Bonke vs Juventus

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Bonke vs Juventus

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tedder89 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 pm Malmo vs Zenit

More of the same for Bonke in the first half; tidy without ever really dominating midfield
you do know they are playing with a man down via a red card ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:18 pm

More of the same for Bonke in the first half; tidy without ever really dominating midfield
you do know they are playing with a man down via a red card ?
Yea, Boinky and co chopping 3 goals vs mighty Zenith...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Important to understand the roles in the modern team game.

He's the holding MF with Christensen in a more advanced role.

That said, hard to pick out anybody in a woeful Malmo performance...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope I never get to see this guy in the GWG again, at least for all its worth, he can be proud of himself for once wearing the GWG to play for Nigeria in a crucial qualifier game.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm I hope I never get to see this guy in the GWG again, at least for all its worth, he can be proud of himself for once wearing the GWG to play for Nigeria in a crucial qualifier game.
This is the junk that Rohr chose over the likes of Alhassan and Nwobodo who are both tearing up the Belgian and Turkish leagues respectively.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mystic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:09 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:35 am Terrible player, the fact that Rohr even considers this guy an understudy to Ndidi worries me
He's not terrible. He is just a solid professional who served his role as emergency depth when he was needed. At the current time Oghenekaro Etebo, Frank Onyeka and Semi Ajayi are Ndidi's backups in the national team. It remains to be seen what Rohr will do with Bonke, if at all he has any further plans for him. Don't believe everything you read in the media.
Thank you Jare! The boy is playing CL football yet the bad Belle mugus here think they know best.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:11 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm I hope I never get to see this guy in the GWG again, at least for all its worth, he can be proud of himself for once wearing the GWG to play for Nigeria in a crucial qualifier game.
This is the junk that Rohr chose over the likes of Alhassan and Nwobodo who are both tearing up the Belgian and Turkish leagues respectively.
Tearing up? :rotf: :rotf: After 3 appearances abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bonke has CL experience which is very important to Pinnock and Rohr.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

With Ndidi/Etebo injured/unavailable looks like Bonke will have some part to play in the two upcoming WC qualifiers

Having watched him a couple of times he's not a like for like replacement, very few people can do what Ndidi does for club and country and make it look so easy (most of the time)

He's however the closest to a dedicated DM in the squad, Onyeka doesn't fill that role at Brentford and Aribo is an offensive midfielder

His positioning is generally good, he doesn't tackle a lot and his passing is tidy.......even in the first half before the red card i never felt that he was fulfilling his role in the midfield

Against Juve, sure much higher level so he didn't stand out but I was hoping to see more of him against Zenit and I came away with the same conclusions from the Juve game......tidy but not much else

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Once upon a time, wasn't Ndidi somewhat like what you described (his first season while at KRC Genk) prior to him evolving into the 'must have' midfielder he is today?
Bonke is no Ndidi BUT he helps provide some balance to our corps of midfielders.
tedder89 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:28 pm With Ndidi/Etebo injured/unavailable looks like Bonke will have some part to play in the two upcoming WC qualifiers

Having watched him a couple of times he's not a like for like replacement, very few people can do what Ndidi does for club and country and make it look so easy (most of the time)

He's however the closest to a dedicated DM in the squad, Onyeka doesn't fill that role at Brentford and Aribo is an offensive midfielder

His positioning is generally good, he doesn't tackle a lot and his passing is tidy.......even in the first half before the red card i never felt that he was fulfilling his role in the midfield

Against Juve, sure much higher level so he didn't stand out but I was hoping to see more of him against Zenit and I came away with the same conclusions from the Juve game......tidy but not much else