical Director of Makkasa, an Egyptian Club. He is also part of the current FIFA Technical Study group to make revisions to the rules of the game. The man has an attractive resume and has the football background and "home turf" knowledge to manage the Super Eagles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Amunike
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm I do not get some of you guys. Why have sentiments towards a coach? That is one of the highest turnover jobs on this planet. We've let many managers go and we've won AFCON . qualified for WCs etc Chelsea , Real etc do change managers and they win big...instead you people are promoting mediocrity . We aren't going anywhere with ****. Mind you the dude will me 69 years old. What new ideas can we get from him? We are going to have a 70 year old as coach...smh
Has your NFF paid him the salary he's been owed? You want a world class manager but you can't even pay the below average one you have :rotf:
so believe a white man would work for free in Africa for months without getting paid.. you've been bamboozled. i repeat no man would be on a gig for almost 1 year with no pay to eeat
He has told you he is not a hungry man.
When he was younger he obviously invested his money wisely and didn’t spend it all on “shewens” and “72 inch colour TVS” :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Once upon a time on these very here pages some of yous were saying that a local coach who hasn't been paid should resign... that unless he is benefiting by other means he should stay on a job where he is chronically being owed.

Anyway, my stance on **** is known. I just don't believe he is a championship calibre coach. Not for Naijaria not even for Germany or France. I have stated here before and I repeat, some coaches are good at starving off relegation... some arw good at maintaining (i.e. beating teams you are supposed to beat and losing to teams you are supposed to lose).
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fetus Onigbinde won AFCON silver and had a 1st round exit at the worldcup... hmmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm I do not get some of you guys. Why have sentiments towards a coach? That is one of the highest turnover jobs on this planet. We've let many managers go and we've won AFCON . qualified for WCs etc Chelsea , Real etc do change managers and they win big...instead you people are promoting mediocrity . We aren't going anywhere with ****. Mind you the dude will me 69 years old. What new ideas can we get from him? We are going to have a 70 year old as coach...smh
Has your NFF paid him the salary he's been owed? You want a world class manager but you can't even pay the below average one you have :rotf:
so believe a white man would work for free in Africa for months without getting paid.. you've been bamboozled. i repeat no man would be on a gig for almost 1 year with no pay to eeat
He has told you he is not a hungry man.
When he was younger he obviously invested his money wisely and didn’t spend it all on “shewens” and “72 inch colour TVS” :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Once upon a time on these very here pages some of yous were saying that a local coach who hasn't been paid should resign... that unless he is benefiting by other means he should stay on a job where he is chronically being owed.

Anyway, my stance on **** is known. I just don't believe he is a championship calibre coach. Not for Naijaria not even for Germany or France. I have stated here before and I repeat, some coaches are good at starving off relegation... some arw good at maintaining (i.e. beating teams you are supposed to beat and losing to teams you are supposed to lose).
Some of yous were sayin that, true.
Some of yous have now made an about-face based on feelings.
Some of yous are loudly calling for the same treatment be meted out to Rohr that you are now decrying as having been unfairly meted out to Amodu.

Some of yous are really funny. :taunt: :lol: :taunt: :lol:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:39 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 pm You can better his record if you lose in the final
You don’t honestly believe that Mahrez missing that last minute free kick and the SE going on to beat Algeria on penalties that day would have made one jot of difference to today’s narrative?
“Not good enough”
“Another moral victory”
“Golden silver”
”He went to learn”

I only corrected your statement. It was not correct to say that only a tournament win would have bettered Rohr's record.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:54 pm
“Not good enough”
“Another moral victory”
“Golden silver”
”He went to learn”

I only corrected your statement. It was not correct to say that only a tournament win would have bettered Rohr's record.
A second round exit at the WC and a golden bronze will better Rohr's record.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

:atc:

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

A golden bronze plus a 2nd round WC exit will better Rohr's record.

A golden silver plus first round WC exit will better Rohr's record!

There is nothing is Rohr's performance that is much better than Amuneke's own considering the talents and the support both had.

Nigeria may not have the undisputed best team. However we can build a team that is able to CHALLENGE and COMPETE with the best. We did not have the undisputed best team when we last won the AFCON and qualified for the 2nd round of the WC. We should aim for the top.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“Not good enough”
“Another moral victory”
“Golden silver”
”He went to learn”

Get the context of what I was saying.
You be real lawyer. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A 'golden silver' wouldn't have been good enough for those Nigerians that insist on seeing nothing good in Rohr.
In fact I bet you, even a gold will be only grudgingly acknowledged by many of them - after all, it wouldn't be at his "first attempt", so therefore, "not good enough".

We are already hearing how his results so far (which the usual suspects love to dismiss) are because "he has the support of the NFF" and he has "better players".
Which special support is that?
And no be he choose the players he like?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am A golden bronze plus a 2nd round WC exit will better Rohr's record.

There is nothing is Rohr's performance that is much better than Amuneke's own considering the talents and the support both had.

Nigeria may not have the undisputed best team. However we can build a team that is able to CHALLENGE and COMPETE with the best. We did not have the undisputed best team when we last won the AFCON and qualified for the 2nd round of the WC. We should aim for the top.
Just to clarify please...do you mean we need to "challenge and compete with" the best in Africa or the best in the world?
Just so I understand your statement better.
Tenx.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am
wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am A golden bronze plus a 2nd round WC exit will better Rohr's record.

Just to clarify please...do you mean we need to "challenge and compete with" the best in Africa or the best in the world?
Tenx.
Our aspiration is to challenge and compete with the best in the world. We did that in the 90's but we did not sustain it.

The STARTING point is to challenge and compete with the best in Africa and become the BEST in Africa as we did in 1994 and 2013 and followed it up by challenging and competing with the best in the world!

Anyone that does not have that aspiration is not fit to be associated with us!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

Tenx.
Our aspiration is to challenge and compete with the best in the world. We did that in the 90's but we did not sustain it.

The STARTING point is to challenge and compete with the best in Africa and become the BEST in Africa as we did in 1994 and 2013 and followed it up by challenging and competing with the best in the world!

Anyone that does not have that aspiration is not fit to be associated with us!
Okay, so you are talking of an aspiration.
I don't have a problem with that.
Nobody does.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:27 am
“Not good enough”
“Another moral victory”
“Golden silver”
”He went to learn”

Get the context of what I was saying.
You be real lawyer. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A 'golden silver' wouldn't have been good enough for those Nigerians that insist on seeing nothing good in Rohr.
In fact I bet you, even a gold will be only grudgingly acknowledged by many of them - after all, it wouldn't be at his "first attempt", so therefore, "not good enough".

We are already hearing how his results so far (which the usual suspects love to dismiss) are because "he has the support of the NFF" and he has "better players".
Which special support is that?
And no be he choose the players he like?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NFF's support for Rohr is rubbish. But it is still far better than that afforded local coaches. And yes, he has a good squad (that is no excuse for other coaches - we are always one of the best in Africa).

As for his results, I would not have opposed it of he was sacked after the WC or Nations Cup. This is simply because we have done better in both tournaments in our recent pass. And of course, I was not impressed with our style in both tournaments.

But we have to give him credit for every good result he has achieved, including his qualifying record. I can't knock him for the WC and ACN without giving him credit for some fantastic displays especially in the 2018 qualifiers. He has been decent so far in the 2022 qualifiers.