Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg
Team List - New addition

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Team list as per ng_supereagles

New addition Calvin Bassey Rangers Scotland

Goalkeepers
Maduka Okoye
Daniel Akpeyi
Francis Uzoho

Defenders
William Ekong
Kenneth Omeruo
Abdulalhi Shehu
Chidozie Awaziem
Jamilu Collins
Ola Aina
Calvin Ughelumba
Kevin Akpoguma

Midfielders
Frank Onyeka
Innocent Bonke
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho
Joe Aribo

Forwards
Ahmed Musa
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Paul Onuachu
Chidera Ejuke
Victor Osimhen
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Team List - New addition

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good list. Pretty much the best we have.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Where is Ndidi, Balogun, Etebo. A typo somewhere, injured or fake list
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Calvin bassey😂 so this is the player tobi was trolling yall with..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Where is Ndidi?!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:03 am Good list. Pretty much the best we have.
You sure?

Ndidi, Etebo, Balogun, Sanusi, Moffi, Ebuehi, Onyekuru?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Fake list. Rohr ain’t going anywhere without Ndidi❗️
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

So Rohr takes our Terem Moffi from the list...
afc##
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

So Rohr takes our Terem Moffi from the list...
afc##
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:39 am Calvin bassey😂 so this is the player tobi was trolling yall with..
:bump: :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Tobi17 in his exclusive inside scoop said there will be a 30 man list. I don’t see 30. Maybe they just want VE to have a coronary since there is practically no midfield
iworo
Egg
Egg
Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by iworo »

The German tactician has released a 23-man squad for the Super Eagles back-back 2022 World Cup qualifiers against the Central African Republic

Kelechi Iheanacho and Victor Osimhen lead Nigeria’s 23-man squad for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers against the Central African Republic next month.

Nigeria take on Les Fauves in a doubleheader encounter, knowing a win in both games will all but guarantee their place in the final playoff round.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has named a list of 23 players for the two games, with the in-form Osimhen and Leicester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho headlining the list.

Rohr also handed a debut call-up to Rangers star Calvin Ughelumba Bassey. The 21-year-old was born in Italy, but he is eligible to play for the three-time African champions through his parents.

He has already made seven appearances for Steven Gerrard’s men this season, providing two assists in the League Cup.

Meanwhile, his Rangers teammates, Joe Aribo and Leon Balogun, who are among the key players in the team, have also been invited.

Also, Hoffenheim star Kevin Akpoguma is back after missing the clash against Liberia and Cape Verde due to a positive coronavirus test.

However, Leicester City’s star Wilfred Ndidi is not included as he is currently injured, according to reports from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Watford’s Oghenekaro Etebo also misses out due to an unspecified injury. It gives Malmo’s Innocent Bonke another chance to impress.

Meanwhile, Chidera Ejuke keeps his spot while captain Ahmed Musa is also in the squad.

THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

Defenders: Chidozie Awaziem (Alanyaspor FC, Turkey); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Leon Balogun (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Jamilu Collins (SC Paderborn 07, Germany); Abdullahi Shehu (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Calvin Ughelumba (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany)

Midfielders: Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Innocent Bonke (Malmo FF, Sweden); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Fatih Karagumruk, Turkey); Samuel Kalu (FC Bordeaux, France); Victor Osimhen (Napoli FC, Italy); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Paul Onuachu (KRC Genk, Belgium); Chidera Ejuke (CSKA Moscow, Russia)

The first leg of the encounter takes place on October 7 at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, with the return leg set for October 10 in Douala.

The Super Eagles currently lead their group with six points from two games.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/09/ndidi-out- ... -star.html
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

This list is just so dissapointing and imbalanced on many fronts.

1. Do we really need 9 defenders ? What on earth is the value of Omeruo and frankly Shehu on this team ? Omeruo has Balogun, Troost, Akpoguma, and Awaziem all ahead of him. In what world do we need 5 central defenders ? For what fuc*ing purpose ? Shehu also is not needed, and now Ebuehi has lost his place. I dont know what Ebuehi has done to Rohr because they way he has been treated he may be regretting his switch to Nigeria. The guy has performed consistently, yet is getting dissed for a scrub in Cyprus. Even central defenders have been played at RB with him sitting on the bench.

2. Midfield is downright pathetic. 3 fuc*ing midfielders including a carpenters apprentice named Bonke. I will tell you all now. Do not be surprised if we fail to qualify for World Cup or fail at afcon AS A DIRECT RESULT of Rohr's disrespect of the midfield position. This is the second time we have had to do without both Ndidi and Etebo, and this joke of a coach thinks Bonke is the solution. Alhassan and Kingsley are injured but no reason not to call Nwobodo, Nwakali, even Ejaria. Nwobodo is currently leading the Turkish league in tackles per game.

3. Calvin Bassey was the "big fish" Are you kidding me ? This is who they claim they had to "keep a secret" to ward off any advances from England. What a letdown. He may be a decent option, but I was hoping for a gamechanging player, not somebody who is not really better than what we already have.

4. The dropping of Moffi is inexcusable considering we have 9 defenders. Should Osimehn get injured we would be forced to start the slow basketball player, and he has proven he has no business starting matches for us because he does not play with the Naija rhythm. We dont need a TAP IN striker. Rohr has not learned his lesson after the Cameroon and Algeria friendly debacles. Onuachu is not a reliable starter for SE. Osimehn needs a legit backup.

5. Ahmed Musa. I'm sorry to say, but can this guy just tear an achilles or something.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by DAgrin »

What's going on with Ndidi? I'm quite sure he'll play Leicsters next league game. The club has announced no injury update. Ndidi has missed some competetive matches for Nigeria here and then. I hope he is not frustrated by the NFFs lacking professionalism. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndidi out, but Osimhen leads Nigeria list for CAR as Rohr also hands debut call up to Rangers star

Post by Damunk »

DAgrin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm What's going on with Ndidi? I'm quite sure he'll play Leicsters next league game. The club has announced no injury update. Ndidi has missed some competetive matches for Nigeria here and then. I hope he is not frustrated by the NFFs lacking professionalism. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes.
Na wa.
See as you just jump from Lekki to Ojota in one giant leap for mankind.
I fear you. :scared:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:41 pm This list is just so dissapointing and imbalanced on many fronts.

1. Do we really need 9 defenders ? What on earth is the value of Omeruo and frankly Shehu on this team ? Omeruo has Balogun, Troost, Akpoguma, and Awaziem all ahead of him. In what world do we need 5 central defenders ? For what fuc*ing purpose ? Shehu also is not needed, and now Ebuehi has lost his place. I dont know what Ebuehi has done to Rohr because they way he has been treated he may be regretting his switch to Nigeria. The guy has performed consistently, yet is getting dissed for a scrub in Cyprus. Even central defenders have been played at RB with him sitting on the bench.

2. Midfield is downright pathetic. 3 fuc*ing midfielders including a carpenters apprentice named Bonke. I will tell you all now. Do not be surprised if we fail to qualify for World Cup or fail at afcon AS A DIRECT RESULT of Rohr's disrespect of the midfield position. This is the second time we have had to do without both Ndidi and Etebo, and this joke of a coach thinks Bonke is the solution. Alhassan and Kingsley are injured but no reason not to call Nwobodo, Nwakali, even Ejaria. Nwobodo is currently leading the Turkish league in tackles per game.

3. Calvin Bassey was the "big fish" Are you kidding me ? This is who they claim they had to "keep a secret" to ward off any advances from England. What a letdown. He may be a decent option, but I was hoping for a gamechanging player, not somebody who is not really better than what we already have.

4. The dropping of Moffi is inexcusable considering we have 9 defenders. Should Osimehn get injured we would be forced to start the slow basketball player, and he has proven he has no business starting matches for us because he does not play with the Naija rhythm. We dont need a TAP IN striker. Rohr has not learned his lesson after the Cameroon and Algeria friendly debacles. Onuachu is not a reliable starter for SE. Osimehn needs a legit backup.

5. Ahmed Musa. I'm sorry to say, but can this guy just tear an achilles or something.
When people bring this up and use it to invalidate all your other valid points you go dey wonder why.
Why are you so emotional? :rotf:
Half of your points are just blurted out without even checking info already available on the forum.
Na wa for you sha. :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Good squad overall. Rohr sticking with the familiar like he said he would. I would have gone with the following instead:

Ebuehi over Shehu
One out of Ejaria (if eligible), Nwobodo, or Nwakali over Bonke
Sanusi over Collins (Hard to fault Rohr on his choice though since Sanusi isn't getting much playing time for Porto)
Semi Ajayi over Omeruo
Last edited by olu on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rohr understands, he must have players in SE from the north whether the player is good or not. Rohr for the most part picks his own selected players on merit. He doesn't venture out too much. Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

olu wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:49 pm Good squad overall. Rohr sticking with the familiar like he said he would. I would have gone with the following instead:

Ebuehi over Shehu
Sanusi over Collins (Hard to fault Rohr on his choice though since Sanusi is getting much playing time for Porto)
Semi Ajayi over Omeruo
But what about Musa?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:49 pm Good squad overall. Rohr sticking with the familiar like he said he would. I would have gone with the following instead:

Ebuehi over Shehu
Sanusi over Collins (Hard to fault Rohr on his choice though since Sanusi is getting much playing time for Porto)
Semi Ajayi over Omeruo
Sanusi has been starting in the CL, but I must admit his form has been poor. But is Bassey better than either one of these guys? Guess we will see. Ebuehi, I dunno what to say about him, basically I see a player who hasn’t gotten over the psychological effects of his previous injury and basically does the bare minimum and tries nothing more. I don’t know what’s going on with him, but basically the current Ebuehi provides zero attacking threat. To me Semi and Omeruo are 6 or half a dozen…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

For those that care Calvin Bassey starts for Rangers in Europa League with Balogun/Aribo vs Sparta Prague
ikemba_nacho wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:16 am Team list as per ng_supereagles

New addition Calvin Bassey Rangers Scotland

Goalkeepers
Maduka Okoye
Daniel Akpeyi
Francis Uzoho

Defenders
William Ekong
Kenneth Omeruo
Abdulalhi Shehu
Chidozie Awaziem
Jamilu Collins
Ola Aina
Calvin Ughelumba
Kevin Akpoguma

Midfielders
Frank Onyeka
Innocent Bonke
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho
Joe Aribo

Forwards
Ahmed Musa
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Paul Onuachu
Chidera Ejuke
Victor Osimhen
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

highbury wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm Rohr understands, he must have players in SE from the north whether the player is good or not. Rohr for the most part picks his own selected players on merit. He doesn't venture out too much. Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
If that’s the case, he could have picked Sanusi and left out one of the older Northerners.

I also believe Jamilu Collins is from Kaduna.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:07 pm
Ejaria and Lookman are never coming to SE. They don't want them.
But they want Calvin Bassey.