Taiwo Awoniyi hangeth twice.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Taiwo Awoniyi hangeth twice.

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:54 am Harry Kane top scorer for Spurs & England last season failed to move to Man City. Onauchu top scorer in Belgium linked to West Ham also failed to move. I am not going speculate on the reason for them not moving but it happens moves break down. I accept until Onauchu plays in the EPL he will not be respected on CE.

I hope he & Osimhen don’t get injured replaced with Taiwo & Umar …………… they fail at international level get found out just like a host of other strikers; Ujah, Success, Kayode, Oji, Brown, Simy & Yinka then people’s eye’s go come clear
Did you read what his club director said, no offer came for him, that’s nothing like Kane in which his club rejected City’s offer…apples and oranges bruh, just saying…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:54 am Harry Kane top scorer for Spurs & England last season failed to move to Man City. Onauchu top scorer in Belgium linked to West Ham also failed to move. I am not going speculate on the reason for them not moving but it happens moves break down. I accept until Onauchu plays in the EPL he will not be respected on CE.

I hope he & Osimhen don’t get injured replaced with Taiwo & Umar …………… they fail at international level get found out just like a host of other strikers; Ujah, Success, Kayode, Oji, Brown, Simy & Yinka then people’s eye’s go come clear
You can’t really compare Harry Kane’s not moving to Onuachu’s.
Kane is already at the pinnacle of his career and only a few can afford him and he’d only want to go to a select few of the world’s elite clubs eg Man City in this case.
Being a typical Englishman, he’s probably reluctant to go abroad too.

Onuachu’s case is far different.
Affordability and choice were much in his favour coming from a lower level. He was ready to travel.
Significantly, we didn’t really read of any team or manager actively seeking to sign him apart from WH.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 am

Kane is already at the pinnacle of his career and only a few can afford him and he’d only want to go to a select few of the world’s elite clubs eg Man City in this case.

Affordability and choice were much in his favour coming from a lower level. He was ready to travel.
Significantly, we didn’t really read of any team or manager actively seeking to sign him apart from WH.
The bottom half of the EPL cannot afford Onuachu and quite frankly he is above that level. The rumours I heard were that the price set by Genk was too high. The rumor is West Ham are to increase their offer so he may move in the Jan transfer.

I heard Onuachu is nursing an injury so you people may get your wish and see Taiwo in action; I pray he lives up to expectation.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:09 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 am

The bottom half of the EPL cannot afford Onuachu and quite frankly he is above that level. The rumours I heard were that the price set by Genk was too high. The rumor is West Ham are to increase their offer so he may move in the Jan transfer.

I heard Onuachu is nursing an injury so you people may get your wish and see Taiwo in action; I pray he lives up to expectation.
You sound too cynical.
Everybody's wish - including yours - should be for the best man to get into position.
We may differ on who that best man is, but that's normal.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Flex. Too much feelings man!

Calm down. No one is wishing Onuachi ill :)

Let's hope we can get to see Awoniyi at some point though, and see what he has to offer. We already have seen what "Air" Onuachi can offer :taunt:

Good to have choices to pick from anyways (or wouldn't you agree?) :thumb: