Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Exclusive Inside scoop on squad vs Central African Republic...

Post by txj »

Gadfly wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:25 pm
txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 am
txj wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm ***Dutch international
I believe he's only played in two friendlies, and so not cap-tied...
Nonetheless, I don't think he's any better than the group we currently have. Pass!
Not sure about that vs-Simon.

Rumored to be under serious consideration by Liverpool to compete with Mane...
It is just my opinion but Simon will make a better wing back than all those full backs we currently have.

That will take quite some adjustment. He doesn't have the positional sense of a fullback...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Gadfly wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:25 pm
txj wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 am
txj wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm ***Dutch international
I believe he's only played in two friendlies, and so not cap-tied...
Nonetheless, I don't think he's any better than the group we currently have. Pass!
Not sure about that vs-Simon.

Rumored to be under serious consideration by Liverpool to compete with Mane...
It is just my opinion but Simon will make a better wing back than all those full backs we currently have.

That will take quite some adjustment. He doesn't have the positional sense of a fullback...

Simon played as. RWB for levante when he played in Spain and did so quite well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Danjuma was subbed in and scored for the Oranje vs Gibraltar WCQ

They won 6-0, I think we can safely say now this ship has sailed…..
The Observer wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 pm Jordan Torunarigha - my understanding is that after a period of showing no interest in Nigeria, Jordan had a change of mind but did not want to miss the Olympics opportunity with Germany. Jordan has struggled for playing time this season. Good CD material particularly as he is left footed. I also feel he can adapt well to DM role. However, he is for Qatar in my opinion.

Philip Billing - after using Nigeria to attract attention of the Danish national team, he only had one or two opportunities with Denmark. He was unhappy with being left out of the Euro squad and expressed interest to represent Nigeria. While he earned a recent call up to the Danish national team, itbis reported that he withdrew due to illness. He was left out of the current Danish squad for the upcoming international window. There is a newspaper article that he was left out due to his comments on Nigeria. However, the Danish Manager claim that English Premiership stars are keeping Philip out of the Danish team. Philip's performance last season and so far this season has been impressive (Aribo type midfielder). I believe he featured for Denmark in a friendly match. I see him as a good addition that can be deployed for ANC.

Arnaut Danjuma - Arnaut's case is very similar to his former Bournemouth team mate Philip Billing. However, in Arnaut's case, after two games for the Dutch national team, he has been ignored with no call up. Twice this year there has been reports about his interest to represent Nigeriat if not called up for the Netherlands team. He has been very impressive last season and so far this season. I see him at the same level of Chukwueze and will be a fantastic addition to the Super Eagles. He still meets the nationality switch criteria as he was under 21 when he twice played and scored for the Dutch national team.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.